I Have An Enormous TBR Stack and Goodreads Is To Blame

10:26 AM




Guess what this one's about!

Today I'm going to give you a peek into my reading life, yaaaay! I have 14 books sitting in a stack by my desk as I speak, and I'm excited about all of them, so for today's bookish post I'm going to spend some time talking about them, and you can hopefully advise me about which books to read first (or maybe scrap entirely?) if you have any opinions either way. Whatever you feel like saying, let's talk books!


(Note: These are in order of how I have them stacked right now, but several are series so I'm merging those together. It's just easier that way.) 



This one was recommended by a good writerly friend, and I've been super excited to read it! It looks a little sci-fi, a little fantasy, and a little steampunk, and one of the main characters is named Finn. Just my kind of thing. And look at that cover. *swoons* 
EDIT: Since writing this post, I have actually started reading this - I'm not far in, but I love it so far! 

2.  Railsea by China Miéville


Apparently this is an adaption of Moby-Dick. Featuring giant moles. That's all I know about it so far, but between that and the cover I'm sold. 



These are the second two books in Lewis' Space Trilogy. I've read them before, but I'm in the process of rereading the series since I own them and they're gorgeous. They're divided in the stack, but like I mentioned, I'm mashing them together here because it's easier. 


 

Again, a reread - Shannon Hale is my favorite fantasy author, and this is one of my favorites of her books. Definitely my favorite set of characters. Have you read these? Go read them. 



Jill runs Go Teen Writers, my most favoritest writing blog ever, so I just had to read this! It's diferent from what I usually read, but hey, a look at human cloning from a Christian perspective. I'm down with this. 



"I don't even like Michael Grant," I whisper, as I find myself checking out the third book in his BZRK series, because the other two shocked me and made me feel sick but I REALLY NEED TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS OKAY. 



I know basically nothing about this book, other than the fact that all my bookish friends have been talking about it and I like the cover. So, I'll try it. I think there's some magic going on here? 



I read this book when I was younger and going through a serious fantasy phase and really, really enjoyed it, and I read it once or twice back then too! So I'm going to read it again, for old time's sake. I'll probably need its happy nostalgia after all those distressing books above, too. 



Okay, this book is HUGE. And the first thing Goodreads says about it is it's kind of like Inception and features a blurred reality. I'm all for this. 



I just received a gorgeous copy of this book as a gift, and I've been interested in it for a while (Alice In Wonderland geek, right here) so I'm SO EXCITED about this one. And I'm in love with the cover.



Do you know how much I've heard about this book? A lot. Do you know how much I know about this book? Nothing at all. I'm hooked. 



I really, really loved Steelheart, and I've been waiting for this sequel for FOREVER. 



I really loved Ultraviolet, the first book! It was a pleasant surprise from a book I didn't expect to like and picked up randomly. Hopefully the sequel is just as good! I mean, it has a shiny cover. That's a win. 

And finally... 



Okay, so I loved the first book to death. I really did. GANSEY AND BLUE AND ADAM AND RONAN AND NOAH AH. I need this sequel, and I need it now. It's going to destroy me. 


Well, that was longer than I thought. If you made it all the way through, congrats! Now talk to me, friends. Which of these books have you read? Do I need to bump any up to the front of the list? Should I take any off? Most importantly, which would you like to see me review on the blog? What's on your TBR stack? Comment away. 

0 comments

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.