And So Life Starts Again

7:00 AM



I don't know if you noticed this, but summer is over. 

*screams of horror* 

I know we've been back in school for a few weeks now (three for me), but things have just started settling in and feeling like summer is really, truly over. The weather is changing. Schedules are changing. We're getting back into the rhythm of school and youth groups and cold weather and other projects.

And I'm tired already. 

source

Several different kinds of tired. Sleep-deprived tired (I blame the writing), summer's-over-and-now-homework/schoolwork-is-a-thing tired, emotionally tired, and so on. Tired. In a lot of ways it feels like life is starting up all over again after a summer of doing nothing fun things, and dude, I'm way unprepared to deal with real life all over again. Another year of high school AND juggling writing AND juggling blogging AND juggling a social life hahahaha? Who even does that?


Looking back, I learned a LOT this summer. Stuff went down this summer, both good and bad, life-changing and stressful. It was a wicked-intense summer. Missions trips and summer camps and friends and family and writing and everything else. Wicked-intense, and wicked-awesome. And now it's over

But here's the deal that I'm rambling about: I feel okay with dealing with life now. 

I know how to breathe easier when it feels like drowning sometimes. 

I feel safe in the knowledge that I consumed enough books this summer to make up for all the books I'm NOT going to read while school is a thing. 

I connected with people this summer. 

I connected with God this summer, and isn't that the most important thing? 

I started to figure out just how this whole life thing is going to work for me, which is pretty terrifying because I'm a whole lot of scared nerves when it comes to life/the future. 

I started managing my own writing in a way that makes me more productive, working out goals, scrapping those goals because I way overestimated my own sanity, rewriting, and rewriting some more. 

I started to work out my writing style and figure out what I'm all about when it comes to this writing thing. 

I found Twenty One Pilots. And maybe someday I'll blog about all that that band means to me and why they're so important, but not today. (For now, just listen.)

I had awesome points and mental breakdowns and it was all cool. 

And now life is a thing again, as I stumble out of the haze of summer laziness, and I don't really mind it. 

I'm sure this is going to change by the time this post goes up, but hey: let's rock this life thing. 

End rant. 
One more thing, before you go. 

My 1-year blogversary is happening near the end of this month, somehow, which I'm freaking out about just a little. I'll get all sappy and talk about this year of blogging on that day, but for now...I'm going to make that post an interview, in which the lovely readers interview yours truly. SO. If you have any pressing questions about me or the blog or anything like that, here's your chance. Take some time to ask a question or two, pretty please? :)



24 comments

  1. Ah, I keep forgetting that North America's going back to school now. (School ends for me in November.) I'm in the middle of exams right now, so that window gif is so appropriate.

    It sounds like you had an awesome summer! (You know, minus the mental breakdowns and drowning bits. But hey, you overcame it! And connected with God and read and wrote! Those are the necessary things in life. (That and chocolate.))

    Super excited for your blogversary! I'll send you a question when I think of something half intelligent...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Examssss. *hisses and runs away under the cover of darkness so as to avoid all the things*

      I really did have a good summer! Even the rough parts were important, looking back on it, so I count it all as good. You've got to have a positive attitude when things go down the drain, I think. xD

      Delete
  2. Gah, school is terrible. It's only been a little over a week, and I'm already dead tired. I definitely overestimated my sanity when planning my writing goals for after the summer. I shall check out Twenty One Pilots because they sound interesting. And I'm excited to see what you cook up for your blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School is killing me already. Which, you know, is probably due to my time management issues, but HEY. We don't talk about that right now. I had tons of writing goals that I didn't even get close to, so I had to learn how to NOT feel like a little ball of failure for that, which was good. And now I know not to overload myself.

