The Sweater Weather Tag

7:00 AM


Alex tagged me for a lovely, cozy thing, that is not the sort of thing I normally do but I'm going to proceed anyway. (And instead of gifs today we're going to use pretty pictures because it's a pretty tag and I feel like it.)


We're going to ignore the fact that I dislike sweaters and cold weather and proceed anyway, because positivity and coziness.

THE QUESTIONS 

Favorite Candle Scent 
I...don't make very good use of candles? I don't know, I guess I'm lazy or uncool or something. But I had a sugar cookie scented candle once and it was divine. We also have a Sherlock-scented candle that I got my mom for Christmas last year and that one is the best. 


Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? 
I don't like hot chocolate. *runs away from all the rage* 

I like tea...sometimes. Especially if it's peppermint tea or lemon ginger tea because I like strong flavors. Most of the time, though, I'll pass it over in favor of... 

Coffee. I'm becoming slightly obsessed. There's a coffee shop about a ten minute walk away from my house and it's my writing sanctuary now, because it's lovely and cozy and they have coffee in candy bar flavors which is magical. (Like really, have you ever had Snickers or Almond Joy-flavored coffee before?) I'm a bit in love with my coffee, even though I like it cold all throughout the year. I'm not really a hot beverages person.


What's the best fall memory you have? 
This is unfair. I have the memory of a hyperactive goldfish.

Every year my homeschool co-op that I am not a part of this year but whatever goes on a hayride, and that hayride is pretty awesome. We go with friends and it's crazy and muddy and the air smells like gasoline and mud and smoke and fall leaves and general fall-ness and you get hay in your hair and pick a pumpkin and ride back and tumble out to get apple cider and cookies and candy corn. It's always a nice day and there's something satisfying about being on an insane hayride with lots of hills and a cart full of screaming children.

Best fragrance for fall:
Stuff burning.

Burning leaves are pretty great, though. But fall is when we start to make soups at my house again, and soup is my favorite, so those smells always make me happy. Book pages, too, but that's always my favorite. 

Favorite Thanksgiving food: 
Macaroni and cheese. I make it and it makes me endlessly happy because pasta and cheese. But cherry pie is great too. 

This is not cherry pie, but it's a gorgeous picture and makes me hungry. Deal with it.

What is autumn weather like where you live? 
Basically the loveliest. We get stereotypical fall, which I do love as long as it's not too cold. All the colors and bright blue cloudless skies and burning leaf smells and everything. It gets to be freezing fast, though. 

Most worn sweater: 
I...don't like sweaters? Textures tend to irritate me, and things with long sleeves are the worst. So I try to avoid cuddly sweaters because I'm a killjoy like that. I have a big floppy grey one that I tolerate when I have to, though. Since that's basically the one I own I'll go with that. 

Football games or jumping in leaf piles? 
Neither! I do, however, enjoy looking at fall leaves. From a distance. Where they can't be itchy. 


Skinny jeans or leggings? 
...skinny jeans? Both irritate me, to be honest, but I'm not a leggings fan. Skinny jeans go well with the whole punk-rock look I'm attempting. I'm very punk rock. Or I try to be.

Combat boots or Uggs? 
Combat boots, always and forever. <3 

Is Pumpkin Spice worth the hype? 
Confession time: I don't like pumpkin-flavored anything. At all.

Look at me, being a downer and hating on all things fall. 

Favorite fall TV show: 
Let's face it, I'll probably binge-watch an obscene amount of Bones for the rest of this fall because that's all I'm doing lately. But Agents of SHIELD will probably be my thing if I can force myself to watch another episode of the new season after not enjoying the premiere at all.

What song really gets you into the fall spirit? 
Anything by Coldplay. 

Ah, I love Coldplay. *snuggles under blankets with soothing Coldplay* Also, Twenty One Pilots is perfectly suited for any season and will likely carry me through this school year with some sanity.

Hats or scarves? 
I have a Firefly hat and that hat is my favorite thing ever. I think that answers that question. 

