Fan Month Linkup7:00 AM
This is a really important post, and I want you all to pay attention because it's super cool and I'm a huge fan of it. (See what I did there?) Anyway.
|And listen up!|
My dear bloggy friend Heather @ Sometimes I'm A Story (whose blog is amazing; you really need to check it out) is hosting an extra special thing next month. Fan Month! The goal is to sacrifice time posting on your own blog and instead turn the love and attention to others in the lovely blogosphere. It takes place this March, and the goal is to spend some amount of time - a few scattered days, a week, whatever - to reading others' blog posts, commenting, sharing, and finding new blogs to read, enjoy, and interact with. Community is crucial in the bloggy world, and this really helps promote it! It's very flexible and you can contribute however you like. I'm definitely doing it as much as possible. I'm linking up, just like I want every single one of you reading this to do as well, and answering the questions now!
1. When do you plan on being a fan?
Like Heather, I'm doing it for a whole week next March! So there won't be any posts here that week (will anyone miss me? :P) but I'll be finding new blogs, commenting on them, sharing posts, and generally enjoying other bloggers' work for a change. I'd highly encourage you to do the same, but if you haven't got time, why don't you take a day you'd normally post on and use it to visit other blogs instead?
2. What goals will you set for yourself?
- Find at least ten new blogs to follow, at least one of which will not be writing/book related, just to shake stuff up.
- Comment on every post I read, even if I don't follow the blog. Find something meaningful to comment, too.
- Share the posts I enjoy on Twitter, Pinterest, etc - at least two a day.
Nah, I don't think so - except I'll probably reply to any comments that accumulate on this blog during the week. But no posting!
4. Where do you plan on sharing the great posts you read?
5. Where could you be a fan outside the blogosphere?
Ah, I'll have to think about this. But it's a good thing to consider, definitely.
Okay, here's where you come in, and this is important, so listen up. If you blog, and if you read this post, you go and join Heather's linkup! Answer the questions. Decide to join in the fun. That's right, I'm talking to all of you, and you don't really have an excuse. What are you waiting for?