      *shoves you gently in the direction of Twenty One Pilots*

      Delete
  3. Summer's over! *runs around screaming like a maniac* But honestly, I'm a little bit glad that it's coming to a close, because my summer has been crazy too and I'm looking forward to a change of pace. Good luck on all your social life, writing, blogging, school juggling. :) Oh, and happy blogversary (of course, I'll say it again when your blogversary actually comes, but you know).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaahhhh relatable. We've been in for three weeks now and I'm already exhausted. School + Homework + Blogging + Church + Social Life is suuuuper fun to balance. Especially after such a relaxed do-nothing summer. But hey, you connected with God, and that's super duper important. I'll be praying for you because SCHOOL IS SuPER FUn and life.

    (AND AGH TWENTY ONE PILOTS LIFE YES.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of those things is going to fall to the side as I go...and let's face it, it's probably going to be my "social life", because I don't really have one of those anyway. xD But I feel good about my summer and the things I've learned, as well as what's coming, so there's that. Thank you! :)

      (TWENTY ONE PILOTS IS DEFINITELY LIFE AND THEY ARE KEEPING ME SANE.)

      Delete
  5. Yes. End of summer. It's crazy! Seems like you had a very productive one though. :D
    Good luck with school.
    Also the last GIF you used is from The IT Crowd, have you watched that show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't productive in the way I wanted it to be, but I think it was actually better the way it turned out...I got a dose of reality and that was important. *shrugs*

      And no, I haven't seen it, but it looks pretty hilarious from what I've seen, so maybe I should look into it?

      Delete
  6. I've been dreading the end of summer, but hey, it's here now and there's nothing I can do about it besides taking it in stride and just accepting the fact that time goes on. School has been so tough on me already and I, too, have been feeling very tired lately. At the same time, though, I want to make the most of it and try my very hardest to look at it positively. We can both make it through this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* Yep, we'll survive. xD I'm not excited for the exhaustion of winter+slogging through school, but oh well, that's just how it goes. And I have a good feeling about the rest of the year.

      Delete
  7. Ew. Life. The horror. I wish you the best of luck balancing everything, because I know for certain how crazy that can be. And adding writing on top of that... it's basically a mixture meant to destroy sanity. If sanity really exists, I'm not entirely sure it does. I start school on Monday, so today in honor of one of my last free days, I did a 10k word day. Now, goodbye free time.

    Good luck with life. x.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lifeeee. I wish it would just go away. >.>

      I'm not the greatest at balancing things, because I'm a one-track person. But hey, we're getting here. I FEEL YA with the writing -- I did a 10k day recently too so I could feel slightly better about myself.

      Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  8. I'm that one person nobody likes because I usually look forward to the end of summer—but to be fair, I'm an introverted person who has been living in the living room all summer and hasn't had much alone time since May and the activity and separation from my family I get at school is basically what I live for. Anyway, I hope that your fall evens out a little bit and that you don't have as many existential crises because that was basically the definition of Junior Year for me and it sorta sucked. Keep balancing, and my best advice is to keep what's important in mind—God, you, and the things you find most important. *nods* Also, I look forward to your blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I would rather be dragging kicking and screaming into the school year, but oh well. I feel better about it than past years, especially better than last year, which is encouraging.
      *eyes school year nervously*

      Delete
  9. I hate school, but I love fall, so right now I'm bouncing back and forth between blissful delight and tearful despair. And I started school about three weeks ago, but this past week I took a break for vacation and now I have to "start" it up again, which sucks, since starting is the worst part of school.

    Looking forward to your blogoversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree -- fall is my favorite season! It's just a shame it comes with all the school things.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad this summer was a great period of self-discovery and growth for you. ^ ^ Contrary to common people I feel far more invigorated in the cooler weather and I can't wait to wear boots again haha.

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I like warmer weather better, but fall is LOVELY. And I'm excited about boots. xD

      Delete
  11. I feel you! I had the same kind of thoughts not too long ago. Summer is over and soo I'll go back to uni *sobs*. I'm trying to enjoy as much as possible my last weeks of freedom. I'm glad this summer was a journey of self discovery for you. I guess thinking about the future and what the heck we're going to do with our life is pretty terrifying for everybody, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sobs with you* School starting is never fun, but we'll manage, I guess. xD

      Delete
  12. I too have only recently discovered Twenty one pilots, and oh what a find. Their music means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.