Blog Tags and Other Such Nonsense

7:00 AM


First off, I have a very special announcement!...thaaaat you don't get to find out until Saturday. But I'm very excited to introduce it to you all, so make sure you remember to look at Saturday's post! (which will be all fun and Myers-Briggs-y in itself, I promise.)

But now. Heather @ Sometimes I'm A Story tagged me for the Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award, and Tansie @ Totally Tansie tagged me for 20 Things You Might Not Know About Me, so I am going to do both of the things in one post, and hopefully make it short, even though I tend to get longwinded. So, let's begin!


Rules and Stuff 

  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
  • Put the award logo on your blog.
  • Answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
  • Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Nominate ten people.

I happen to love these questions. Thank you, Heather. 


1. You’re about to be thrown in jail with a fictional character of your choice—who is the character and how do you escape?
The Doctor is the solution to everything. 
But seriously, though, we'd be out of there in no time at all, probably due to some crazy sonic-screwdriver-wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey sort of thing. And then I could go in the TARDIS. Nothing could go wrong It would all turn out fine in the end!

2. What is your favorite social media site?
Pinterest. Do you even know how much time I waste on Pinterest? A lot. (My Pinterest account is here, in case you were wondering.)

3. If you were a deity [YOU], what sacrifices would you demand from your pilgrims?
Chocolate. Duh. And also books. 

4. Which is more important to you: a satisfying ending or relatable characters?
Characters! Always characters. And I'm a fan of brutal endings, anyway, so throw me ALL THE FEELS and gimme some people I can care about and I'm just fine, thank you. 

5. What is the hardest thing for you to write about?

What even are emotions. How do you accurately write the emotions. How do you make people feel the emotions. WHY ARE THE EMOTIONS A THING. 

6. What are the top seven ways you would repurpose a lonely sock? 
Why would I re-purpose it when I could just pair it with another lonely sock? Misfits unite. 

7. Do you have a favorite archetype to read or write?
The cynical, sarcastic, slightly bitter character who's just really done with everything and everyone 90% of the time. (Connor from Unwind, Hayley from The Impossible Knife of Memory, Grantaire from Les Miserables, Haymitch from The Hunger Games, etc.)

8. Has a book ever given you important wedding planning advice? (for example, Princess Bride, if you skip to ‘man and wife’ it doesn’t count)
It's usually important to tell the other person you're getting married in the first place, before you actually announce it. Thanks, Hunger Games. 

9. In the event that you were forced to take a ride on top of a car, how would you secure yourself?
Secure myself? Who said anything about that? I'm braving it with my own strength and a whole lot of prayers, probably. I'm just a little bit too reckless sometimes.

10. What is your favorite story no one has ever heard of?
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale is one of my more obscure favorites. And Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins - why are we not talking about this more? 

 Questions To Answer If I Tagged You (or if you want to do it, for that matter.) 

  1. What fandoms are you in? 
  2. What books have made you cry? Or are you a coldhearted robot like me? 
  3. Do you believe in Sherlock Holmes? (I'm fandom-minded today and I won't apologize.) 
  4. Have you ever danced in public? 
  5. If you had to choose bringing your favorite character to our world or having to go find them in their world, what would you choose? 
  6. List five books that have impacted you in some way. (yes, this is not a question. But whatever.) 
  7. Favorite villain of all time? 
  8. If you could rename yourself, what would you choose? 
  9. What's your Myers-Briggs type? What type would you be if you could choose? (two questions in one!) 
  10. What are you currently reading? 
Have fun, peeps.

Hold on, we're halfway through! (Once again, thank you for the tag, Heather!) 




1. How tall are you?
5'5". 

2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?I can find my place again in a book without using a bookmark.



3. What is your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
Blogs with annoying/unreadable fonts. Just keep it simple, people. Pretty please? 

4. What is your biggest non blog-related pet peeve?
People who hum constantly, especially if it's an annoying song or they're doing it on purpose. No. Why. Don't even. In the words of Artemis Fowl, "Do I need to kill someone?" 

5. What is your favorite song?
How am I supposed to pick just one??? I have lots of favorite songs. Right now it's Vice Verses by Switchfoot and I Don't Need A Soul by Relient K and Centuries by Fall Out Boy aaaaand I'll stop now. 

6. What is your favorite Etsy shop that isn't yours?
I'm not a huge Etsy person. BUT. BUT. There is an Etsy shop that makes steampunk guns. Yes please. 

7. What is your favorite way to spend free time when you're not alone?
Concerts! Which I don't get to do as often as I'd like, but oh well. You can't really go every day, I guess. 

8. What is your favorite junk food?
CHIPS. ALL THE CHIPS. 

Ah, the accuracy. 

9. Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind, and what are their names?
I have a sassy INTJ cat named Duchess and a shy snake named Riley and they are both adorable. End of story. 

