September Wrap-Up

7:00 AM




Apparently, September is over. 

I don't even know. 

ON THE BLOG

There will be an interview post on Saturday in which I have sarcastic answers to all the things you asked me a little while ago, so that's exciting. (I also have 70 GFC followers now and hey, that's pretty cool. Shout-out to my Bloglovin' peeps also.) I love you all for joining me this year and I have lots of happy feels. *group hug* Even though this year has been exhausting.


WRITING

In light of getting much beta feedback back on Pariah last month, I took a break from that steampunk mystery disaster this month while I processed critiques, worked on plot changes, cried, and all that good stuff. I have sooooo many edits to go through and add into the next draft, which is DRAFT 9 by the way (send help). So that's happening again this month and if you didn't get to read Pariah last round but would be interested possibly now, who knows -- I might need more readers soon-ish. Maybe. 

If you didn't see anything about Little Hero, I'm first drafting that now. You can find more about it up in the "The Writings" tab, if you'd like. And I shared some snippets here. I'm almost done now and so incredibly tired of first-drafting really angsty things all over again, but oh well. It's a good writing month, I suppose. (also, I shared a look into my writing process.) 



BOOKISH LIFE

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. 

I read 11 books this month because school is a beast, but hey, they were for the most part delightful and awesome books, so it's a win. 


Favorite Book: 
The Girl At The Center of the World or Half Bad because both were feelsy and light on the romance and had amazingly dynamic characters and hurt me. (Also, they had lovely covers.) 

Least Favorite Book: 
Article 5 because I had zero patience for the lack of logic and a stupid protagonist. Sigh. 

jake gyllenhaal animated GIF
Me, always. 
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE


LIFE IN GENERAL 

Anxiety is a thing that's happening, but I shared that post earlier.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who doesn't enjoy fall any more than any other season? 

School is a thing that's happening. School is school. 


I applied for a job??? Basically I'm starting to learn how to adult and I don't like it. 

I'm binge-watching Bones because it is the greatest show of all the shows and the other day I watched 6 episodes in a row to finish Season 6 and cried lots and it was great. 


NEXT MONTH


I have many ideas so it'll be a bit of a random month. But I definitely want to try to focus on what I'm doing here, and why I write, and what I get out of reading, and all the deep stuff like that. So. 


What did you do this month? How do you feel about fall? 

30 comments

  1. I'm looking forward to the interview post! And also to cheering you on for the next draft of Pariah -- absolutely honoured to have been able to help out somewhat hopefully. I would love to read that next version too, unless you're looking for someone with fresher eyes? Heather's humour is as always the best, and Gemma's post was quite amusing as well. Lovely wrap up, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were a huge help; thanks so much for that! :) I'll most likely email you about this next draft soon if you're really interested.

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness you applied for a job? O.o What job? I'm nervous because I'm at that age, too, but working makes me scared. :p

    I don't understand how you read 11 books while you wrote 472010 words. How.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nervous laughter* I applied to be a barista at the coffee shop I usually chill and write at...it's scary, but hey, they were hiring o.o

      Delete
  3. I haven't done much reading this month either because of stupid things like school (I feel your pain), but I read Steelheart and it was pretty great so there's that. Now I'm on my third book this month and after a summer of desperately looking for new things to read I feel kind of dead. xD

    And I'm pretty sure you don't want to get me started on fall. Fall is my favorite ever, so if I start talking about it it's going to get dangerously loud up in here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is a lot better now that the stinkbugs are starting to leave the back door and find better places to hang out (like under my bed, but oh well). And fall is my favourite season, but I know plenty of people who aren't into it.

    I can't wait for the interview post!! Or really anything you decide to do in October.

    And I applied for a job this month as well (I didn't get it, but that's beside the point) and It. Is. The. Worst. Except for interviews. Interviews are worse. Applying is second worst. So I feel your pain. I don't like adulting. *offers chocolate*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't NOT like fall -- it's lovely -- I just often get confused with people's obsession with it, but that's because I have a general vague disdain for all seasons. xD

      Delete
    2. Fall is my favourite season simply because I hate all the others. I kinda hate fall too, but I conveniently forget about it for three quarters of the year. And I hate it less, so it's my favourite. And it is rather beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like it was a pretty good month! Good luck with the job! Adulting is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhh yes. I'm not sure I'm ready/how to even do it. o.0

      Delete
  6. September was a pretty crazy month for me, too, so I sympathize :) Also, applying for jobs is one of the most nerve-wracking things ever. I adore Jellicoe Road--what did you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was super, super weird, and I'm not sure what I think of it xD I had a hard time making sense of it and my feelings are all jumbled up. The writing was incredible, though.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, Eagle of the Ninth is my favorite book, like, ever!!
    How did you like it? Did you fall in love with Marcus as I did?

    Where did you apply? I hope that goes well for you! Adulting is very hard, I had to start hardcore adulting which means 3 jobs, plus college! It's rough man!
    But I love coming home at the end of the day and checking up on all my blogger ladies :) You all are just so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MARCUS THE PRECIOUS BABY. *cuddles him* I totally loved him and his thought process and the setting and ughhhh it was fun. I need to own it.

      I applied to be a barista at my favorite coffee shop -- I'm rather nervous because this is the first time I've tried to adult so we'll see how that goes.

      Delete
  8. Awesome month, I must say. I've never read any of those books but some of them look really good.

    Also, what job did you apply for? I'm 15, and I've been looking into getting a job because I need to attempt to learn how to adult, but no one will hire a 15 year old. At least, not anywhere that I would willingly want to put effort into working at. I want to try and get a job at the library but again, hardly anyone hires younger people. Mehhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 15 too -- I applied at a coffee shop too and I'm going to see how that goes. Learning to adult is the worst. xD

      Delete
  9. Yay for writing process! I'm sorry about anxiety stuff and I hope you're feeling better. :( And I love fall. :) I hate summer heat. XD

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I feel or you on the learning-how-to-adult thing. It's horrible, right? But hey, your month doesn't sound toooo bad...
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, as months go it was a pretty good one.

      Delete
  11. Where's that last gif from??? Just wondering :)
    -JH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's from The IT Crowd? Which I've never seen; I found the gif on Google Images. xD

      Delete
  12. Becoming an adult is scaring me too...I just don't like the stress that's starting to come, knowing my actions will affect the rest of my life. Good luck with your job...it's really nice to make money :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh yes. o.o I'm trying to figure out how to cope with that, but I'm also excited about jobs and such, so...

      Delete
  13. I love fall (except we call it autumn. Also I live in an evergreen forest so leaves fall all year round so it's not an accurate name), because we have some school holidays, my birthday, the weather finally stops raining and starts sunning, and it gets colder. Anyway, I have neglected reading your blog, but happy blogoversary! How exciting :D :D I don't want to adult, and all my job opportunities consist of babysitting... oh well (wait. you don't like kids, do you) Anyway, yay october!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, adulting is hard...kids aren't my favorite, but I do babysit for a family friend every now and then. You've got to pay for all those books somehow. :)

      Delete
  14. I actually prefer fall. :P What is your favorite season, or do you have one? Good luck on getting a job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I'm kind of indifferent to all of them because they all suck in different ways for me and also have high points (except for winter). But I'd probably say summer because no school.

      Delete
  15. May I just say that this month was a particularly good month on your blog. I especially liked reading some of your snippets and hearing a little bit more about your life! :) I've owned Half Bad and now two people I know have liked it and I need to read it too. *sigh* THE BURDENS OF A BOOKWORM. Also, thanks for sharing my post on writing and driving! It's very much appreciated. Have a spectacular October, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.