Beautiful People: Brothers (Sort of.)

10:10 AM


Hey! Ravens and Writing Desks made me their Featured Writing Blog of the Month. *throws confetti* I wrote a guest post over there, so do run and check it out. 



Normally this would've gone up on Wednesday, but I'm drowning in Camp NaNo and thusly missed that and my Thursday post. Sorry about that. But today we're returning to Beautiful People and today you're going to get to hear from two of my Camp NaNo charries! So thank you, Cait and Sky, for hosting this lovely linkup!

This is my new favorite gif. 
My Camp NaNo project is titled Crimson Gods and it's fantasy (which I've never done before!) featuring people becoming villains and gladiators and lots of pretty clothes and angst and swords and blood, huzzah. You can see the summary in my 'Stuff I Write' tab up above, so do go click on that if you'd like. *nods*

Unfortunately, I don't have any siblings in Crimson Gods that really appear together in the story. But never fear! I'm a notorious bender of the rules, and I happen to have a pair of friends who are about as close as brothers, so we're going to go with that. 

These lovely people are Tashik (I like to call him Tash) and Idris.



Tash is my baby. He's loud and hyper and likes bright colors and gold rings and nice clothes and he's also a slightly murderous gladiator but we will ignore that part for now. He's very outgoing and likes being around lots of people, because he's so broken and oh he makes me sad. *cuddles him* Anyway, he keeps Idris from being mopey and sad.



Idris is more quiet and reserved. He's also a slightly murderous gladiator, but considers himself a scholar too and dabbles in poetry a lot. He's surprisingly funny when you get him talking, and also very broken (aren't they all?) and in need of a hug. He kind of keeps Tash from doing stupid stuff. 


1. What is the first memory they have of each other?

They first met when they were 14/15-ish, when they both ended up in the same place to train to be the hardcore gladiators they are now. Tash remembers the quiet boy who ended up sitting beside him and corrected him when he said stupid stuff. Idris remembers the wide-eyed boy who turned out to be really loud later, the one he actually made the mistake of talking to. They bonded over their love of witty comments. 

Basically how this went down.
2. Describe their relationship in 3 words.

Always laughing together.

3. What kind of things do they like to do together?

Tash is fond of singing and dancing and playing instruments and being with people and laughing. Idris is more fond of staying indoors and reading or writing poetry or just thinking about things. But they do enjoy getting together and trading off songs and poems for each other, showing off of course. They also spar a lot to get ready for matches, which is fun as long as they're not thinking about what it's for.

4. What was their biggest fight?

Idris thought Tash was being an idiot always throwing parties and such to distract himself. Tash thought Idris was an idiot for not wanting to have fun, and feeling kind of hurt because that's his way of coping with having to be a slightly murderous gladiator. Feelings were hurt. Misunderstandings happened. There was shouting and door-slamming and they didn't talk for a whole week, after which Tash returned and apologized and all was well again. 

5. How far would they go to save each other?

*tears as I pretend I don't answer this in the book* 

Oh, they'd definitely die for each other. It's not even a question. Idris doesn't feel that he has much to live for (you hear that? That's me sobbing in the distance) so he'd do whatever he had to do, no hesitations. Tash is often a selfish person more thoughtful sometimes so he'd be conflicted if it was something like dying, but they'd both do it in the end. 


6. What are their pet peeves about each other?

Tash thinks Idris spends too much time moping by himself, and doesn't like how he's always correcting people and feeling the need to be the smart one just because he can read or whatever. 

Idris thinks Tash is far too loud and goes through girlfriends too quickly. 

They both agree that the other is a terrible pretentious jerk sometimes, but hey, that's a sibling thing.

7. What are their favorite things about each other?

Idris likes how energetic Tash is, how he's always willing to talk, how he helps random people on the street if he sees that they need it. But his favorite thing about Tash is probably his willingness to share delicious food. This is important. All siblings/best friends should be willing to share food. 

Tash likes Idris for being smart and not listening to other people and being willing to listen to things and put up with him. His favorite thing is probably when Idris writes poems about him, even though they're not usually flattering, because Tash is a vain peacock that likes having things written about him (and I do love him so). 

They both love each other's weird and slightly morbid sense of humor. 


8. What traits do they share? Mannerisms, clothing, quirks, looks, etc?

As I said before, they both have a pretty weird sense of humor based mostly upon insulting each other and subtly insulting other people via sarcasm. They both use a lot of hand gestures when they talk, which is something Idris picked up from Tash. They basically have their own language made up of sass and hand gestures and facial expressions and inside jokes. It's glorious and confuses everyone else in the story. 

9. Who has the strongest personality?

Tash is definitely the wild, loud one. He does most of the talking which works wonderfully for the both of them.

