Why I Love Blogging (Yet Another List)

1:33 PM



Blogging is pretty darn awesome.

I started about eight months ago (feels like forever, really), never anticipating where I'd be now. It's been frustrating at times, but for the most part, I've felt extremely happy in the bloggy community as a whole. 'Cause's let's face it, there are some serious benefits.

*cue list*


1. Fantabulous people 

This is probably the biggest one for me, the extrovert. (If I can't talk to people in real life it might as well be via the web, right?) I love the blogging community and the teen blogger community in general. I love the support and the funnies and the gifs and the incredible amount of love that goes around with commenting on posts and such. You guys are pretty hilarious.



2. It's a great place to rant 

Book feels? I can write up a post about a book I loved and have a bunch of people feel the same way. I can fangirl over pretty much anything here and there's bound to be at least someone who understands. How often can you find that in real life? 

Writing feels apply here, too. I can rant all I want about my story stuff and you can't run away screaming most of you actually care about it. TOO. AWESOME. 

Also, it's socially acceptable to use gifs. So there's that. 



3. Finding cool new stuff 

I'm pretty sure I've added 200 books to my list of things I want to read since I started blogging, thanks to all you pretty sweet book bloggers. I've also found the Go Teen Writers community and several other fantabulous blogs/communities that I never would have discovered otherwise. 

NEW THINGS. NEW PEOPLE. 

4. New perspectives 

I'm a person with pretty strong opinions, but I love seeing new takes on things or perspectives I hadn't even considered before. It leads to some great discussions and really makes you think about things in a different light. Like Opal's post about her take on extroverts. Or Heather's recent post on Zeus and Hera and how she sees them differently now. Or Alyssa's post on why we need a Black Widow movie, which really just confirmed my deepest beliefs. 


And last but not least... 

5. A whole blog all about me!

I'm kidding. 

Sort of.




What about you? What's your favorite part of blogging? How long have you been blogging? Comment away.

(Also, I'm putting together a survey to start figuring out the cool stuff I'll do this summer, so keep an eye out for that.) 



23 comments

  1. XD Thanks for the shout-out! I have to agree with you—ranting, friending, and finding are all some of the best parts about blogging! :D I've only been blogging for a year and almost a half, but still, I'm glad I get to enjoy this experience with all the awesome folks out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm glad I've discovered your blog, too - it's been a huge encouragement and a lot of fun to read. xD

      Delete
  2. Love this, all the gifs.The lama was the best :)
    I agree with all of these, blogging is awesome. I actually had to go check, I have been blogging for four years. I wasn't really actively doing it until this year though. I barely posted or commented or followed anything. I was clueless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? New favorite gif, right there. :P
      Oh, wow! That still takes a lot of dedication, and it's super cool. :D

      Delete
  3. I agree with this post so much =) Making awesome friends, reading persuasive posts, and finding awesome blogs are just so great about blogging. I've been blogging for about two years, but as far as I know I've met so many awesome people and it's been great,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The people are definitely my favorite part. SO MANY FEW FRIENDSSS.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the mention :) I agree, the blogging community is wonderful, especially the teens. Everyone is friendly, and I love it when a conversation happens and you make new friends. I've been blogging for four years, but it took me a long time to settle into what I wanted.
    Your gifs, as usual, are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I still really love that post. :) It definitely takes time to figure out what you're doing with blogging, but once you do it's the best fun in the world. <3

      Delete
  5. This is great. Awesome use of gifs. ^_^ I've been thinking about starting a blog, but at the same time, I know I'd never keep up with it. Plus I'd have no idea what to name it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do itttttt! I had the same struggle but it's a ton of fun to jump right in.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, you just have this knack for using the perfect gifs at the perfect time.
    Err, I think I've been blogging for about six or seven months now? I like the blogging community too. And I like having a place to talk about my writing. But it is also a huge commitment, I think, and there are times (like now) when I really just want to put the blog on hiatus so I don't have to deal with yet another thing. :/ But another thing I like is the book recommendations. I just wish I had the time to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! It's a skill. xD
      Yesss. I'm not sorry about all those book recs, by the way. NO APOLOGIES OR REGRETS.

      Delete
    2. Oh I know you aren't. :D Just wait, over the summer, my book recommendations will skyrocket. . . actually, the majority of them you'll probably have read because I will have heard of them through you!

      Delete
  7. I agree with you 2000%. Have I mentioned you find the best gifs? That Sherlock attack hug though. XD The community is definitely all around awesome, no less due to you, of course. And THANK YOU SO MUCH for featuring my Black Widow post!

    Is that an alpaca in the last gif? I'm going to have to steal that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the Black Widow post was the very very best, so of course. :)

      Yes, I think it is. And it sums me up well.

      Delete
  8. The gif's used are so funny xD
    Cool list.I love blogging too. :)
    Have you checked out teenage Blogger Central blogger community?It is also cool :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. These points are all so true. 5 months ago I knew nothing about blogging, yet I jumped in with both feet. Today, I don't what life would be without it!!! It's fun. It's so, so fun and the blogging community is simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here - I just leaped right into it and hit the ground running, I guess. It's a struggle, but it's the best fun I've had and a great place for me to be.

      Delete
  10. Awesome list! I think I'd have agree with you. I love meeting different people and the ranting and different perspectives. It's always a ton of fun!
    And the gifs. Alwayses the gifs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list. ^ ^ I've been blogging for three years in July (I need to have an actual birthday blog celebration since I've never really had one. Poor deprived blog.) It's definitely taught me discipline and doing character interviews has really helped me learn more about my characters.

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss to the discipline thing. I have a hard time sticking with schedules, so it's weird for me to make myself do something on a regular basis every week, but for the most part I've stuck with it and I'm kinda proud of myself for that, haha.

      Delete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.