A Myers-Briggs Post: ESTP Things

7:00 AM


Note: Saturdays are now 'do whatever I want' days, so I'll usually post random things about whatever strikes my fancy, because I felt like posting more.




















































So, as some of you know, I'm a Myers-Briggs ESTP, and very much so. That's (E)xtrovert, (S)ensing, (T)hinking, (P)ercieving, and you can find more information on that personality types (and the others, if you're new to this or just curious) here.

So yes, I am an extroverted, loud, insensitive people person. And yet, I also enjoy reading and writing a ton, and blogging, and staying in my room with a good show and the internet. Look at that. Us ESTPs are go-out-and-do-things people, for the most part, so there isn't a whole lot to be found on us online, which is kind of frustrating for someone wading through a sea of INFJ/INTJ/etc. things on Pinterest trying to find something about my type.  So, for any possible ESTPs out there and curious people of other types, and also in the spirit of needing to vent, I've put together a list of a few mostly humorous ESTP struggles/experiences, based off my own experience. I'll say it again: This isn't true of everyone, but it's some things I've dealt with that I think are relevant to my type.

And I'll use GIFs. 'Cause those are cool.


10 Things About Being ESTP


1. Very few people are as blunt as you are. 

"But it's true!" 

2. Emotions. Why. 

I just don't understand them. 



3. Being the 'loud', 'obnoxious' one.

I just like to do things! 


4. What do you mean, you don't want to do that crazy risky thing? 

LET'S DO ALL THE THINGS. 

5. Long theoretical discussions. 

Yawn. 

6. ...and sounding less smart for preferring to sum up your thoughts and opinions in a few simple sentences. 

So we can go do more things! 

7. We're very observant and good at reading people. 


...and that means he's nervous about *specific event here*. Or whatever.
Can't keep no secrets from the ESTP.

8. THERE ISN'T ENOUGH ESTP STUFF ONLINE. EVER. 

Just needed to rant about that again.

9. When no one wants to talk. 

How can I focus or figure this out without people and outside stimulation? 

10. All decisions must be logical, but logical decisions hurt feelings. 

Trying to stay calm. But really. Why. 


What about you? Are you as Myers-Briggs obsessed as I am? What's your personality type? Comment away! 

14 comments

  1. I am so happy someone wrote about ESTPs! I'm not one, but one of my favorite characters, Nitri, is. (There's some ESTP pins I found for him on his board if you want to check them out. http://www.pinterest.com/ivycloak/taken-nitri/). If I may say so, you ESTPs sound like a very interesting bunch. The whole daredevil thing you guys are known for sounds insane to me (a very respectably risk-hating INTJ). It's funny that you have issues finding people of your type online, and I don't. Because in real life it's the opposite!
    And I am totally obsessed with Myers-Briggs. It's probably my INTJ-obsession. If you ever want to ramble about it, I'm around. My blog is here: http://writerandproud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You INTJs are interesting too - from what I've seen about you, which is a lot, knowing several INTJs personally. Yes, we're quite the risk-takers. :)
      It's good to meet another obsessed person...I'll definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. OMG THIS IS HILARIOUS AND I JUST LAUGHED SO MUCH! I'm an INTJ...and I actually relate to 1 and 2 a lot though! I struggle with emotional cues in my house, lol, unless it's being anxious. I'm A+ at being anxious. XD And I'm forever so blunt that when my sister tries on a new outfit she comes upstairs and says, "I want opinions but not Cait's." -_- I feel the love.
    But the gifs?! OMG THE GIFS. I'm still laughing. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! I do have a lot of fun with the GIFs...how do people manage blog posts without them?
      LOL. I've heard things like that before... "What do you think? Not you, Aimee, you'll be mean." It's awfully hard to be tactful with the truth sometimes. :)

      Delete
  3. This is awesome! XD I love MBTI things, and this is so funny! I haven't spent a lot of time looking at extrovert things, though, so I didn't realize there isn't stuff out there like it.

    But I love LOTR so this has endeared you to me, if not your entire type. :D It's amazing how many INTJs are on the Internet... And then not that many of my type, ISTJ. Which generally has more guys, anyway. It's muy triste.

    Anyway, YAY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may just be that I haven't been looking in the right places, too, I just haven't had much luck finding very many ESTP things :)
      Ooh, ISTJ - y'all are pretty fascinating, honestly. I've got an ISTJ character, so I've had to do a lot of research on that type and I found you guys really interesting. :D

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness this is awesome. And I feel like I MUST be writing Alyssa right cause she's estj and acts pretty much just like this. Yay for hardcore honesty though. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've gotten ESTJ several times, actually (along with ISTP once or twice) and I think I fall pretty near in the middle on the P/J part of things.

      Delete
  5. Aimee I think if we ever meet IRL we'll just go around doing stupid daredevil things and it will be GLORIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a reply thing finally xD http://ranger-the-writer.blogspot.com/2015/01/infj-isms-or-how-accurate-are-all-those.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am an INFJ and ESTPs fascinate me because you have so much energy and are all about going out, seeing people, doing things. I think I have never deeply befriended any ESTPs because I just can't keep up with them, and they think I'm pretty boring. I became more interested in understanding this personality type because according to Socionics they are our "dual" (!?) and also because they supposedly share all the same functions, in reverse. The thing I most admire about the ESTP types I have known, is their physical grace. I have a talent for music and art, but they seem to manifest their talent in every movement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I love Legolas!!! Great GIFs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god, this is awesome!
    I'm ESTP too.

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.