Fan Month Linkup

7:00 AM



This is a really important post, and I want you all to pay attention because it's super cool and I'm a huge fan of it. (See what I did there?) Anyway.

And listen up!

My dear bloggy friend Heather @ Sometimes I'm A Story (whose blog is amazing; you really need to check it out) is hosting an extra special thing next month. Fan Month! The goal is to sacrifice time posting on your own blog and instead turn the love and attention to others in the lovely blogosphere. It takes place this March, and the goal is to spend some amount of time - a few scattered days, a week, whatever - to reading others' blog posts, commenting, sharing, and finding new blogs to read, enjoy, and interact with. Community is crucial in the bloggy world, and this really helps promote it! It's very flexible and you can contribute however you like. I'm definitely doing it as much as possible. I'm linking up, just like I want every single one of you reading this to do as well, and answering the questions now!




1. When do you plan on being a fan?
Like Heather, I'm doing it for a whole week next March! So there won't be any posts here that week (will anyone miss me? :P) but I'll be finding new blogs, commenting on them, sharing posts, and generally enjoying other bloggers' work for a change. I'd highly encourage you to do the same, but if you haven't got time, why don't you take a day you'd normally post on and use it to visit other blogs instead? 

2. What goals will you set for yourself?
  • Find at least ten new blogs to follow, at least one of which will not be writing/book related, just to shake stuff up. 
  • Comment on every post I read, even if I don't follow the blog. Find something meaningful to comment, too. 
  • Share the posts I enjoy on Twitter, Pinterest, etc - at least two a day. 
3. Are you going to set any rules for yourself? Exceptions to those rules?
Nah, I don't think so - except I'll probably reply to any comments that accumulate on this blog during the week. But no posting!

4. Where do you plan on sharing the great posts you read?
  • Pinterest (I'm going to follow Heather's example and make a special board for it, I think) 
  • Twitter
Maybe elsewhere? 

5. Where could you be a fan outside the blogosphere?
Ah, I'll have to think about this. But it's a good thing to consider, definitely.



Okay, here's where you come in, and this is important, so listen up. If you blog, and if you read this post, you go and join Heather's linkup! Answer the questions. Decide to join in the fun. That's right, I'm talking to all of you, and you don't really have an excuse. What are you waiting for? 

20 comments

  1. Ooh yay, you're participating in this link-up too! My declaration post will be going up next week, and I'm super excited for it. I'm going to be taking a break off Tumblr especially, and only rely on my (accumulated over very long) queue. Oh, and on Twitter, are you planning to use any hashtag for this? I was thinking maybe #FanMonth? But I'd like to see what the other participants think ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually literally just used the hashtag, so I guess so? xD It would be neat to hashtag it so we can keep track of things. I can't wait to see your post!

      Delete
  2. *happy dance-in-seat-danceeeeeeee* Thanks so much for posting this, first of all, and I'm super excited to see what happens. And you should be sure to post your Pinterest Board so I can see where you go, too. :D Anyway, this was perfect and kinda made my day SO hooray and huzzah and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no problem! I'm really, really excited about this whole thing, so it's a pleasure to put up. :D

      Delete
  3. I agree that community is huge in blog land. I follow a ridiculous number of blogs, and commenting on every post is pretty much impossible. Being a blogger myself, I know how much effort goes into each blog post, so I love the idea of appreciating all that hard work in fan month!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the problem...with so many blogs out there, and so many posts, it's incredibly hard to stay on top of it all. :/ I'm hoping I'll be able to appreciate more people, though - a mindset for me now is "I can't comment on that post/read that post, I don't have time" and I'm hoping to change that a little!

      Delete
  4. I'm going to be doing this link up as well! I'm super excited for it. March is going to be a cool blogging month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm super excited for it :D *throws glitter*

      Delete
  5. *takes a deep breath* Okay. I'm doing this. Here we go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm proud of you. You got this. *nods wisely* xD

      Delete
  6. I guess I could say I do fan week all the time because I usually schedule my posts all at one time at the beginning of each month to free up time for commenting. However, I'm still going to do fan week where I don't post anything because then I can focus less on commenting back on my own blog, and more on commenting on other blogs. I'm so excited for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good for you! I don't ever schedule things (unless it's like the night before) so I'm both confused and impressed by that. xD I'm excited too - I can't wait to see all the positivity that'll come out of it!

      Delete
  7. You know what? I think I should do this. I really really do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather's idea is such a great one, isn't it? I'm definitely planning on joining in with this, though I haven't formally committed yet, which is bad of me. I love the idea of exploring new blogs, discovering great bloggers and leaving some encouraging comments. I know that I cherish every comment I get, so I'd love to give a few more of those to other people who really deserve them. This blogging thing isn't easy after all, and it's always great to know that you're not talking to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love that it's such a super flexible thing, so you can choose to be a fan however you'd like whenever it works for you, and you can do your own neat things with it. And you're so right, comments mean a lot! I think it's important to remember to support other blogs, even if you already do comment and read a lot.

      Delete
  9. This is quite awesome! YAY FOR HEATHER'S FAN WEEK! I don't think I'll be actively participating, but I think it's a super good idea. (I read so so many blogs right now, lol, I'm kind of drowning and can't add more atm. XD) Being a fan outside the blogsphere? ohh, that would be a huge challenge...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I like that it really gets you thinking, and not just about blogging, but by being a fan outside the blogosphere too - it's a challenge, like you said. xD

      Delete
  10. I'd love to, but I can't hardly follow three blogs, let alone keep up with my own. XD Maybe that will be my goal. I'll keep up with the blogs I already follow and actually post something in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan! What I love about this is that it doesn't have to be a big thing; you can adjust it according to what you want and can do.

      Delete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.