The Milk Tea Book Tag

11:53 AM




Alyssa tagged me for this thing of hers, which is pretty awesome (thank you, Alyssa!) and since I love both tea and books I am going to do the thing gladly. And actually tag people at the end of this one for once. 

Tea: the foundation of your reading life

Just in case you're wondering, The Prisoner's Dilemma is my favorite. 
Ah, yes, The Mysterious Benedict Society. These books made up a good portion of my childhood and I still enjoy them today, only slightly less because I'm more bitter and have a thing against wickedly talented prodigy children. But oh well. I've always been a reader, but these shoved me in the direction of slightly more feelsy things. Also, Milligan was my hero for a good year or so, which explains a lot about my childhood.


Milk: a rich, smooth book


I realize that everyone has been talking about The Wrath and the Dawn lately, but I must mentioned it because GAHHHH. I loved this book way more than I ever thought I would, and if there was ever a rich, smooth book setting, this was it. You could just taste the food. And the sand. And the angst. 

There are many of them.
Sugar: a book you love but is controversial


Okay, so maybe this isn't that controversial, but it is a banned book in some places and I know many people who didn't like it, so I guess it counts. The Great Gatsby is also one of my most favorite books ever, and I have the most lovely paperback copy of it on my bookshelf. It's atmospheric, the writing is stunning, and I just can't get enough of it. 

As a side note, the 2013 movie is also very good and not a lot
of people like it.
Ice: a book just for fun


Pretty much all of the Gallagher Girls books. Because girl spies and fluffiness and girl spies and a good helping of intensity and cute skirts, that's why. I do enjoy a light read now and then. 


Silk stocking: a book that's much better than it sounds


"Sooo...it's about this other planet...and a village full of men who can hear each other's thoughts...and there's a dog...and a boy...and a girl...and aliens. And lots of blood."


Yinyang: a book with foreign influence


Basically if you haven't read this book you need to do so immediately. 



Thanks again for the tag, Alyssa! And now... 

People I Tag To Do The Thing 

 Gemma // Tessa // Tansie // Annika // Katie

Go. Have fun. 

7 comments

  1. Ooh, Gallagher Girls is on my list of books-to-look-for-at-the-library. I'm reading Heist Society and quite enjoying it, and spies sound awesome, so hopefully I'll be able to find them. Also, the titles are too clever and fun-to-say to pass up. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I've only read The Great Gatsby, but I have fond memories of that book, because after studying it in Lit I got a greater understanding of the symbolism and sex and parallels and storyline. Also, Gatsby is like the Edward Cullen of the 20's, and I find that hilarious. Thanks for sharing your books, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a clever tag! Out of all of these books, I've only read the Mysterious Benedict Society (and only the first book) but several of the others are on my tbr list.

    Also, thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stormdancer is sitting in my TBR pile. I'm pretty excited about reading it.
    The Great Gatsby is also one of my favorite books (I still haven't seen the movie, but it's on my list). Witty, sharp, and such a clear picture of the times - there's a reason Gatsby is still being read!
    And you put fabulous Mulan and Supernatural gifs in this post, which made me happy, so *high five*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you love The Gallagher Girls! I pretty much grew up on them. And I love The Knife of Never Letting Go too (actually, I saw you mention it to someone on the Go Teen Writers site, and I decided to check it out because the title sounded interesting--so thank you for mentioning it). The Great Gatsby really is classy, and I haven't watched the 2013 movie yet, but I really should get on that.

    I haven't read either Stormdancer or The Wrath and the Dawn (though I almost bought TWatD a few weeks ago and instead chickened out and bought a book from an author I already knew I loved--maybe next time I'll get it). Also, I haven't read any of The Mysterious Benedict Society, but that looks very interesting so I think I'll check those out too.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, thanks for doing the tag! I actually haven't read Mysterious Benedict Society, but I might because I hear a lot about it? And Wrath and the Dawn IS very rich and smooth. And I still haven't read Stormdancer ARGH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tag! I just saw your post (sorry) but I'll try to do the thing soon. ;)

    The Gallagher Girls used to be one of my favorite series ever! Now, I'll admit, I find them more fun and simple than action-packed, but I still love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.