In Which I Have Been Nominated For Blog Awards!11:24 AM
So, it would appear that I've been nominated for not one, but two blog awards! (I'm new to the whole concept, so I'll struggle through this as best I can.) I've been nominated by the lovely Rachel Day @ Rachel H. Day, whose blog I've just discovered. So thanks so much for that!
|I don't even watch this show. But whatever.|
♥ Thank the person who nominated you.
♥ Leave a link to their page.
♥ Give a brief story about how you started blogging, and share some tips.
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers
♥ Notify your nominees by email or comment
Hm...as for how I started blogging, well, I guess it just sort of...happened? I'd been interested in it for a while, and as I started to get more and more serious about my writing and saw that having a blog was advisable for writers, I went ahead and made one.
Tips? Well, it's only been a few months, like I said, but here's some things I've learned:
1. Have a schedule, and post regularly. Really. If I hadn't given myself some kind of schedule for posts (that's writing posts on Tuesdays, flash fiction on Fridays, and a few posts in between) I wouldn't have the guts to write posts at all. It's a great way to keep yourself accountable.
2. Find other blogs and comment and interact with those bloggers. This is a great way to find inspiration for your own blog and make new friends! (it also gets you more readers. Just saying.)
3. Have fun. Do write about what people like and seem to want to see, but don't get sucked up in that. Blogging should be fun, a place for you to write about your passions. Go crazy with it!
4. Don't get too stressed about it, and do be patient. One thing I've discovered is that blogging takes patience, and a lot of it. You're not going to get readers right away, really, or be super popular instantly. (and that's not what matters, anyway.) So just write, interact with other bloggers, and have fun with it! I can't stress the fun part enough. Seriously.
Hmm...I'll nominate people at the end, for both tags. Here's the other, once again thanks to Rachel:
|This one's pretty, isn't it?|
♥ Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
♥ List the rules and display the award.
♥ Add 7 facts about yourself.
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers.
♥ Follow on blogger the person who nominated you
Seven Facts About Me:
1. I'm a Myers-Briggs ESTP, through and through. (So yes, I am a loud obnoxious people person sometimes. But I do try not to be.)
2. I have a cat. A rather adorable cat, who likes to 'help' with revision. See?
|This is Duchess. This is also not a very good picture, but oh well.|
3. I love music a lot. My most favoritest band is Switchfoot, though. Seriously, everyone should go listen to Switchfoot right now. They're one of my biggest writing inspirations, with both lovely music and inspiring lyrics.
|Did I mention that I really love Lost?|
Well, I guess that's it for me...now, the nominations! *wild applause* Visit allll the people.
- Alexa - Summer Snowflakes (She's hilarious and ships a lot of the same things I do, so, you know, awesome.)
- C. F. Barrows - Digressions of a Demented Scribe (She does a lot of fantabulous character interviews. And is also hilarious.)
- Imogen - Gossiping with Dragons (Lots of amazing writing tips. I absolutely adore her blog!
Which I don't comment on as much as I should, but do stalk.)