The Never-Ending TBR

8:27 AM



I have a lot of books on my TBR list right now.  

Like, a lot. 

I have fourteen books lined up ready to read right now, but that's only because I can't get more until I actually return some. *nervous laughter* 

You see this? This is how I feel right now. 

And I add more to the list every day! Between reccomendations and pretty covers at the library and all those new releases and books I've always wanted to read, I'm kind of drowning. I don't mind, because books, but it can get overwhelming at times. 

There are, however, some books that take priority in my TBR list, the ones that are usually on my mind, and those are the ones I'm going to talk about now. The books I've been wanting to read for so badly and thusly must get to soon. (I guess I'm doing this in hopes that I'll actually feel pressured to get to them now. *laughs nervously*) 

Also, I have linked to all their appropriate Goodreads pages. You're welcome.

Books I'll Read One Day (Hopefully. Probably.) 

1. How to Lead A Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller 

Goodreads 
I need this book because (1. Cait @ Paper Fury told me to read it and (2. CRIME. It's in the title and everything. I need more of these conning books because let's face it, Ocean's Eleven is one of my favorite movies and I'm just fond of that cleverness. I actually have this one on my shelf to read as we speak, and I am very excited. *flails*

2. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta 

Goodreads

My librarian told me to check this out, so of course I had to. AND I AM INTRIGUED. Very intrigued. I'm trying to get back into more fantasy books, so hopefully this will do the trick.

3. I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak 

Goodreads 

Okay, I am a bit iffy on this one. I didn't like The Book Thief much at all (yes, I know) and I'm not a fan of Zusak's writing, but this looks interesting and I want to give him another chance. 

4. Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman 

Goodreads 

I will forever and ever pretty much love everything Neal Shusterman writes. 

This book looks incredible anyway. 

I have already preordered it. 



5. An Ember In the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir 

Goodreads

I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I NEED THIS. 

6. The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson 

Goodreads

Brandon Sanderson is basically my new favorite author and I must read all the things he's ever written now. So there. 

7. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein 

Goodreads

I'm not one for books like this, really, but I keep hearing about it and it's been recommended several times, so what the heck. Maybe I do need it. 

8. Grit of Berth and Stone by Lisa Dunn 

Goodreads 

I just bought this! This one is special because the author happens to be a good family friend - and I'm very, very excited about it.


9. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard 

Goodreads


Sure, so it looks like a Hunger Games/Red Rising mashup to me, but THAT COVER. I've heard mixed reviews but I'm still excited to get my hands on this one. 


10. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams 

Goodreads 

Yes, believe it or not I have not read this yet. But clearly I need to. Like, what even is this? It's just gibberish from what I've seen, but clever gibberish, and I'm all for that. *grabby hands* 

So, there you have it. There are others, of course, but that's the main idea of it. 

Me at the library EVERY. Time. 

What about you? What books are on your pressing TBR list, that you'd like to get to first? Have you read any of the books on this? If so, what did you think of them? Do you have any more to recommend? (I loveeeee book recommendations.) Comment away. 

23 comments

  1. I have an equally long virtual TBR! (Although to comfort myself, I normally only really count the actual books I own, rather than the Goodrads list.) I'm astonished at how many books we share on the TBR: I Am The Messenger, Ember in the Ashes, Code Name Verity, Red Queen ... and perfect use of Tony Stark gif. PERFECT, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get better about buying books I want to read...I'm super poor, though, and kind of paranoid about purchasing things I don't already own. xD
      And of course we share a bunch of books - Great minds think alike. ;)

      Delete
  2. ERGGG too many books, SO little time. Spring is a super busy time of year for my family with animals and all, so it's so hard to find time to read! My book waiting list is SO long right now. *collapses in a pile of unread books*
    Mae :)
    superswakified.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? I'm just waiting for summer to come, with all that (mostly) free time...*sighs and collapses too*

      Delete
  3. How to Lead a Life of Crime! Yes, I've been wanting to read this one badly too. I have no clue what Red Queen is about but every time I see the cover I'm like, "Wow, why can't all book covers be like this?" (The title makes me think of Alice in Wonderland. . . but apparently it's totally unrelated?)