10. How does their relationship change throughout your story?

Don't mind me, I'm just over here sobbing tears of pain and guilt. 

Ahem. 

They do grow closer, but THINGS HAPPEN. BAD THINGS. There are arguments and such and it's generally unpleasant. *sad sigh* 


Well, there you have it. What about you? Have you done Beautiful People this month? Paste your link below. 


20 comments

  1. First of all, let me wish you the best of luck in Camp NaNo! Stay awesome and keep typing!

    And oh my goodness, 10 sounds so foreboding. I fear for your characters, and your sanity by the end of April. And I love what you did with 2, since most other people gave 3 adjectives, but your phrase -- aarrrrgh. Right in the feels indeed. Also, fabulous names! It only grieves me to see that such amazing characters must face the tribulations of the author ... as all amazing characters do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's coming along nicely so far.

      Mwhahaha. YOU SHOULD BE DEEPLY AFRAID. This whole thing made me really sad to type up in light of the things I'm planning. *sighs*

      Delete
  2. I must say, first of all, good luck with Camp NaNo! This is actually my first year participating it in, and it's... exhausting. Next, I must say, that your book Crimson Gods sounds absolutely amazing. I want to read it.

    And I don't know all that much about these characters, but I already love them. They sound fantastic and wonderful and I really want to know more about them! Tash in particular sounds like a really interesting character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? For whatever reason it's somewhat harder than Camp NaNo, but we can do it. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER. *hands chocolate* And thank you! I'm really enjoying writing it.

      Awww, I love them too. <3 Tash is my favorite. He's just so...fabulous.

      Delete
  3. "Keeps Tash from doing stupid stuff" :)

    I love them so much! I can't tell which is my favorite though... I would probably relate most to Idris. He's cool. But Tash (I really like that nickname) sounds fun and vastly different from myself that he would be very interesting. If you said they were brothers, I would've believed. They could pull it off. ;)

    The gifs for 3 and 7! XD Especially 7, I love that one. I like how they share morbid humor. I think slightly morbid humor is something you have to have a taste for or else everybody else is just standing in disbelief at what you just said. I know because... Maybe I've been in those situations before.

    By the way, I liked you're first draft post. I loathe first drafts. But I write them so I can edit later, otherwise I have nothing to edit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough I relate more to Tash, but I do love Tash in all his quiet glory. xD And they totally act like actual brothers. It's just lovely.

      Delete
  4. I love them! :D They're also quite cute, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tash. He's like an older, seemingly-more-stable version of my Nitri. *cuddles Nitri* And Idris sounds extremely interesting. I love the contrast of gladiator/poet. xD Sort of like Twilight from Guardians of Ga'Hoole, if you've ever read that series.
    Good luck with Camp NaNoWriMo - I'm doing it too and revising and it is dragging. :P I hope things are hopping a long a little more smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *steals Nitri from you so you can't hurt him anymore*

      Yes, Idris is an interesting character to deal with. xD And I loveeee Guardians of Ga'Hoole. Haven't read it in a while, but those were some of my favorites a few years ago. *nods*

      Delete
    2. *steals Nitri back and locks him in super-duper safe*
      Yes, it was one if my favorites too! Too bad the movie wasn't very good. :P

      Delete
    3. *sad sigh*
      Oh, yes. That movie made me angry. xD

      Delete
    4. I mean, Nyra didn't come in until later! And Klud wasn't supposed to show up until later either! It destroyed the entire sequence of the series! *angry sigh* And I was mad that they painted Twilight as being insane. >:(

      Delete
  6. OKAY. THEY ARE ADORABLE. But, seriously, I'm worried. I'M VERY WORRIED FOR THEIR LIVES. Those cute faces...seriously, Aimee, be niiiiice. I know it's hard but DON'T HURT THEM TOO MUCH.
    Bah. Ha. Nah. Go ahead. Be a malicious author. One day when I'm buying your books from a store to read, I'm gonna know to be cautious. *nods*
    Also: I LOVE THIS POST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THEY ARE THEY ARE MY BABIES AND IT MAKES ME FEEL TERRIBLE. *cuddles them and laughs maniacally*

      Delete
  7. Aw they sound and look so cute! I love bros lol. XD

    Stori Tori's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course. It's my favorite type of relationship to write. xD

      Delete
  8. "But his favorite thing about Tash is probably his willingness to share delicious food." That may be one of the best qualities a sibling can have. Honestly.

    Loved this post. Also, the gifs are perfect :D You're characters are so intriguing!

    ~Emily
    http://emsalpinepath.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Food is definitely a priority. *nods*

      Thanks!

      Delete
  9. 'They both agree the other is a terrible pretentious jerk sometimes.' Ha ha love them. Spot on with the gifs.

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.