Beautiful People: ALL The Shipping

7:00 AM



Today, I'm once again participating in the Beautiful People Linkup by Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In! I've participated in the linkup for the past four months, but this is the first month you'll get to actually meet one of my characters. And not just one, but two characters, for that matter, because this month's linkup is all about shipping. 



The couple I've chosen for the linkup is Ize and Scarlette, the big OTP in my main project, Pariah. Now, Pariah is a big steampunky murder mystery full of airships and poshness and mechanical dragons and assassins and, well, murder, but it has its fair share of cute shipping, too. (You can find out all about Pariah here.) 

But that's not to say they don't have a hard time of it. Ize is one of my two main characters in Pariah, and he's a rather adorable mute assassin, originally hired to kill the other MC, who's taken Scarlette hostage. Scarlette is a rich girl who doesn't really want anything to do with assassins or murders or anything of the sort, but Ize doesn't exactly like his profession and ends up helping and well, they're cute. Eventually, after all the murder and angsty-ness. (I really do need to tell you guys more about Pariah, don't I?) 

And here they are! 

Aren't they sweet? 
Anyway. I'll try to get through this without much fangirling with as little fangirling as possible. 



1. How long have they been a couple?

If we're going by story time, they aren't until the end of the book. (Is that spoilers? I don't think so. Sorry.) Being a shy mute assassin and a slightly less shy society girl, it takes a lot of time for them to, you know, not be scared to death of each other and get to know each other. But I don't think that's a bad thing. If we're going by real life time, it's been a little over a year. Squee! 

2. How did they first meet?
*laughs nervously* 
That's actually a long and kind of complicated story...Scarlette belongs to a very upper-class family, and Ize does too, but Ize is a mute disappointment in the corner who doesn't get out much and Scarlette is somewhat of a socialite. So they probably met when they were little kids, since their families are friends, but they wouldn't have had a whole lot of interaction. 

In the story they meet again and start to interact after Ize attempts to violently assassinate the person holding Scarlette hostage, but oh well.

3. What were their first thoughts of each other? (Love at first sight or “you’re freakishly annoying”?)
Well Ize, who I swear is a hardcore assassin sometimes and not always a squishy shy adorable thing, was all 
Except, you know, *she. And I totally compared him to Violet from
The Incredibles, yes I did. 
And Scarlette was all

Because this hardcore mute assassin who just tried to strangle
someone
is looking at her and blushing. 
They're kind of like Marius and Cosette from Les Miserables?

4. What do they do that most annoys each other?
Well, they're sweethearts, the both of them, so they wouldn't ever admit to being annoyed, but... 
Ize is a huge introvert and Scarlette is a huge extrovert, and he does get a little snippy about being constantly talked to and dragged around places and introduced to people all the time. It annoys him more than it lets on, but he's a good sport about it. 
Scarlette probably isn't fond of Ize's habit of being all dark and broody and scared of everyone, because she's all flowery and light and people and why is he still sad? She's also not a fan of the whole habit of carrying knives around. Assassin habits die hard, I guess. 

5. Are their personalities opposite or similar?
Well...Ize is INFJ, and Scarlette is ENFJ, so while they're similar in lots of ways, they're also radically different. They're both absolute sweethearts and kind to everyone (Yes, I know, Ize is an assassin, it's complicated) and like to listen to people and value friendships and such. But Ize is a big bookworm and more of a dark type, while Scarlette's a huge talker/partier. There's also the whole rich girl and assassin thing, but that's not important, is it? 

6. How would their lives be different without each other?
Scarlette would probably end up marrying some rich toff (isn't that word just the funnest?) and living a pretty normal upper-class life after the events of Pariah
Ize has had a crush on Scarlette since forever, and without that he would probably be a lot darker, since he'd be dragged into the whole assassin thing without something light to focus on. 

In other words they are perfect and must be together forever, yesssss, precioussssss. 


7. Are they ever embarrassed of each other?
Oh, all the time. I think Ize spends a good part of their relationship in public wondering why on earth this woman is introducing him to everyone and isn't she embarrassed about talking so much all the time? 
As for Scarlette, I don't know how you would not occasionally be a little ashamed by your assassin boyfriend in the corner who can't say a word to anyone and probably wouldn't even if he could and oh, yeah, is highly regarded as a murderer in all polite society. 


8. Does anyone disapprove of their relationship?

Only all of London's upper-class society. But how you couldn't love Ize and his adorableness despite his being a hardcore ex-assassin, I don't know.

9. Do they see their relationship as long-term/leading to marriage?
OH YES. I may or may not have this already written out. It's not easy, not at all, and takes a good couple of years, but there's a lovely wedding in their future. After, you know, I ruin their lives several times. Because heaven forbid I should lose my 'heartbreaking author' status. 

10. If they could plan the “perfect outing” together, where would they go?
After much disagreement - Scarlette would want to go to a ball and Ize would probably vote for the library - they would stay home and have a tea party on the sitting room floor as a compromise. Because they're cool like that.

WELL. That was fun, and adorable, and hopefully I've given y'all a good glimpse into some of my Pariah characters! There will be more about them in the future, I promise. 

Did you participate in the linkup this month? Who's your favorite fictional couple? Have you ever written a simply adorable OTP? Let's talk fictional OTPs. 

31 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, that sounds muchly adorable. I really love your use of gifs--especially the Sherlock one--and all the other comparisons. (The Incredibles! Eek!) I also think it's so amazing that you mapped out your characters according to MBTI profiles; I'm a huge fan of those personalities, but haven't done them for fictional characters before. Oh! And all the class differences and MURDER and this sounds so great, okay?

