The New Design // Upcoming Changes

8:00 AM



LOOK AT THIS WE'RE ALL PROFESSIONAL NOW.


Basically I'm very proud of myself right now, because while it probably needs some tweaking around and there will be glitches and stuff, the new design is mostly up and it looks fabulous. I even managed to do some coding, and if you know me at all you know that computers are not my strong point, so I'm surprised my brain hasn't melted into a puddle of goop. 

But anyway. 

With a new school year and a new blog design comes changes, of course, hopefully changes that will make the blog even better. (Also, I have a one-year blogversary coming up next month. So there's that.) 

The changes will be as follows: 

1. More consistent blogging. I'll be posting on the same days, of course, but now that I'm forced to follow a schedule anyway, there will be less skipped days and moreeee posts because I'll be more organized. 

2. More themes. I'll have more month-long running themes for posts, so things might be a little more coherent. 

3. Labels! Unless it's currently not working, you may have noticed that little label cloud on the sidebar there. All posts from now on will have labels, and I'm working on labeling past posts, so you can find specific things with that. 

4. MORE GUEST POSTS. One each month, to be specific. But more on that later, so if you're interested in guest-posting here, keep your eyes on the blog. 

5. Blogversary! Soon. More on that later as well. 

And, last but not least... 

What do you want to see me post about? Suggestions are my most favorite thing ever and you people have good ideas, so you can click this linked text right here to submit your suggestions for upcoming posts. Pretty please? Give me all the ideas you want my opinion on, and I shall oblige. 



30 comments

  1. I LOVE THE NEW DESIGN!!!! It looks fantabulous. I'm super excited for all the new changes coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, it's so shiny and clean and pretty. I mean, not that I didn't like the previous one, but this one is so white and crisp and adlkjsaflksd. Also, I'm looking forward to your blogversary and to more awesome posts and all that great stuff. And when you mentioned labeling your posts, I had to laugh, because I've done that all along, but I've done a poor job, so I've been planning to go back and relabel a bunch of things so my posts can be a little more accessible. :P Anyway, lovely blog design, and here's to much more blogging ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss I've been wanting something crisp and white and pretty for a while and I'm absurdly pleased with this.

      Delete
  3. I love your new design! It's very professional looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me forever to figure out, but I love the end result.

      Delete
  4. IT LOOKS SO DIFFERENT. IT'S BEAUTIFUL. *stares in awe at the gorgeous blog* I love it so much. And I look forward to ALL THE POSTS. As for what I want to see, more of Havard/Little Hero because they sound amazing and yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new design! It's so clean and nice and professional. I'm excited to see how you plan to organize your posts around themes; it kind of reminds me of what YAvengers does. Congrats on your upcoming blogoversary. It's so amazing when you look up and realize you've already been blogging for a whole year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww! *strokes it* It's such a pretty design and I'm really glad I found it.

      Delete
  6. I obviously tweeted about this already but I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG DESIGN! :) I think it is muy cool. I definitely look forward to more posts from you, and YAY LABELS. I actually use labels on other peoples' blogs so I am grateful you shall start using them. :) I also can't wait the awesome guest posts you line up! Of course, I am going to click the linked text to fill out your survey, mwahahahahahaaaaa... Again, awesome stuff happening here, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you approve. :P Labels are something I've wanted to play around with for a while and I've finally found an excuse to get moving with that, so it's all very exciting.

      Delete
  7. I'm loving this new design! I love the whole black and white and also the font. It's niiiice.

    I always love your discussion posts, but I always find those hard to post over the school year. But I like those. Good on you for the labels! I happen to be a label hoarder (if that's even a thing) so I have giant cloud of labels, but they're always super fun and super convenient, so yay :) Welcome to the label club. We've been expecting you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, labels are fun, but I've never really done it until now...so we shall see how that goes. My organizational heart loves it.

      Delete
  8. This new design is lovely!

    Looking forward to seeing the new posts!

    ~Katie Nichols (Anonymous because Blogger has been being mean and won't let me comment with my WordPress account.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What... Okay, I thought that was going to be anonymous.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, Blogger is strange sometimes. But I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  9. The new look is fabulous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new design is glorious! I love it! And all your other changes sound awesome as well. (Also I'm totally admiring your technological skills.) :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I'm not sure how much skill was involved...it was a lot of downloading templates and such. But fiddling around with the coding after that was difficult...*collapses*

      Delete
  11. *pats new design* it is very shiny and I'm sure more of us will join the revolution for the aesthetic. *nods* Happy early blogoversary, and I look forward to all the changes and new posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to gain many more followers with the new look. For, you know, innocent purposes. And definitely not barricades and revolution.

      Delete
  12. It is beautiful and sleek and pretty and clean...BASICALLY JUST ALL THE THINGS, OKAY?! Obviously I love it ;) I definitely like the theme a lot better.

    School has been getting in the way of blogging for me a LOT (leading to month long absences already, which is just absurd :P) so I feel you. I look forward to all the new posts <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I'm ridiculously pleased with how it turned out. <3

      Delete
  13. I loooove your new design! I liked the previous one too, but this one looks much more professional. I can't wait to see what you have in store for your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I very much wanted to try something more professional, so I'm so, so happy with this. *flails around*

      Delete
  14. I KNOW THIS COMMENT IS TOTALLY LATE BUT I'M TOTALLY EXCITED FOR YOU AND YOUR NEW SQUEAL WORTHY DESIGN ajsbyllyrndulojjj!!! Yay Aimee. Way to go pro =D

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.