#BeingAWriterIsLike

7:00 AM




A thing happened last week that was pretty amazing.

Over on the Go Teen Writers facebook page (which is actually the best thing I've ever done with my writing-related life, and has been a huge inspiration and help) a few of us - led by Scotty Martin - made the decision to start a Twitter hashtag.

Yes, it absolutely was. 

But we did it! #BeingAWriterIsLike was born, and we quickly had lots of other people joining in on the fun. (I linked to the hashtag so you can waste hours of your life scrolling through it.) There are now thousands of tweets talking about what exactly being a writer is like - relatable, sad, and funny.

I'm always reminded of how absolutely incredible the writing community is, especially the teen writer community, and this reinforced it a billion times over. We can do some pretty cool stuff when we all get together and focus on something, and it's the best fun. Seriously. So this is me extending a huge thanks to all of the awesome writer people I happen to know, especially the people who spent many hours when we should have been writing valuable time on the hashtag. Seriously. 


Now, for today I was planning a post about relatable writer things, but this happened, and heck, it explains it all for me. So I've rounded up the very best #BeingAWriterIsLike tweets, for your enjoyment.

Oh, yeah, and go follow all these people. They're pretty cool.












The conclusion?

 


33 comments

  1. I saw this everywhere the past couple days and was really confused. This is so great! And I love "I will not apologize for art". So great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can imagine it confused lots of people. xD

      Delete
  2. I saw few of these tweets on tweeter had no idea what it was though xD
    Some of these are pretty funny :P
    Like that cat one of yours xD

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessss. This was fantastic. Thank you for being such a crazy and awesome writing buddy. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! You're an excellent writing buddy too. :D

      Delete
  4. Haha Wooh! I'm now famous cause my tweet is on your blog! YAY!!! XD

    Haha. Lily's pacing one made me laugh so hard XD Best hashtag in existence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :D Hahaha

      Right? It's so great. All of it. xD

      Delete
    2. Wooh! I'm so famous now! *happy dance*

      It is absolutely fantastic!

      Delete
  5. These are awesome! All so true. :)
    Also, I approve of your gifs. Great shows. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best! I had SO much fun talking (and screaming incoherently) with you and everybody else! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hey, I saw this on Twitter (and even participated a bit, too)! It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, those were all brilliant.

    Now you made me want to get a twitter... *shakes finger* Look what you've done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THESE. I particularly love your use of that gif. *nods emphatically* That is EXACTLY what being a writer is like. Now I want to go scroll through that hashtag, so yay and thanks..procrastination here I come... ;-)
    SHH SHH I DID NOT JUST ADMIT THAT.
    *pretends to work busily*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO DO ALLL THE PROCRASTINATION. I won't tell anyone.

      Probably.

      Delete
  10. Scotty Martin's and your second one are my favorites. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Scotty had some of the best. xD

      Delete
    2. I shall go scroll through it. I am never on twitter but I have an account, for some odd reason.

      Delete
  11. These are great! Being a writer is defiantly the best and worst simultaneously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss. And I think a lot of the tweets captured that so well, which is great.

      Delete
  12. I loved stalking this hashtag even though I don't actually have a Twitter account. I can especially identify with writing being the best and worst thing I've ever tried to do. I am very mood swingy when it comes to writing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this tag, it was awesome. I was glad I got to participate, and these are definitely some of the best highlights. Go team! (And make more tweets, folks, because they were funny.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? The hashtag is STILL going and it makes me very happy. xD

      Delete
  14. This was such a good tag. XD It was really fun to participate in. I had to hold myself back lol. XD

    Stori Tori's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have a ton that I wanted to use but didn't because I already tweeted so many!

      Delete
  15. Lol, yes this was the best time ever!!! I especially like the breaking hearts for a living tweet, and the one you did about psychotic cats. I've definitely got a couple of those. :p


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah. There are a TON of good ones. :P

      Delete
  16. I saw this hashtag! I didn't quite jump on the bandwagon, but the tweets were SOOOOO relatable. I hadn't realised it was your creation, though -- congratulations on making a fantastic hashtag!

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.