November Wrap-Up

7:00 AM



NaNoWriMo happened this month and I was weirdly unprepared for juggling that and life at the same time, so it's been a quiet November on the blog. 

There's always a good reason to use this one. 
ON THE BLOG 
And...that's it for this month. Three blog posts. Am I disappointed in myself? Kind of. But I'm definitely picking it up this month now that NaNo is no longer a thing. Ignore the fact that I make this promise every month.

WRITING 

This is actually a thing that happened this month! 

As most of you probably know I wrote 50k worth of We Caught A Vampire, my paranormal road trip novel with vampires and Fall Out Boy jokes and junk food and ghosts in toasters and all that good stuff. I have a post about this going up tomorrow, but the novel itself was a blast to write and, if I say so myself, a little hilarious. It was hard to write, but I'm proud of it. 


ALSO. I'm thinking of putting WCAV on Wattpad, a chapter at a time, once I can get around to editing and fixing it up (probably this January). How many of you lovely people would be interested in seeing that/reading it? 

BOOKISH LIFE 
15 books this month! One more than last month, and considering the fact that I had a ton of homework and also NaNo I think I did pretty okay. 

Favorite Book
Vicious or Gone With the Wind or Winter because they were all feelsy and glorious. Vicious was pulled straight out of my writerly and superhero-loving brain. Gone With the Wind is an amazingly written classic I couldn't stop reading. Winter completed the Lunar Chronicles series, which I'll always love, and made me 100% happy. So many good books this month! 

Least Favorite Book 
Obsidian Mirror. I was wildly confused and wasn't even able to finish it, sadly. 

There were a TON of good books to read this month! I'm very pleased. 
  • I bought one book this month: Winter because it was absolutely necessary to own it as soon as I could. 
  • Neal Shusterman's Challenger Deep won the National Book Award! Go read this book immediately. It 100% deserves to be recognized for its importance. 
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE 
LIFE 

Stress continues to be a thing, but I think I'm doing a pretty good job surviving. 

I'm almost -- almost -- finished with Bones. Like, the whole thing. I'm going to weep forever now.

I SAW MOCKINGJAY PT. 2. Gross sobbing was involved. I absolutely loved it, because I'm one of those weird people who enjoyed Mockingjay the book a lot. 

Actually me, in the theater, freaking out over everything. 
I started playing the drums??? I feel new and vaguely dumb but I think I'm getting the hang of an instrument for once in my life and it makes me very happy. 

All in all, it was a very interesting November, and not much happened. I'll try to keep up with blogging this December, but you know how it goes -- I'm the worst at this whole thing. *nervous laughter* 

How was your November? Did you do NaNo? Did you survive? 

12 comments

  1. Please put WCAV on Wattpad, that would be seriously awesome. I'd definitely read that. Mockingjay Pt 2 was great; it really stayed true to the book (and there were many tears involved, yes). My November was crazy and stressful, but I'm starting to work my way out of the chaos now and that's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, sorry you had a crazy and stressful month too :( But at least we had Mockingjay to help...nevermind.

      Delete
  2. I'd LOVE to read We Caught a Vampire! It sounds like exactly my cup of tea, so if you post it, please let us know! My November was a bit stressful, and I'm SO looking forward to Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy thank you! I think I'll have an announcement regarding that soon. November was stressful for me, too, and apparently a lot of other people...but look, we made it through! *confetti*

      Delete
  3. WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT GOLIATH???? I read that series a few years ago and I remember loving it.

    I haven't seen Mockingjay Part 2 yet, and I'm honestly scared too. I don't know what it'll do to me--or more accurately, I've got a pretty good idea of what it'll do to me and I don't want to go through that, so yeah. I might just have someone tell me about it, then go sob in a corner for a while.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually re-reading the series...I read them for the first time last year and loved them to pieces, so I reread them quite frequently. xD They're soooo beautiful.

      MOCKINGJAY IS THE WORST. Just saying.

      Delete
    2. I've only read them once, but YES THEY SO ARE!!!! <3

      Haha, I take it you didn't enjoy it then.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I survived NaNo with 53k words. So that was something. And tiring.

    YES. YES I WOULD LOVE TO READ WCAV SO UHM PUT IT ON WATTPAD SO I CAN FLAIL ABOUT IT KAY? *coughs* Please.

    Winter kind of killed me. xD All those feels and THORNE AND CRESS and everything. Also, I'm actually reading Challenger Deep right now. I personally think it's a little hard to get into - how it's written is bizarre and takes a little getting used to. But I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *confetti* WE DID ITTTT AND YOU WILL ALL HAVE WCAV SOON.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad NaNoWriMo went well for you! I did it as well and finished at about 55K. ^ ^ ALSO MOCKINGJAY PART 2 was so AMAZING!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huzzah! I'm glad NaNo was a success for you as well :D

      Delete
  6. VICIOUS AND WINTER ARE AWESOME AMIRIGHT? Those are like, also the only two of your books I've read. XD Although, except for Challenger Deep. I liked Challenger Deep. Good on you for owning Challenger Deep. Also, thanks for sharing my post! :D Annotation is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.