A Word of Introduction

2:46 PM

Well, I've finally started blogging, as I've been thinking of doing for a while. It seems reasonable to make my first post a sort of introduction, so you'll know what to expect out of this blog.


Hi! I'm Aimee, as you've probably noticed by now. I've been writing seriously for several years now - I'm definitely not an expert, but I have learned quite a few things over those years that I'll hopefully be able to work into some of these blog posts. I write steampunk, currently, as my way of writing historical fiction without technically writing historical fiction. Maybe I'll write about that sometime, too. 

Ahem. Anyway. 

My current writing project is a YA steampunk murder mystery/action adventure (I'm really looking forward to figuring out what genre to classify it as). It is still untitled, despite the fact that it's been little over a year since I began writing it - the first draft was finished last April, and I'm currently on my third draft, working to rewrite it and eventually have it ready to submit to a literary agent. Yes, I'm working toward the traditional publishing route - I may not have any success with it, but I certainly hope to learn some things along the way for the future. I'll keep you updated on the progress of this project and what I'm learning with it, in future posts. 

 Now, I know what you're asking. Or maybe you aren't, and I'm just imagining things: "Is she going to use this entire blog post/blog in general to rant about her novel?" 

Probably, yes. 

All kidding aside, I should get back to the point before I keep rambling and what was supposed to be an introduction turns into something so long most of you have probably stopped reading by now - oh wait. For those of you still holding on, I won't just be blogging about my (mis)adventures in writing fiction. I'll also put in some book reviews, movie reviews, show reviews, rants on the wonders of British television, pictures of my cat, etc. I hope I won't be writing to myself for too long! 

That's all for now! *Cue sighs of relief* I'll try to have an actually interesting post up soon, and post at least weekly after that, or something. 

Geronimo! 

2 comments

  1. Great to see you in the blogging world, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey hey! My friend recommended your blog so I decided to check it out. :D can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.