777 Challenge

12:38 PM



Alyssa tagged me for another thing, and hopefully you enjoy the thing, because it includes shoving more of my writing down your throats.

(For those of you who haven't seen this, the 777 Challenge means sharing lines 7-14 from page 7 of your current WIP.)

My current WIP is not Pariah.

I haven't used this gif in forever and I felt that it was needed. 
My current WIP is Little Hero, which is the sequel to Havard, which is a YA sci-fi book set in Norway and Sweden that I finished in February 2015. It is a book about Scandinavian accents and Captain-America-ish experiments that (spoiler alert) fail and soldier angst and guns and blood on snow and all that fun stuff. The sequel is much of the same, only there are more explosions and slightly more shipping when people aren't busy not-dying. Perhaps I'll rant more about this story another time, but for now I'll burden you with my horrific first-draft writing. Thank you, Alyssa, for forcing my hand here.

(I'm kidding. I actually like sharing writing.) 


The laugh that comes out of him isn't real, but it's something, and that's good enough for me. 

“You’re okay,” Havard says. When I glance up he’s as focused on me as he ever gets, mouth twisted into a frown I think I’m going to kiss right off in another moment just because he's not dead or worse and I don't think I need a better reason.  


“I’m fine,” I reply, only because that’s genuine worry on his face which is amazing in itself. I could either stand on my tiptoes or yank him down to my level. The second works just fine, so I grab his jacket and kiss him right there in front of the Swedish soldiers who mainly start laughing. Jeppe says something but any idiot can tell it’s halfhearted. 
And now I'm laughing, because I somehow found pretty the one and only happy spot in the whole book. Consider yourselves lucky. And because I can, have a collage I made for this particular story:



This is me tagging whoever wants to be tagged, because I'm too lazy to pick people right now. Oh well. Look out for the new blog design on Saturday, because I'm wildly nervous excited, too.

28 comments

  1. *falls in love with Harvard sequel* I'd totally love to beta read for you if you when you need beta readers. Your snippet doesn't even read life a first draft. (Also, I'm really looking forward to your new blog design. XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* Thank you! I'll need beta readers eventually so I'll definitely keep you in mind.

      Delete
  2. Ahh. *happy sighs* I love this story already. xD *really wants to read thissss*
    Anywho, I'm extremely excited about the design. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are on the list to read ittttt. xD *flails because new design*

      Delete
    2. Oh GOOD that makes me happy. xD

      Delete
  3. Wow. That collage is intense. REALLY intense. Also, I'm echoing Liz here. This snippet does not sound like a first draft at all. My first drafts are so, so rough and I can never seem to find good snippets, so I applaud you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collages are my most favorite to make and I'm rather proud of that one, yes. :P And thank you!

      Delete
  4. That was a really good snippet, and I love the collage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have way too much fun with collages.

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited for the new blog design! And that snippet was awesome. I would so love to beta read for you. Plus that collage. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! *flails excitedly because all the things*

      Delete
  6. Nice snippet! Your story sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Now I really really want to read this book! Captain America-ish? Up yes please! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Captain America-ish things are the best. This is a fact. *nod*

      Delete
  8. Cool bit. ^ ^ I did this challenge a while back. It was fun! Captain America-ish stuff is always intriguing. ;)

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, that's so cute! Although, I'm slightly confused who the speaker is in the passage. Too bad that the rest of the book is so sad for the rest of the time. :( I very much like the collage just as much, I think! More than anything, the "This is the tool, I am the weapon." THAT IS THE BEST OF EVER. Thanks for sharing your writing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu! It's a very confusing snippet I guess when you take it out of context because you know nothing about these people, but oh well. xD (The speaker is Saija; she is my hardcore Norwegian girl and she is awesome and I love her.)

      Delete
    2. The same girl that steals a military vehicle, apparently.

      Delete
  10. The snippet is the most adorable! *melts into puddle* *picks myself up before the rest of the book can send me to hell* The collage is too much despair, though. I lie, I lie. Your despair is never too much.

    PS: Ooh, the new design's coming together and it looks super great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's adorable and then I spend the rest of the book DESTROYING THEM, so yes, enjoy it for now. *chuckles evilly*

      Delete
  11. I LIKE THIS. I LIKE THE SNIPPET. I LIKE THE COLLAGE. I LIKE YOUR PITCH. hehe. I also like the new blog design (!!) and that gif. Moriarty is a gift to the universe because of his expressions. Let's not talk about his psychotic tendencies right now shuuush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU. *flails* I love your new blog design too! Moriarty is, indeed, a gift. *hugs him, but cautiously*

      Delete
  12. Nice writing! I want more! I love the collage you made, it's so epic, angsty and bloody. Basically, it's everything I love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! "epic, angsty, and bloody" is everything I like in a book.

      Delete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.