    I did read Finnikin of the Rock (Cait told me to). It really is amazing. The world building. The PLOT! It's so fantasy. . . I love fantasy. You should definitely read that one. ;)

    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galxay! I have no idea what it is. I've never even laid eyes on the book until today. But the first time I heard someone mention it, I knew I must have this book. Just the title. It's a book to be read.

    I also need, need to read Four. It's actually sitting on my bedroom floor with a stack of other TBR books. I might be scared that I'll be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I think I'll probably review it, sooo...and I'm the same with Red Queen. SO MUCH COVER LOVE.
      Oh, I'm so excited! My librarian told me I'd love it, so, you know, I just have to give it a go. I can't wait. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Red Rising yet, but I did read Red Queen. I liked it a lot! I thought it only bore a passing similarity to The Hunger Games, but I might be in the minority there. Overall, it was a pretty great book.
    And every time I read something about Finnikin of the Rock I make a mental note to push it up my TBR list, but I have yet to actually read it. Perhaps April will be the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, cool! I was a little unsure about it, but lots of people seem to love it so I might as well try it, right?

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to read Red Queen! And I wish I had a to be read pile of only 195. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I only just got a Goodreads account a few months ago, or it would probably be longer. xD

      Delete
  6. I Am the Messenger, How to Lead A Life of Crime and Red Queen are on my TBR as well. Code Name Verity was very, very good!
    I have library fines, oh the shame. I have had a hopeless last few visits to the Library, coming away with only one or two books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I haven't talked to anyone who didn't like Code Name Verity, so obviously there is some pressure. xD

      Delete
  7. Ahhh, Red Queen! It's such a good book. You need to read it soon! I'm looking forward to An Ember in the Ashes, too. And I've also heard a lot of great things about Code Name Verity.

    I know what you mean, though. My TBR just keeps growing and growing...

    Precious @ Clockwork Desires

    ReplyDelete
  8. How to Lead a Life of Crime may just be making its way onto my own TBR list.....it sounds great! ;-) Code Name Verity yes yes yes I LOVE that book and I really hope you like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Cait told me about it and I immediately decided that I MUST have it. Huzzah! I want to review Code Name Verity, just because it's such a well-liked and popular book.

      Delete
  9. I am dying to read something by Brandon Sanderson. I don't care what book it is, I just need to read his work now! Oh, and you must read Code Name Verity. It is beautiful and heartbreaking and funny all at the same time, and just thinking about it makes me ashamed of my on writing. :P Red Queen was pretty good. It starts out very slow and info-dumpy, but it gets better towards the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU NEED TO. Brandon Sanderson is actually a genius. *nods* I'd start with Steelheart, just because /superheroes/ and villains and sass. It is glorious. xD

      Delete
  10. My Dad and I read Hitchhiker out loud a few years ago, it was a pretty fun book. Unfortunately, I don't know any of the others, so if any one is a book you can't die without having read, be sure to let me know because who knows when I will die?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard it's hilarious, and the quotes I've seen have totally endeared me to i, so here's hoping. :)

      Delete
  11. I kinda stumbled across your blog this morning and I really like this post. As one who struggles with an ever growing reading list, I can understand your problem. I must read all of the books! :) Time is the real problem.

    Anyway, I added two of these books to my reading list. Thanks for enabling. :) Can't wait to see more of your posts!

    https://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read Hitchhiker's Guide last October and have been fangirling over it since. Not much of a plot but it's hilarious and has amazing characters. Unfortunately I didn't make it through the whole series because the fourth book started getting sketchy and wasn't it's earlier wonderful self... I just lost interest and quit on it. But I can't say enough about the first three books. They're pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whatever you do, don't get to my level of TBR. I currently have 60-70 ACTUAL PAPER BOOKS IN A TOWER waiting for me to read them. Then I have about a dozen or so on my iPad. The TBR will always shrink but it will never disappear - the hardship of being a reader.

    You'll love Hitchhiker's - it's funny and makes you think a bit at the same time. The Messenger is really good too - it's very different from The Book Thief, so maybe you'll like it?

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.