March Wrap-Up9:52 AM
Note: Yes, it is April Fool's. Unfortunately I completely forgot about this until now, and therefore you lucky people can enjoy a post free from all trickery I might have otherwise planned. Consider yourselves lucky.
Lots of stuff happened this month.
It was rough for me several times this month, and I got a little bit drowned in things, so my posting schedule was spotty and so on. I do apologize for this, so let's hope I can get back to the program for April. (Well, as much as I usually stick to the program. Which admittedly isn't all that much.)
Moving on to the actually productive stuff that happened:
- I wrote a response letter to introverts, in reply to Opal's lovely post, and the conversation there was unexpectedly positive.
- Katie guest posted!
- I talked about why you and your story are pretty dang awesome.
- The Pariah MCs return for the Beautiful People linkup!
- I talked about first lines and why they're important.
Basically, it was an awesome month on the blog, and as usual you people were all positive and supportive and commented lots and it generally went well.
|Do ignore the context.|
- I finished the first draft of my Norwegian dystopia thingy that I am very pleased with. Interrogations and shipping and Swedish-via-Google-Translate happened.
- Erm...plotting stuff happened with Pariah? I'm trying to work out some rough patches and editing is slowly destroying my soul.
- On a happier note with that....the first 150 words of Pariah won third place in Kingdom Pen's Begin Your Novel Contest. I am very proud of my baby. *tears*
- A Year of Short Stories is continuing on well.
- CAMP NANOWRIMO, OH YAS. I'm writing a fantasy titled Crimson Gods this month, and going for 75k because I'm a crazy person who likes to give myself way more than I can handle. (You can find out more about this NaNo project of mine in the 'stuff I write' tab. So yeah.)
I read 20 books this month.
I may have a slight problem.
(Yes, I did indeed up my book goal from 100 to 150, because it's going so well.)
Favorite Book: Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson (alll the feelingggssss) or Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker (Beautifully, subtly Southern and warm fuzzy and adorable and intense all at once.)
Least Favorite Book: The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton (Yes, I know, don't judge me. I was bored by it.)
- I discussed my fictional best friends.
- I stole Cait's Cake Book Tag and talked about delicious books.
- I reviewed Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff, which was delightfully Japanese and steampunky and awesome.
For my own bookshelf, I acquired Bruiser by Neal Shusterman (one of my favorite books ever) and Unhinged by A.G. Howard (because the cover is lovely and I need moreeee Jeb.)
P.S. - I'm on Goodreads!
Stuff came up and I pretty much dropped the ball with Fan Month, but I did work on it, and here is my (brief) wrap-up for that:
I followed some new blogs! They are as follows:
- Briana Mae Morgan
- Curious Ramblings
- Further Up and Further In
- Lily's Notes in the Margins
- My Lady Bibliophile
- Of Starry Knights and Lullabies
- Random Rants by Rcubed
- Ravens and Writing Desks
And I think several others, but I couldn't find them. *waves at new people I'm following*
For a complete list of blog posts I visited, look here, on my Pinterest board.
Some April plans:
- A post about Camp NaNo, of course. (And a Beautiful People about one of those characters.)
- A review of All the Bright Places (aren't you dying to know what I thought of it?)
- A discussion about what makes a good story
And so on. I haven't done much planning, honestly, because I've been busy.
|This is pretty much my favorite gif ever. Just saying.|