What Went Down This Year

7:00 AM


2015 is pretty much over and I don't know how I feel about that.


I'm honestly not sure how to deal with this information. 2015 was pretty freaking hard in lots of ways -- personally, with writing, with blogging, and anything else you can imagine. I learned so much this year and I can say that I'm a much different (and better) person than I was last January, but it's hard to believe the year is over. 

Like what even. 

That being said, I'm going to copy every other blogger out there and take a post to talk about all the stuff that went down this year. 

WRITING 

I had a lot of expectations for this year. Most of those things didn't happen, but that's okay.

I wrote about two Pariah drafts. I cried over Pariah. I rewrote Pariah chapters until I was sick of all things steampunk murder mystery. In the end, though, I'm pretty proud of what I accomplished. 

I sent Pariah to beta readers for the first time ever, which was scary. I got the most helpful feedback back from them and made most of them cry. It was a win. 
(sorry about that one scene.) 
Aside from Pariah, I also wrote the first drafts for Little Hero and We Caught A Vampire. (Speaking of WCAV, you guys are gonna get to read that on Wattpad in 2016. Just sayin'.) 

I learned a lot about editing and writing in general this year, as you can see in the last post. So that was pretty awesome.

READING 

I read 220 books this year. I have no idea how this happened, but it was awesome. 

I have a whole long post specifically for books this year coming tomorrow, so I'll leave you alone about it right now. 

BLOGGING 

This is my first full year of blogging and it was awesome. I'll admit I was pretty sketchy some months and not as much blogging as I wanted happened, and I wasn't thrilled with the quality of a lot of the posts, but it was a good year for figuring out what I want to do with this blog. Next week I'll start really moving more in the direction I want, and hopefully I'll be more regular about it. Adjusting to life was a little iffy this year. 

The most popular posts: 
Writin' Accents with 4121 views (how did this happen???) 
Blog Tags and Other Such Nonsense with 1339 views (evidently you guys care a lot about my life.)

My Favorite Posts: 

Also, I have to thank every single one of you cool readers because apparently there's 86 of you now and that ROCKS. I didn't expect it in any universe, and honestly it's a miracle you've stuck around for so long.


FANDOMS 

I watched all 10 1/2 available seasons of Bones this year. Excuse me while I feel all the feels.

I thoroughly enjoyed what I've seen of the new season of Doctor Who, because Twelve is a joy to have and possibly my favorite yet. (I'm a cruel person who appreciates morbid humor, apparently.)

I got into Hamilton this month. Lord help me.

That new Star Wars movie? I loved it soooo much. (I haven't talked about this much but I'm total Star Wars trash.)

Twenty One Pilots is kind of changing my life. Have you listened to Twenty One Pilots yet? Go listen to them.

I started watching Castle. I love the thing. *flails*
Castle:

REAL LIFE (yeah, I had one)

Anxiety was a huge deal this year and I had to learn how to deal with it, and write, and do school. I don't know how I survived but I did, and learned a lot more about mental illness in the process, so yay for that, I guess. (perhaps you'll see more posts on that this year?) 

I got an Instagram. It's pretty sweet, if I do say so myself.

I started taking classes at a legit school. I made friends. I don't know how this happened but it did, my grades are pretty good, and I'm overall happy there. Homework is weird, though, since it's the first time I've ever had it. Getting up early is the worst part. 

I did a lot of tweeting.



Essentially, a lot of stuff went down this year, and you people had to put up with a lot of it

So thanks for that.

18 comments

  1. Reading this post makes me even happier I subscribed to your blog. ^_^ Also, I feel like I've missed out for not having subscribed earlier. That list of top blog posts of the year is truuuly tempting me... O.O *scurries off into archives*

    I also really appreciate you being transparent and talking about real-life struggles, too, since all of us have them (whether we admit them on the Internet or not). Maybe that's something we can all do a little more of. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you read it! I've had so much fun talking to you on Twitter and such this year. :D And it's nice to hear encouragement about the life stuff, because I'm super nervous but I want to post more of that this year.

      Delete
  2. We do not talk about that scene. We do not THINK about that scene. I am /trying/ to expunge that scene from my memory. *cries*

    But YES YES the twelfth Doctor is my favouritest. *hugs 12 viciously* Also, I've been wanting to watch Castle for FOREVER but still haven't.

    Happy New Year! Hope you have a great one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAMILTON AND STAR WARS AND TWENTY ONE PILOTS! you literally are me. Plus anxiety. yay....

    but seriously way to go for dealing with this year with anxiety. its a nightmare. so Im proud of you.

    and how on earth did you read 220 books? holy crap....I read 72 and I thought THAT was crazy. hats off to you my friend.

    also I shall make my way over to follow you on instagram. dont mind me.

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, we *do* have a lot in common...I just wish anxiety wasn't one of those things. :(

      Delete
  4. I really liked what you had to say about book ratings, too. Congrats on how your blog has grown so much over the past year!

    Also, I started listening to Hamilton just now and I think I'm on my twentieth time during Christmas break alone... I've also enjoyed hearing some about your life, and if you do talk about mental illness over the next year, I'll be curious to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Life and mental illness are things I want to talk about more now, which is scary for me, so we'll see how that goes.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on Pariah! i sadly didn't get to do a lot of writing this year, and I'm really glad you finished that draft :)

    Now I just have to go back and read/reread those blog posts... congrats on an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I got that draft done, too...it gave me way too much trouble and just ew.

      Delete
  6. Star Waaaaaaaaaars.... I'm still not entirely sure what I saw but it was awesome and I loved it. I am entirely unsure of my motivations when my favorite character is the bad guy, but he was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read, WCAV on Wattpad. I love the Twelfth doctor his humor, and terrible bedside manner won me over. I'm Star Wars trash too, the new one was good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I CANNOT WAIT TO READ WCAV. Just sayin'.

    Also, I still won't forgive you for that one scene in Pariah. So evil.

    Also, 12 is quite possibly my favorite too. He's darker than the others and yes, the morbid humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh I'm nervous for people to read it. xD *bounces up and down anxiously*

      Delete
  9. I diagnosed and learned to deal with my anxiety this year too. You're not alone, even if you feel like you are. Never forget that <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm sorry anxiety is a struggle for you, too, but we've got this <3

      Delete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.