(A Late) June Wrap-Up

4:00 PM


Just a note, darlings -- I am going to summer camp this upcoming week (aw yassssss), so I will not be posting/replying to comments/otherwise hanging around from the 6th to the 11th. 

Also, I have an Instagram now. And I will follow you peeps if you follow me back. It's a win-win. It will mainly be books, of course.


Yes, this is a bit late, and I do apologize for that. But we're going to wrap up June, like always, and take a look at the stuff that went on. *cheers* 

So there.

Here's what went down in June:


Essentially, it went pretty well.

Because my Psych love will never die. 



*nervous laughter* 

I'd be lying if I said June was the best writing month ever. I didn't complete very many of my goals (read: I failed them all) and a lot of unfortunate stuff went down and my plot got screwed over all again. BUT! I learned. I plotted. So it wasn't a total waste. 

HOWEVER! You will get to beta read Pariah eventually, those of you who keep asking. Probably in August, although I can't make any promises. So just hold tight for that! In the meantime I will keep you updated with that, and you can go read the first chapter here on Wattpad if you'd like. 

Meanwhile, I leave you with a quote. 




Writing consumed my life in June, but I consumed 22 books anyway. Including, but not limited to: 


Favorite Book: Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy (I immediately purchased both the first and second book after reading it.) 

Least Favorite Book: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (Yes, I know. Sue me.)

(Honorable mention for my favorite: I really enjoyed what I've read so far of the Uncanny X-Force comics. They're hilarious. 
Also: 
  • I completed a very strange book tag
  • For my own personal bookshelf, I acquired Skulduggery Pleasant, Skulduggery Pleasant: Playing With Fire, the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu, The Ask and the Answer, Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl is the love of my life, guys), Les Miserables, and The Count of Monte Cristo. Because it was an awesome month for getting books. 


  • I'll be gone next week, sadly, so you'll all have to do without me. I'm so sorry.
  • More books, of course.
  • Suggestions for writerly things I should talk about? I could really use some. 
  • A whole week of guest posts! Huzzah! 
What was your favorite June read? Are you enjoying summer wherever you are? Comment away. 



25 comments

  1. THE QUOTE. I'm just kinda sitting here fangirling over that quote. That may sound weird but I am. I adore that. So much. Heh. Anyhow *awkwardly stops talking*.

    I will not sue you for not Throne of Glass. I read the first book. Barely forced my way through it. Dragged through the second. But I simply can't. I just... I really don't like the characters whatsoever. The plot. Or anything really. Ugh. // On another hand, the Legend Trilogy is one of my favorites. So much yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you! :D

      Thank you SO MUCH. I feel a little bit bad because sometimes it feels like everyone loves it, so it's always nice to hear from someone who feels the same way about it, especially regarding the characters. xD

      Delete
  2. Lol. Throne of Grass was definitely overhyped. I thought the first book was good, not great. Don't blame you for disliking it.

    And your quote! You have to stop doing that to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, enjoy summer camp! I'm still in school, myself. *weeps* ONE MORE WEEK. I aim to finish Camp NaNo before school lets off. (Speaking of which, THANK YOU for linking to my post! So glad you like this WIP.)

    "those of you who keep asking" *coughcough* I would apologise, but really I am not sorry because Pariah does sound fabulous. (Although if it's bugging you, please do let me know and I'll stop.)

    Looking forward to that week of guest posts! (Not to mean that you're not as awesome as your guest posters. Because you surely are. *nods*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Well, it's pretty awesome. xD)

      Hahaha, you shall get Pariah soon, I promise. And it doesn't bug me at all -- it's encouraging, actually!

      Delete
  4. Have fun at summer camp! I can't say I've read any of the books you did this month, but they all look interesting, even though I'm sure some were disappointing to you.

    I'm definitely looking forward to your week of guest posts, and I think July is bound to be a great month at the barricade. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there were many disappointing ones that month, but also a lot of really good ones, so there's that. And you should definitely read some of them this time. *nods*

      Delete
  5. Oh my god you read so many books this month - I read about three D: SO glad you like Skul P though, I've read all nine and they're *amazing* and hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to finish the series because they're honestly my new favorite thing and asdfghjkl. *fangirls*

      Delete
  6. I read Throne of Glass and liked it, but I didn't love it. In fact, I don't think I got more than thirty pages into book 2 before I got bored, put it down, and haven't felt the desire to pick it up since.
    Have fun at camp! Are you going to have the time to write the post for me? Because if you don't it's alright (sorry if I sound like I'm nagging you).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's a reason I haven't attempted book 2 yet. xD I'm not sure I even want to; I wasn't fond of the first one and it doesn't look like it gets any better. But oh well. *shrugs*

      Delete
  7. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about Pariah and your million bajillion drafts and your writing process, so that was my favorite post of the month! As for suggestions of writerly posts, it would be awesome to see a post about steampunk in general. But honestly, any writing posts you do are always brilliant, so I'd be happy with anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! It was fun to write up. xD I'm definitely planning a steampunk post, perhaps sometime in August.

      Delete
  8. Have fun at summer camp! And well done for 22 books! I think I made it through 8 xD

    Thanks for mentioning my post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It was a very good post. :)

      Delete
  9. I hope you have fun at summer camp! I'm a slow reader so I've only read two. XD I'm currently reading Failstate: Nemesis which is amazing.

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *looks up the thing*
      *late because I'm bad at answering comments this month*

      Delete
  10. Have an awesome time at camp!

    Also, I would love to read Pariah when it's ready. :) I'm not sure if I've asked yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just watching Psych literally omg love that show so much. "I've heard it both ways." Your gif choices are perfection.

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psych is basically my most favorite show of all the shows and I'll never get enough of it. THE HILARITY. IT KILLS ME.

      Delete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.