May Wrap-Up

7:00 AM




Here we are, at the end of May. And I'm not gonna lie, it was exhausting. 


However! Lots of cool things happened. Let's check that out. 


Pariah took over my life this month, but I was still very productive. So! 



*heavy breathing* 

This was a Pariah-focused month. I started the fifth draft -- five drafts of this troublemaker, guys -- and I'm almost finished with it here at the end of the month, so huzzah for me. I'm planning on finishing this draft, proofreading it, and then I will be sending out the call for beta readers! 

WHEN DID THIS BOOK GET SO SHINY
Have a quote (or two). 






I consumed 20 books this month. Which is not nearly as much as last month, but hey, that was insane and I was busier this month. Most of these were 'meh' books, too, unfortunately. 




Favorite Book: Endsinger by Jay Kristoff. I HAVE MANY FEELINGS, OKAY. 

Least Favorite Book: Sabriel by Garth Nix. I'll be honest, I didn't read much of it. It's just not for me. 


Go check out alllll the things. 



SUMMER IS COMING. 


I have many exciting things planned for you all, some of which you can see here, and I'm pretty dang thrilled about it. There will be more awesome things because I have more time, and yes, you will see more snippets of my writing. HUZZAH. 

Some of the stuff you can look forward to: 
  • More Myers-Briggs things (including a possible very special joint project) 
  • More posts in general (exciting, I know) 
  • More stuff about me (I'm not just words on a screen, I promise) 
  • A LINKUP. I AM HOSTING A BOOKISH LINKUP AND YOU MUST ALL PARTICIPATE. (you'll see that sometime next week.)
  • And moreeeee. 
Aren't you just so excited? 

How was your month? What was your favorite book you read in May? How do you feel about a bookish linkup? Comment away. 



23 comments

  1. I see you using two Robert Downey Jr gifs here. Thought we wouldn't notice, but we did.

    Okay, but I NEED TO READ PARIAH. It just sounds so fabulous, and watching it grow (at least in the later drafts) has been super exciting. All the best with the rest of your revisions :)

    Looking forward to the MBTI and bookish linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhhh. Don't reveal my secret! (and my love for RDJ gifs.)

      Thank you! It's getting shinier by the day and hopefully it's something people will want to read soon. xD

      Delete
  2. A bookish linkup sounds great!!! I would love to participate in it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huzzah! I'm putting it together as we speak. :D

      Delete
  3. Can I just say how much I loved the tenth Doctor gif? That's the best.

    THE QUOTES. AH. *flails* I NEED TO READ PARIAH OKAY. I'll beta-read. I'm pretty sure I've said that before but I will. I've got experience with beta-reading - I've done it for several friends - and I would very much love to do it for Pariah too. (*coughs* and it means I get to read it so that's a bonus *coughs*)

    I'm excited for these new posts! Especially the MBTI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 gifs are lovely. And fun to use.

      YASSSS. You're on my beta list and it's totally happening! I'm super excited about it. *throws confetti*

      Delete
    2. Using gifs is like an addiction.

      I'M SO EXCITED. ^_^

      Delete
  4. I so look forward to the awesome MBTI stuff coming up (because I enjoy reading that business, as you know). I'm sorry you didn't read as much awesome stuff this month, but there's always June. And, I look forward to reading le bookish linkup soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss. I was kind of stumped with MBTI stuff for a while, but I think I'm figuring it out more now and I've got some ideas. So yay for that!

      Delete
  5. A link-up? That sounds awesome! And I'm all for Myers-Briggs stuff. :) Anything involving MBTI always interests me.

    Those quotes are awesome by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're interested! I've got a bunch of super cool stuff I'm very interested in.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Wow, Aimee! Five drafts is a lot, and it's so great that you're making so much progress on Pariah. It's too bad most of the books you read this month were just "meh", but was Rose Under Fire at least not "meh"? Because I don't think we can be friends if you found it just "meh". :D (Well I'm obviously kidding.)

    I can't wait for the summer because then I can take a break from this horrible school schedule. I still have summer work, but I'll have more time to do it, so it's all good. I'm SO excited for all of the posts you have lined up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhhhh it IS a lot. I'm drowning in edits. xD
      Rose Under Fire was really good! It gave me alllllll the feelings.

      Summerrrrrr. I'm excited too, since I'll have time for the things I want to do!

      Delete
  7. I made it to the mention list! Huzzah! Seriously though, thanks. I'm also around to work on that Myers-Briggs thing, whenever you want to get started up on it again.
    Bookish linkup? I'll take anything involving books. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was a very good post, so no problem. :D
      Yes, we should definitely start up on that again.

      Delete
  8. I started Sabriel, but couldn't get into it. Put it down a quarter of the way through. Seraphina, though--I LOVED. As soon as I finished I put the sequel on hold at the library. But when I tried to pick it up they gave me Android App Development for Dummies. Whaaa?

    So I still haven't read the sequel. Anyway, what did you think of it? And how do you read so many books?? And write so much at the same time?? I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you felt the same way -- everyone seems to love Sabriel but I just...wasn't impressed. Seraphina was great! I was really into it.

      Haha, I'm not sure...I think schoolwork suffered. xD

      Delete
  9. Myers-Briggs! A bookish link up! I'm excited for your blog in June :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were totally awesome this past month, Aimee!

    Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way about diversity. :)

    ~Katie Nichols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your diversity post is probably one of my favorite posts of all time, honestly. :D

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you had a fun month! Lots of writing yay! I really liked your Age of Ultron post. ^ ^ That was such a good movie.

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.