(A Late) June Wrap-Up4:00 PM
Just a note, darlings -- I am going to summer camp this upcoming week (aw yassssss), so I will not be posting/replying to comments/otherwise hanging around from the 6th to the 11th.
Also, I have an Instagram now. And I will follow you peeps if you follow me back. It's a win-win. It will mainly be books, of course.
Yes, this is a bit late, and I do apologize for that. But we're going to wrap up June, like always, and take a look at the stuff that went on. *cheers*
Here's what went down in June:
- I talked about the problems/cliches with 'strong female protagonists', bad boy love interests, and villains.
- I ranted about how Myers-Briggs can be an excuse to brag, and why you are not a special snowflake because of your type.
- I caught up on alllll the tags!
- I offered you the first chapter of Pariah. Which you should totally go read if you haven't already, pretty please?
- I also just talked about Pariah in general.
Essentially, it went pretty well.
|Because my Psych love will never die.|
I'd be lying if I said June was the best writing month ever. I didn't complete very many of my goals (read: I failed them all) and a lot of unfortunate stuff went down and my plot got screwed over all again. BUT! I learned. I plotted. So it wasn't a total waste.
HOWEVER! You will get to beta read Pariah eventually, those of you who keep asking. Probably in August, although I can't make any promises. So just hold tight for that! In the meantime I will keep you updated with that, and you can go read the first chapter here on Wattpad if you'd like.
Meanwhile, I leave you with a quote.
Writing consumed my life in June, but I consumed 22 books anyway. Including, but not limited to:
Favorite Book: Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy (I immediately purchased both the first and second book after reading it.)
Least Favorite Book: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (Yes, I know. Sue me.)
(Honorable mention for my favorite: I really enjoyed what I've read so far of the Uncanny X-Force comics. They're hilarious.
- I completed a very strange book tag.
- For my own personal bookshelf, I acquired Skulduggery Pleasant, Skulduggery Pleasant: Playing With Fire, the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu, The Ask and the Answer, Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl is the love of my life, guys), Les Miserables, and The Count of Monte Cristo. Because it was an awesome month for getting books.
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout has a new WIP. And it looks awesome.
- Opal @ Opal Swirls perfectly sums up reading an amazing book.
- Heather @ Sometimes I'm A Story discusses how to get through your TBR pile. (sort of.)
- Krissy @ Words In My Soul is doing short stories. And they are lovely.
- I'll be gone next week, sadly, so you'll all have to do without me.
I'm so sorry.
- More books, of course.
- Suggestions for writerly things I should talk about? I could really use some.
- A whole week of guest posts! Huzzah!
What was your favorite June read? Are you enjoying summer wherever you are? Comment away.