April Wrap-Up4:08 PM
April flew right by, didn't it?
But here's some stuff that happened:
- I wrote about breathing/chilling out/relaxing/whatever you want to call it, my own stress, and why said breathing is important. Things got personal.
- I got to see Cinderella (spoiler alert: I loved it) and blogged about why Cinderella is the perfect 'strong female protagonist'.
- I gave a very helpful writer's block pep talk, just in time for Camp Nano.
- Also, I talked about why I love love love blogging.
So, it went well! Camp NaNo (we'll get to that in a minute) meant that the schedule was a bit spotty, but it was cool for the most part.
Camp NaNo is a thing that happened this month.
And it was awesome. On Tuesday I talked about how it stole my sanity and offered you some quotes from the novel I tackled, so I won't go too much into that, but suffice it to say I finally jumped into the big wide world of fantasy and I'm exhausted. So much respect to all of you who write fantasy most of the time! It was a lot of fun, but way more effort than I even anticipated. I actually wrote 75k this month and finished the novel, so that's a bit of a big deal.
|And this has basically been me all month.|
Anyway, I'm taking today off but this weekend I return to Pariah, where I shall begin the first draft all over again. Stuff is going down there too, as I prepared to find betas after this draft. *collapses of tiredness*
I was supposed to turn it back a bit to focus on Camp NaNo this month.
I consumed 35 books.
Send help. (Although, to be fair, some of these were graphic novels. BUT STILL.)
|And this is just some of them.|
Least Favorite Book: Snow Likes Ashes by Sara Raasch (I'll confess, I didn't even finish it).
- I blogged about my never ending TBR stack.
- I did some mini reviews!
- A review on how Challenger Deep is a vastly important book about mental illness, and also broke my heart.
For my own bookshelf I bought Artemis Fowl, The End Games, Railsea, and The Scorpio Races. All of which are lovely.
- Katie wrote 50k in two weeks, and blogged about how the heck she did the thing.
- Chloe talked about the signs of being obsessed with Marvel. I concur on every point.
- Schuyler shared some lovely, adorable snippets from her novel.
- Rachel talks about the filters we put on our worlds.
- According to Heather, editing is like dissecting a cat. Which is disgusting, but true.
In which I talk about random highlights of my life briefly.
I got my hair done. It's quite awesome.
SUMMER BREAK IS HAPPENING SOON. And thusly, you people will get more blog posts with some extra cool stuff over the summer. So there's that.
I guess that's it? Camp NaNo kind of consumed my life this month.
Also due to Camp I haven't planned a whole lot for this month, but:
- You'll probably get more Pariah stuff. Lucky you.
- On that note, I'm sending out the call for beta readers soon!
So clear your schedules for that.
- Sometime this month I'll put together a survey so I can start putting together a plan for the summer.
- What else would you like to see this month? Do comment.