10. What are your number one favorite nonfiction and fiction books?

Nonfiction: Go Teen Writers by Jill Williamson and Stephanie Morrill. I'm on the Go Teen Writers blog and just got their book and it's fantabulous. If you write at all, you need it. Yes you do. Go buy it nowwwww. 

Fiction: Agh, there's so many! Right now it's Red Rising and Golden Son by Pierce Brown. Which is two, really, but it's a series so I guess it counts. 
Aren't they so pretty? 

11. What is your favorite beauty product?
A touch of awesomeness and fandom tears. 

12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened? 
The last time I tried to edit Pariah and discovered how terrible it was. So, last night. 


13. If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) what would it be?
There's a coffee shop by my house that sells candy bar flavored coffee and it tastes like liquid heaven. So, that. 

14. What's your favorite movie?
Marvel. Anything Marvel. I don't even care that I'm cheating and not naming just one. But Guardians of the Galaxy and The Winter Soldier, especially right now. 

15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?
I'm still in high school, but also homeschooled, so I'm probably That One Friend. 

16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Guess where~ 
(there are more questions than I anticipated. Phew.) 

17. PC or Mac?
Neither. I'm a rebel and know nothing about computers.

18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?

Yeah, no. 
19. Favorite celebrity?
Adam Young. Allow me to offer proof: 

Owl City tweets always make my day.

20. What blogger friends do you secretly want to be best friends with?
ALL OF YOU. You're all my people. 



Well, there we are! Did you all survive? Because if you did, it's time for tags! *drumroll* 

I tag Cait @ Paper Fury, Krissy @ Words in my Soul, and Morgan @ Back to the Drawing Board, for whichever of these they would like to do, if they want to do them. Also, anyone else who feels like doing it. Go do the thing. Have fun. 

Aimee out. 


19 comments

  1. I HAVE READ PRINCESS ACADEMY AND GREGOR THE OVERLANDER! *grins* It makes me so happy that I know about the books you're referencing. xP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! It's always exciting to find people who have read those...they're some of my favorites! *hands cake*

      Delete
    2. *devours cake in one, very large, astonishing mouthful*

      Delete
    3. Oh! *comments again*
      Did you read the sequel to 'Princess Academy?' I'm wondering what you thought of it...

      Delete
    4. I did! It's been so long, but I remember finding it both delightful and not being a fan...I was super surprised to find out that there was a sequel in the first place, and it struck me as kind of odd. I didn't hate it, just thought it was a little unnecessary. :)

      Delete
    5. Yeah. I wasn't a huge fan of it. I think she should've just had the first book, because it was so awesome and the sequel just didn't meet my standards.

      Delete
    6. I always forget about the sequel, haha. But the first book is one I come back to often, because it does make me happy.

      Delete
  2. YAY Blogging Buddies! LOL and Oh my word! yes, Adam Young is amazing. All time favourite celebrity right there...and I feel you on the whole embarrassed about stuff when editing that was me last night with my Sci-Fi novel... I'm like "maybe I-hahahaha nope!" :P

    Love this post :) Tags are always such fun )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? He's hilarious. xD Ah, editing.

      Delete
  3. Gregor the Overlander!! I loved that series so much! And wow, I love Adam Young's tweets. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADAM YOUNG. AND UNWIND. AND also that's a good point; you should always make sure everyone knows about the getting married before the announcement happens. It reminds me of Michael Jr.: "Have you ever been to a surprise wedding?" These are great answers, though; thanks for participating in the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, YAY. Thank you! XD I like. Although if I answer the fandom question it's more like "what fandoms AREN'T you in" because I seem to adopt fandoms and collect them and put them in neat little rows of heartbreak and destruction. Seriously. I need to staaaaahp. There are too many feels to be shed.
    I'm longing quietly and sadly after Golden Son right now. it is so pretty and so expensive. *sobs quietly*
    Those Adam Young tweets are HILARIOUS.
    And you are tall. I'm 5'1. On a good day. On a bad day I'm just 5. Isn't that sad? Like I grow and shrink according to the weather or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I was making a list of all the fandoms I needed to enter this upcoming summer and I'm both excited and scary to take the plunge and add them to my already huge list. Soooo maaaaanyyyyy feeelssss.
      YOU NEED TO READ GOLDEN SON CAIT. IT IS WORTH IT. *flails*

      Delete
  6. You did it!! I love your answers, particularly #11. ;) I also find #12 and #14 completely relatable. Any story, no matter how recently I've written it, looks terrible when I go back and try to edit it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thank you for tagging me! It was really so much fun. :)

      Delete
  7. Emotions are the hardest for me to write as well. Also, Suzanne Collins has written something other than the Hunger Games?! I did not know that!

    Unreadable fonts are one of my pet peeves as well. And number 18 made me laugh because I'm the same. YAY FOR GIFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was seriously laughing at your use of the gif for the romantic gestures thing. HOW DO YOU FIND ALL OF THESE. I want to just copy that question right into my own blog, with that gif, because it is so perfect. And home schoolers rock!

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.