Exactly like this one, yes. I have allll the Jayne love.

What's your #1 favorite thing about fall? 
All my shows coming back. Definitely. 


Thank you so much for tagging me, Alex! This was super fun and different and made me feel all warm and cozy, even though it's ridiculously late as I type this and it might be entirely incoherent to outside eyes. Have a lovely fall/autumn! 

PEOPLE I TAG TO DO THE THING: 

Steal this. All of you. Do it. 

What's your favorite thing about fall? 

33 comments

  1. Hayrides are the best! I've never had mac and cheese as a Thanksgiving food, but now I'm craving it. I understand why you don't like sweaters--they're some that are just too fibery/scratchy for me to wear. And a Firefly hat--why don't I have a Firefly hat? (That scene is one of my favorites in the show; I love Jayne.) Thanks for doing this tag; it was super fun reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, you're a Firefly person too??? Firefly is my show. <3 Thanks so much for tagging me. This is probably one of my favorite tags I've ever done, even if I'm not the biggest fan of fall. It made me feel warm and fuzzy and happy.

      Delete
  2. A SHERLOCK SCENTED CANDLE DO YOU KID ME AAAAAH. And gosh, today I ordered a chocolate and somehow it tasted like coffee and I was so confused. And also do hyperactive goldfish have different memory spans than goldfish? And also I am about to start binge-listening to Twenty One Pilots so if you have any recs where to start that'd be fantastic.

    Basically in this tag of you answering questions I have commented with some questions of my own and that is rather strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed smell like books and I LOVE IT. It makes me happy and I kind of want to buy like ten of them. Because Sherlock. And candles. And book smells.

      Heh, I don't know much about goldfish but I should assume so. :P And oh, gosh, where to start with Twenty One Pilots...I would definitely recommend listening to the album Blurryface all the way through, in order, to start out. It's a good starting place (it's their newest album and pretty fantastic) and all-around a good representation of the band.

      Delete
  3. I'm completely with you on the pumpkin thing. I hate pumpkin/pumpkin spice everything. It's so gross.

    Also, how can a candle be Sherlock scented. What. That's kind of amazing.

    ALSO, I'M GLAD TO SEE THAT I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T LIKE THE AGENTS OF SHIELD PREMIERE. AoS is my favorite of favorite shows ever but I hated the season 3 premiere. I just... meh. But since it's my favorite I kept watching and I'm so much happier with the second/third episodes now. (3rd made me, the stoneheart, cry). So you should try to keep watching. Do it for Fitzsimmons. And more reasons to hate Ward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hating Ward is basically one of my hobbies.

      Delete
    2. Same. Ward needs to die. Because after what he did mostly to Skye, Fitzsimmons, and Bobbi, I just... I don't ever want to see him ever again.

      Delete
    3. Get a Sherlock scented candle. That is all.

      I'm SO off and on with Agents of SHIELD. Most of the time I feel kind of meh about it, sometimes I hate it, and then sometimes they'll have a few episodes I really find myself invested in...I really don't like Skye, so that's making things difficult lately. And WARD. Ugh. But I do want to see where this season goes.

      Delete
    4. (Also, I love how we're all united in Ward-hatred.)

      Delete
    5. I still love Ward, but it's really twisted and it's mostly me shouting at him to not get even more traitorous than he already is. Imma probably give up on him at some point, but he was my favoriiiiiiiiite... still is.... but he's still traitorous scum and I have no justifiable reason for why I still love him.

      Delete
    6. Yes, we are all united in Ward-hatred. Especially now as he rebuilds Hydra.

      Honestly, I'm meh with Skye/Daisy right now too. She's just... not the same character this season. However, everyone else is precious *wraps them in warm blankets*.

