In Which I've Been Blogging For A Whole Year (!!!!)

7:00 AM



A year ago today, I wrote up a blog post.

Not a very special blog post. Or a very long one. Just a little thing saying "hi, blog world, I've come to grace you with my presence!" I had no clue what I was even doing with this. Or why. Or that there was a whole world of teen bloggers out there. I just wanted to do some kind of blog because reasons. And maybe that was because that was what authors did?

But there that blog was. It had a title that referenced Les Mis and I liked the theme and it was mine, all mine, a place to share my thoughts. Which was pretty cool.


And look at me now, I've survived a whole year of this. A year and 144 posts. That's a lot, guys. 

I sat down to write this post and maybe type up things I've learned or what I'm grateful for or something like that but honestly....? I don't have much to say. It's been a year since I started blogging. 

I've learned stuff while blogging. 

I've met awesome people while blogging. 

I've laughed over blogging.

Yes, I've definitely cried over blogging. 

Blogging is not the most fun I've ever done and it's definitely added stress to my life. 

But I value it and it's making me better and I wouldn't try to do without it now. 

Tomorrow I'll do a tag, of course, and on Thursday I'll have a post, and on Saturday I'll answer all the questions you guys sent me which will involve talking about blogging this year in greater detail. But until then: 

Keep up blogging. 

Blog about what you care about. 

Don't stress too much about it. Blogs are not everything. 

Keep up the awesomeness. 

Thanks, guys. (I really do love you all.)

Here's to another year. 

34 comments

  1. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY. I love your method of celebrating, really, just continuing on the routine that you've been keeping up for a year (!!) And yeah, blogging has been such a crazy ups-and-downs experience, but at the end of the day, it's a great community we've landed in. Made only better by your Les-Mis-loving presence, of course :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, yeah, I tried to think of some kind of celebratory thing but I'm not really into giveaways at the moment so that didn't happen. xD Thank you!

      Delete
  2. GOSH AIMEE DOESN'T THAT MEAN YOU'VE BEEN IN EABR FOR OVER A YEAR?? DEAR SAIA WHAT EVEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Hope you keep up blogging for many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh!! Happy Blogversary! I've only been following your blog for a few months, but I love it!!
    :D
    (It's GraceTheWriter, btw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love it! Here's hoping I keep blogging and you keep sticking around. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on reaching a whole year! Your blog is definitely something to be proud of, and even though I say it all the time you should just know that you are great at this. Your GIFs. Your voice. Your words. THEY ARE ALL LOVELY. So definitely be proud. And, as I am committed to saying, EVERYBODY RAISE A GLASS TO THE [LADY] OF THE HOUSE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I'm hoping to improve this year and really nail down my style/what I'm after here, so that'll be interesting. Thanks so much for being around for so long!

      Delete
  6. Happy blogversary!! That's awesome. Definitely keep going. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hands cake* thank you! That's definitely the plan right now.

      Delete
  7. Happy blogversary! Here's to another year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what an exciting day!! It's such an accomplishment to keep at something for so long. Keep at it and do what you love.
    Ciera @ The Write Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've really learned a lot doing this and I'm proud of myself for not giving up, so it's been a win.

      Delete
  9. Happy Blogoversary! ^ ^ I totally agree about blogs adding stress, but now it's become something really fun too. :)

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've been stressed about it a lot lately but in the long run I wouldn't give it up anytime soon.

      Delete
  10. Congrats that's amazing! The first year is always the hardest, but once you start making blogging connections it gets SO much better:)

    Here's to another great year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would definitely agree. The past few months have been awesome.

      Delete
  11. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!!! Your blog is terribly awesome; big thumbs up for your gifs and awesome voice. Hope you blog for many more years into the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad people like it so far and I'm excited to figure stuff out this next year. :)

      Delete
  12. happy blogoversary! That's awesome!! :D :D http://weavingwaveswords.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I totally didn't know what I was doing when I started out, either. But you've done amazingly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm finally starting to get into the swing of things. xD

      Delete
  14. Happy blogoversary, Aimee! You are such an amazing blogger and writer, and you've come so far in both areas this year! Here's to many more posts on the blog! Oh, and please don't stress out over blogging too much. For some reason I don't stress out about blogging at all, which is weird because I stress out over alllll the things, but I hope it stays that way, and I hope it becomes better for you. Keep going! We all love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.