    (Psst, if you're interested, I also did a Beautiful People post: http://randommorbidinsanity.blogspot.com/2015/02/beautiful-people-valentine-edition-oh-no.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks! It's funny how quickly I was able to match that Incredibles gif with that character, haha. xD And you should try it sometime! Doing MBTI for characters is way more helpful than I would have thought before I tried it - you can really get an insight on characters that way. :) Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked it.
      *runs to check out yours*

      Delete
  2. Aww, this was adorable! It's nice to read about a novel where the main characters have lives outside of each other. I applaud you for creating an additional character! I'm also completely enamoured with the idea of a tea party date because IT'S RIDICULOUSLY CUTE.
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's something I very much wanted to try to write and it's turned out great so far. And yeah, I may have squealed a little when I figured it out because GOSH, I ship them. xD

      Delete
  3. Ize and Scarlette oh my goodness are they cute. *wonders how I would do with an ENFJ husband*
    Anyhow, I did one, so:
    http://ranger-the-writer.blogspot.com/2015/02/beautiful-people-shipping.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness you've gotten me shipping them now. xD
    I haven't done this linkup . . . and I tend not to fangirl too much so I'm not sure how successful I would be conveying my enthusiasm for Tyv and Ambyr to be together. My other pairing (is it a pairing? sort of half of one I guess) is sort of creepy because the girl along with her seriously-evil mentor sort of hold the guy prisoner . . . and he still likes her. I think he may just be a tad affected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! xD
      Hah, I probably overdo the fangirling sometimes. :P And oooh, creepy relationships...I'm intrigued, as always. Poor fellow.

      Delete
    2. Yes, poor fellow. I think he's probably my version of Ize. xD

      Delete
  5. OTPs ARE LIFE BASICALLY. I SHIP THINGS QUITE SERIOUSLY. I'M A SERIOUS SHIPPER. *ahem* But these two sound ridiculously adorable. I laughed at their first impressions of each other. XD SO CUTE. Um, but you know...a little creepy, Ize.
    I have many many fictional OTPs. But of the ones I've written? Usually the never ever end up together which is slightly depressing. But I do have this book I want write about a dragon and a cop who fall in love. It'll be awesome. Very fiery. They'll probs all die. *nods dramatically*
    LOVED reading this, Aimee! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. SHIP ALL THE THINGS ALL THE TIME. WE ARE VERY ALIKE SOMETIMES, CAIT.
      Haha, the poor guy IS kind of creepy at first. Like, way to get the girl, Ize. But I do love him so, and they work out the creepiness eventually, so all's well. xD
      Oh my gosh, I need that story. I WILL READ IT AND ENJOY IT AND LOVE IT YES.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. They sound so cute together! I super love the idea of a tea party at home because I, like Ize, would pick the library but HEY, why go somewhere else to read books when you can stay home and read books and eat food at the same time instead? Seriously, that guy sounds beautiful to me already. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! He does have nice ideas like that sometimes. xD

      Delete
  7. Ize and Scarlette are so cute together!! I really like that they are so different and so similar, and also how they work out their disagreements (like by having a tea party. Tea parties solve everything).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Tea parties do solve everything. I agree with that. *nods wisely*

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love them! Especially Ize. I think I would find Scarlette adorable, the of way Anna in Frozen. (Either that or somewhat annoying.) I think Frozen. She seems cool. But Ize I will love beyond doubt.

    Yes. Not sure. Yes, of course, you read it! ;)

    So. My favorite fictional couple. Hmm. I don't know. I'm sure I'll think of them at like 2 in the morning tonight but... right now, not sure. Do Ben and Jessa Seewald count? I'm not good at favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I flipflop between finding Scarlette annoying and adorable myself, haha. She definitely has an Anna sort of vibe. xD And Ize of course is totally lovable to everyone, apparently, which makes me very happy. <3 And favorites are hard, so I totally get that. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  9. Totally and unmistakably adorable only partly describes how they are in the top collage.The differences between their first impressions of each other are too hilarious!

    "Because heaven forbid I should lose my 'heartbreaking author' status." Totally agree with your feelings there! I mean, I enjoy writing to make people laugh, but to make them weep? Now that is really fun/fulfilling! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks! Yeah, they meet in an...entertaining way. xD

      Yes. Basically all I aspire to do is make people cry with this book, soooo... *shrugs*

      Delete
  10. They are adorable, and Ize is just awww, the comparison to Violet made me laugh. I did the link up too :)
    http://skyehoffert.blogspot.ca/2015/02/beauiful-people-valentine-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally made it to this post! Woot!!

    A SHY assassin? Is that... somehow possible? As in, he's afraid of the people he's supposed to kill? =O Hmm, unusual. I'd want to see how that pans out. XD This plot is like a rollercoaster. How exciting. They must be so fun to write. But my favourite bit of this post was knowing there's going to be a GORGEOUS WEDDING XD Why don't fantasies do this anymore?!

    P.S. Good luck with your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *throws glitter*

      Haha, yeah, he's my shy little butterfly, and I do love him so. And yeah, he doesn't like people, or being an assassin, so he's a special little child. xD Thanks! It really IS fun. And haha, you made me laugh with that, because I get excited over that too. :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  12. OH MY GOSH THEY SOUND SO ADORABLE.

    Ahem. But seriously, I was already getting all hyper about MECHANICAL DRAGONS (*dies*). If you could kill someone with cuteness, these two would definitely be the last people standing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They are rather cute. xD And the mechanical dragon is neat too...it's just a really fun story to write. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  13. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! I especially love the last one, with their perfect outing compromise. I already ship it! :D


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.