Meet A Blogger - Elle

1:11 PM




So, recently I got to interview the lovely Elle @ frizzyroselle.blogspot.com!


And yes, this is totally going up on a Monday, because I can. Questions are in bold, Elle's answers are in regular text, and my own occasional commentary (I really can't shut up) is in italics. Do enjoy!




Interview With Elle 



Hullo, it's really great to be able to interview you! Why don't you introduce yourself: 

Hi! I’m Elle, I’m 16 and I’m a writer, blogger and student. I’m a huge nerd and hope to be a scientific researcher and YA author.

1. First off, a very important question: What's your favorite book? Why?
This is such a cruel question! I used to always say Harry Potter just for the sentimental value, but now I’d say Only Ever Yours by Louise O’ Neill (which I’ve reviewed on my other blog, here). On sheer ambitiousness, the fanfiction Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality also deserves a mention.

(I do feel bad for asking this question since I don't think I could answer it myself, but whatever.) 

2. How long have you been blogging? What's your favorite part about blogging?
I started my book review blog in June 2012 with some posts about Skulduggery Pleasant, so two and a half years ago. I’m still running that, though I update slowly because it’s so hard to find time to read. I started this blog (frizzyroselle) in late August 2014 but started posting every day in December and have stuck to the schedule pretty well since then.

I love expressing myself and I find that blogging really helps to clear my mind and get things out of my head. I’ve always thought best through writing, and the additional benefit of blogging is that there might be someone out there listening who understands you.

(YES. That's my favorite part about blogging, too.) 

 3. I've looked at your book blog some - what's your favorite genre to read and review?
I have to be really unoriginal and say YA dystopia – a lot of bloggers seem to have come down with Dystopia fatigue, but I still love really good ones with a unique twist. In a broader sense, sci-fi. I just love the world-building.

(Once again, I agree! I'd like to see more YA sci-fi, by the way. Do you know any good ones? Leave a comment below.) 

4. Are you in any fandoms? This applies to books/movies/tv shows/anything. List them!
I’m in the Harry Potter fandom and I think I’m close to being in the Doctor Who fandom just by seeing so many gifs of it on Tumblr. Another fandom I’m definitely into is Skulduggery Pleasant. I’d say I was once in the Artemis Fowl fandom though I don’t really think about it anymore, plus Ender’s Game (though I haven’t really found a community for that. So Ender fans, hit me up!)

(ARTEMIS FOWL. I haven't talked about that yet, which is basically a sin.) 

5. This is also an important question - are you a fan of chocolate?
I am! I actually used to just eat Nutella on its own when I was younger but I’m not quite so bad anymore. I was given some Lindor for Valentine’s Day and it was amazing, but I also love really cheap chocolate – you might not know them, but you can get these small caramel bars called Chomps for 30c here (in Ireland) and they are divine.

(*drools*) 
5. What is the secret to the universe? (This is very important.) 
I’m tempted to say 42 (please get the joke) but … gravity. Gravity is the secret to the universe. If I were to get more philosophical, I’d say the purpose of the universe is to discover the universe. The universe wants to understand itself, and that’s why humans are here (except not quite that … personalised. The universe itself isn’t sentient, just some of its inhabitants).

(I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCE.) 

7. Let's talk music. What song is stuck in your head right now?
It’s actually a Key of Awesome parody of Justin Bieber. I really don’t know where that came from. Usually, to get a song out of my head, I mentally (or for real!) sing an even catchier one (I tend to use “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head” by Kylie Minogue because c’mon, it suits).

8. You get to pick one superpower because Reasons. What do you pick, and what would you do with it? Use your powers for evil or for good?
When I was younger, I always would have chosen to fly, but then I realised that I’d probably treat it as exercise and not do it. So I’d like the power to escape time for a while – just take a break and get stuff done and then come back with no time having elapsed. Imagine the productivity boost! It would make me so much less stressed, but I guess it would also be unfair to other people. So both good and evil (or just selfish, really, but aren’t all powers?).

(I would've just chosen to be able to summon infinite chocolate, but this is cool too.) 

9. Three random facts about yourself. Go. 
  • I’m very ditzy and lose things all the time. Just yesterday I found my iPod which had been missing for months, so now I can use my Kindle app for reviewing e-ARCs again (yay!).
  • I’m apparently very small for my age, but I don’t mind because people find it cute.
  • I worked in a nanotechnology lab for 8 months recently (one day a week). (*is jealous*)

10. And finally, where can we find you on the internet? (facebook page, Twitter account, Pinterest, etc; you can put the links in the email and I'll get them all attached for you.) 

I’m on Twitter at @frizzyroselle, Tumblr at smallbutverydangerous.tumblr.com, my two blogs (of course) are atfrizzyroselle.blogspot.com and darquessedreams.blogspot.com (book blog) and you can contact me through my blog as well.


And there you have it! Elle is pretty awesome if I do say so myself, so show her some love in the comments below! And be sure to follow her on all the places she's linked to, because it's all pretty cool. 

What about you? What superpower would YOU choose? I'm wildly curious. 

16 comments

  1. This is amazing, thank you. The "Meet the Blogger" icon at the top is GORGEOUS, I'm actually in awe. I'm so glad you get that reference, phew. And thanks for all the flattery ;)

    Also, probably a weird question, but what font are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks so much! I'm glad you liked it; it was a pleasure to interview you. :)

      If you're referring to the general font of my blog posts, it's 'IM Fell Great Primer' in blogger settings, apparently. :)

      Delete
  2. Shapeshifting. Then you could change yourself to have any power you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool idea!

    I would chose to have an endless supply of books. Because I'm nerdy like that xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping to do it maybe once a month, so I'll get to interview a bunch of you. *is excited*

      Ooh, that's a good one too. I wouldn't mind that. xD

      Delete
  4. Oooh, this is awesome! I really enjoyed getting to see Elle—I'll definitely have to check out her blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should! I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Heather! I'll do the same, of course :)

      Delete
  5. SKULDUGGERY FAN! *waves wildly* Although I've only just finished book 4 so I guess I'm a baby fan. But so many books! I'm trying to catch up! I also love Ender's Game but I never read anymore, but Ender, little Ender. Such an incredible book and the movie is beautiful. Nice to meet you, Elle!

    (I want to be immortal so I can read all the books. xD WAIT. Is that a superpower? KINDA? Hopefully....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read those...I keep hearing about them, and it doesn't look like my sort of thing, but I feel like I should at least try it. xD BUT ENDER'S GAME IS LOVELY. Oh, Ender.

      (I'm pretty sure it is. I approve of this choice.)

      Delete
    2. Yes! Skulduggery! Oh my, you have five more books to go and they're doorstoppers, better hurry ;) It really is incredible, I can't even.

      Um. Okay, I've never heard that as a reason for wanting immortality. Seems like, uh, overshooting it.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like we have quite a bit in common, Elle. I don't want to be a scientific researcher, but I do want to have a full job in the scientific field and be a part time novelist at the same time. I am also really really really short for my age. And yay for sci-fi. I'm revising a sci-fi novel right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, sciency people! I'm not cut out for it myself but I think it's super cool. xD

      Delete
    2. Hi, Ana! Oh wow, that's awesome I should really be revising my own sci-fi novel right now but busy ... Anyway, I shall certainly check out your blog :)

      Delete
  7. Business meetings play a critical role in terms of greasing the wheels of commerce, so it's essential that you recognize just how important they are. You may be tempted to see them as a bit of a chore, but with the best conference room you can make the right impression.

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.