A Very Strange Book Tag

7:00 AM

But my question is...how do you do the thing with the folded pages?
It looks difficult. 
Let's just jump right into this. Alexa @ Summer Snowflakes tagged me for the Courtship Book Tag and informed me that she very much wanted to see my answers! Now, if I'm being perfectly honest I'm slightly weirded out by this tag, but hey, I listen to the people. Therefore, I shall do the thing.


Let's jump right in. 

Initial Attraction: A book you bought because of the cover

21417381

Okay, I'm going to be honest and say I didn't buy this, technically, because my library was giving out free old ARCs -- but I picked it because of the cover, so there. I don't tend to buy books just because of the cover. I look a little deeper than that. Also, the title intrigued me.

*coughs aggressively* 
First Impressions: A book you got because of the summary


Here's the Goodreads summary for this book: 
On board the moletrain Medes, Sham Yes ap Soorap watches in awe as he witnesses his first moldywarpe hunt: the giant mole bursting from the earth, the harpoonists targeting their prey, the battle resulting in one’s death and the other’s glory. But no matter how spectacular it is, Sham can't shake the sense that there is more to life than traveling the endless rails of the railsea–even if his captain can think only of the hunt for the ivory-coloured mole she’s been chasing since it took her arm all those years ago. When they come across a wrecked train, at first it's a welcome distraction. But what Sham finds in the derelict—a series of pictures hinting at something, somewhere, that should be impossible—leads to considerably more than he'd bargained for. Soon he's hunted on all sides, by pirates, trainsfolk, monsters and salvage-scrabblers. And it might not be just Sham's life that's about to change. It could be the whole of the railsea.
Seriously, what more could you ask for? 

Sweet Talk: A book with great writing

It would be a crime not to mention this somewhere here, because Maggie Stiefvater's writing makes me want to bury myself in a hole and die. 


First Date: A first book of a series which made you want to pursue the rest of the series



Let's be honest. What sounds bad about a book featuring cyborg Cinderella? Nothing, that's what. Spoiler alert -- the rest of the series is just as amazing. 

Late Night Phone Calls: A book that kept you up all night long


This is one of many because I'm a night-owl, but it needs to be mentioned. Firstly, because NEAL SHUSTERMAN. (We're a fan of him on this blog.) Secondly, because it's an incredibly important book about mental illness. I read it all in one night because I couldn't put it down. Also, the writing is gorgeous. 

Always On My Mind: A book that you could not stop thinking about


So I'm really very into classics, and this is one of my favorites. It's disturbing. It's sickening. It's dystopia at its finest. So much love. 

Getting Physical: A book in which you love the way it feels

That's definitely The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson -- to illustrate the amazingness, I have taken a picture of my own.


Just look at that glorious texture! I'm a little in love with the way it feels. It also smells really nice.

Meeting the Parents: A book you would recommend to your friends and family


Because everyone needs some Artemis Fowl in their life. Need proof?

The genius and general awesomeness that is Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer.
The sass is incredible. 
Thinking about the future: A book or series you know you’ll re-read many times in the future


*screams quietly* This book doesn't come out until January, but it's the last installment of my favorite series of all time and I SWEAR I AM GOING TO LOSE IT OKAY. I'll either reread it to bask in the epic feels and get myself to believe that ending (whatever it is, at this point it's going to hurt) or I'll reread it in the hopes that he'll do something different this time around, surely. Either way it'll make me lose my sanity.

I am not going to tag people because I'm lame lazy in a hurry to finish this post at the moment, so if you want to have a go at it, please do. 


How do you feel about your relationship with books at the moment? Which book would you absolutely date if you could? How weird is that question? Comment away, and pick one or more of the questions up there to answer with a book of your own.

14 comments

  1. Neal Shusterman, Artemis Fowl, and Cinder are all at the top of the list, yes, yes yes. :) If I could date a book it would probably one that isn't coming out for two years and I feel very sad and lonesome and I WANT TO KNOW YOU CAN'T JUST STOP THE EIGHTH BOOK LIKE THAT but whatever. I'll just sit here and cry and wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I FEEL YOUR PAIN. *offers hugs and chocolate*

      Delete
  2. Lily Lindsey-AubreyJune 10, 2015 at 2:54 PM

    You're making me want to read Cinder more and more! *goes and puts it on hold* I think that if I could date a book, it would be Ice Station Zebra, because not only is it really exciting and well written, but the pages and cover just smell so nice! There is absolutely no way to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinder is INCREDIBLE and you should totally go read it. I tell everyone that, but it still stands. :P
      Ooh, I just googled that book and it looks really interesting! *adds to list*

      Delete
  3. I would agree about Cinder. After reading it, I had to read the rest of the series (even though I'm only on Scarlet, but it's amazing!).

    I would have to say one of the books I could stop thinking about after reading was The Giver by Louis Lowry. Everything about it. Just wow. I'm still in awe.

    I'm convinced I need to read this 1984. Someone told me something about it and now I'm hearing about it again. I know what's going to be included in my next stack of library books.

    (The Frozen gif- just perfect.)

    Also, I could read Sherlock Holmes stories all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to get to Cress -- that one was my favorite. :)

      I do love The Giver! I've read it several times. It's very smart. 1984 is one of my favorites, as disturbing as it is, and I do think more people should read it.

      Delete
  4. The writing in Raven Boys was asdfghjkl. I haven't read 1984, mainly because my dad doesn't really want me to. He thinks I should wait a few more years. I've head great things about it though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *flails because Maggie Stiefvater*
      Ah, yeah, it's a rough book. Important, but very rough. :)

      Delete
  5. "Meeting the parents"- pffff!!! What even is this tag?!?! it cracks me up just reading the categories >:D
    Challenger Deep is a good one, huh? I've heard a lot about it but still haven't jumped the bandwagon yet. Maybe it'll find its way into my backpack next library trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole tag made me laugh. I couldn't keep a straight face typing it up. xD It was kinda fun, though, and I'll always do book tags.
      Challenger Deep is kinda life-changing. You should definitely read it.

      Delete
  6. ARTEMIS FOWL! YES! I can't believe I forgot to mention him in my tag. Artemis is so awesome. His sass and intelligence are perfection.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artemis Fowl is one of my favorites EVER. I really don't mention him here enough. xD

      Delete
  7. Um... date a book?
    *coughs*
    How about the characters /in/ the book? I may or may not be guilty of wishing for such a chance. *blushes*
    Anyway, your post about all those amazing books has spurred me into trying to make some headway in my mound of books I rented from the library...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, that's much more accurate. xD
      Huzzah! Read ALLL the books.

      Delete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.