      Delete
  4. this tag is the cutest awww.
    I love that you dont like all things fall. hahaha.
    As for tv shows, Bones is life.
    and candles, you should try the oceans one from Pier 1. its my favorite. its so cute and smells wonderful and its a deep blue color.
    I LOVE FALL!

    and also, you are so punk rock. you are literally punk rock goals

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hayride sounds awesome. I want your firefly hat :D
    I adore mac and cheese, and you make it yourself, that is even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mac and cheese is life. I made it again today just because I could and it's the best <3

      Delete
  6. This tag is pretty much the bessst. Fall is my favorite ever and it took forever for it to get here where I live so I was kind of stressing out. xD My favorite thing about fall is ALL THE THINGS. Seriously, I love it all. Cold weather (in an ideal world... like I said, took forever to get here), hoodies, boots, pumpkin EVERYTHING, leaves. All the things. I love fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably my favorite tags and I don't even like fall all that much. xD It's just so cute and fun.

      Delete
  7. FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO DOESN'T LIKE PUMPKIN-THINGS. I feel like the only idiot who doesn't appreciate pumpkin and it gives me comfort I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high fives* EVERYONE likes pumpkin stuff. I really don't understand.

      Delete
  8. It's posts like this that make me wish I lived in the States. Autumn (or fall, as you peoples call it) over here is basically just a less severe winter. With lots of rain. Also, I feel like you Americans appreciate the seasons a lot more than we do. And you have Thanksgiving. Which is just another excuse to eat food.

    Great post, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm not a seasons person myself...I would prefer to hide inside in a perfectly temperature-controlled climate all the time. But oh well. I do love the holidays that include lots of food. :D

      Delete
    2. I feel the same way! A constant (or even just predictable) temperature and humidity would be lovely. And anything that includes food is great.

      Delete
  9. *seriously Aimee what do you mean /trying/ to be punk rock you are the punkest rock*
    *but you're not an actual rock*
    *ugh you know what I mean*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates long-sleeved things for texture reasons. I also hate them because I radiate so much heat I feel like I'm suffocating, and it has to be below forty degrees Fahrenheit before I put anything on. I love this tag--it's so cozy. I may or may not do it, depending on scheduling stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss. I hate that feeling so I avoid it when I can, but I do like blankets and such when it's cold. :D This tag makes me super happy! It's so fun to do.

      Delete
  11. My favourite things are probably all my shows coming back on, cold weather (I hate summer. There, I said it.) Fall clothes (which I find much less awkward than summer clothes), the feeling of leaf-scented wind on a cool morning, Halloween (AKA "Yearly Excuse to Cosplay my Favourite Characters"), frost, and school starting back (Yeah, I'm actually not being sarcastic; Summer's unproductive nature disorients me.).

    What did you dislike about the AoS premiere? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is my favorite, but that's fair. :)

      Hmmm...I have a hate/love relationship with AoS in general -- I don't think I enjoy it most of the time. I'm not fond of the Inhumans story arc (Skye/Daisy annoys me a lot) and I mostly found myself bored/annoyed.

      Delete
  12. First of all, I call this autumn. And sweaters are jerseys. And I don't celebrate thanksgiving. *rains on positivity parade* . But I love autumn, and hot chocolate (tea, kinda? coffee, no except occasionally when weak with too much sugar. But no) I have a green apple candle, and also a blueberry one (not that I've ever used it, but that's beside the point). What does a sherlock candle smell like? Also, fun post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is a much prettier word, yeah xD The Sherlock candle smells like old pages, mostly.

      Delete
  13. I love fall so much. ^ ^ The leaves, the cold, the sweaters, the warm beverages. It makes me feel so happy. ^ ^ Summer and heat makes me feel sticky and depressed. XD And that's so cool that you had a Sherlock candle! I have one too! It smells so good! Did you get it at Wolf and Fox as well?

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww summer is the happiest time for me but I suppose that's okay :P Our candle comes from Fandlemonium, which is awesome.

      Delete
  14. I demand an image of you in the Jayne hat. I demand it. Because it's forceful. Yeah. But I can get a lot of the things you said; I'm not really into football or leaf-piles or being cold or any of that stuff, but somehow I do like fall. I think the best part is stepping on singularly crunchy leaves as I go walking. :D

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.