The Sixteen Types As YA Novels

8:13 AM


A fun post mostly because I can. is there really a better reason? 



The 16 Myers-Briggs types are all interesting and unique and all that goodness. (If you're not familiar with Myers-Briggs, for some reason, you can check that out here first so you have some context.) Since I'm mildly obsessed with both this system and a little thing called YA, I thought what better way to bring in the first bookish post of the year than to cram both into one day? So, I have selected a YA novel for each type, one that I feel represents their type and would be enjoyed by people of that type (in my own humble opinion). 

Now, this is my own humble opinion, so not beating me over the head with a large book or something would be nice. It's all in good fun, as usual. Thanks. but if you disagree with a book I've chosen for a type feel free to point that out, because, you know, it's a free country. way to miss some of the sarcasm.

INTJ
Ah, yes, a personal favorite. Because INTJs enjoy smart, though-provoking things that shed light on some deep-thinking issue. Also, they can be morbid as heck sometimes. 

INTP 
People love it, but ??????????????

ENTJ
You're all apparently sociopaths. (amusingly enough this is the one book I've found that actually mentions Myers-Briggs, and the MC identifies himself as ENTJ in order to seem like good criminal material because he's probably ESTP or something and doesn't even know what he is.)

ENTP
No one knows what you're even doing, but it's sassy and great with thinking up plans on the spur of the moment, as well as ridiculous and 100% fun. 

INFJ 
You're deep and thoughtful and smarter than people give you credit for. You've also got a lot to say about feelings

INFP 
Cute. Fluffy. Smart. Absolutely weird as heck.

ENFJ 
*aggressively helps people through their issues* 

ENFP 
Actual manic pixie dream girl. Runs away randomly and leaves vague clues assuming your friends will be smart enough to figure them out? 

ISTJ 
Deceptively witty, with a side of possible murder.

ISFJ 
Straight. Up. Fluff. You take care of the people you love and it's adorable.

ESTJ 
Because this is probably what it's like in your head, since you're so 100% smooth and businesslike on the outside. 

ESFJ
The perfect combination of fun, weird, and whatever else you guys do with your time I don't even know.

ISTP 
There's a fighting ring and a lot of people get punched in the face. Also, apocalypse. 

ISFP 
It's pretty but what is happening here.

ESTP 
Apocalypse/dystopia/steampunk. Razor-sharp sass. Swordfighting, griffons, and cyborgs. Is this not the ESTP dream? 

ESFP 
I'm not sure what's happening, but it's non-stop and it's a whirlwind of pure concentrated extra-hyper fun

So there you have it. 

36 comments

  1. So I took the quiz and apparently I'm Bruiser. Although I took it a while back and that would have made me Jackaby. So... I just don't know. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs hysterically* Okay, so I have not read Paper Towns (now I want to? is it worth it?) but the description below EXACTLY summed up the ENFP type. (Not that I /personally/ would ever consider running away and leaving clues and all that stuff just for the fun of it-- oh no, no, no of course that's never entered my head *nervous giggle*)

    And I can't say that I've read most of these titles, but those I have read are. so. accurate. Like ENTP/Artemis Fowl and ISTJ/Steelheart and ESFJ/Cinder. And no, I haven't read Skullduggery Pleasant but just from the descriptions and reviews out there (and the cover!!) I can totally see my INTP friends loving that book (no, I can see them BEING that book). So anyway. I APPROVE. *loud applause*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't exactly like Paper Towns, though there were some aspects that made me laugh. xD

      Skulduggery Pleasant is the greatest and funniest book ever yessss.

      Delete
  3. I'm an actual manic pixie dream girl. Yay. xD
    *is like one of the only people who hasn't actually read ANY John Green books* *oops* *should probably change that eventually*

    I love these MBTI posts. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *John Green isn't worth it in my opinion* *but whatever* xD I'll definitely have more Myers-Briggs posts coming this year, because they're awesomely fun.

      Delete
  4. I'm a bruiser, not sure if it's accurate because I haven't read the book, but I will take your word for it. Cool post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruiser is the most fantastic of books. *nods wisely*

      Delete
  5. This is so cool, relating 16 personalities to books. I've taken the 16 personalities test and am an ENFP, and I loved Paper Towns. I guess it wasn't a coincidence, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, apparently I'm Unwind. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my list. You had me at 'morbid as heck'. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparantly I'm Jackaby... I looked this up on goodreads, and apparently it's like Sherlock meets Doctor Who. This imediately goes to the top twenty on my TBR list. (-: I really have no idea how other people see INFPs, but I feel like this would definitely help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackaby is extremely lovely and I adore itttt. <3 My INFP brother read it and loved it also, so I guess it's accurate!

      Delete
  8. From all the books you've mentioned up there, I've only read Cinder and Unwind (it's a pity they don't match my personality type because I really enjoyed them! ;). But Paper Towns, Unlikely Hero of Room 13B, and Jackaby are all on my tbr..But I guess I should read Bruiser first since I'm an INFJ (and I have things to say about feelings??? whaaat???). Great post! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am an ISTJ. So apparently I am deceptively witty? With a side of possible murder? Well, I sure hope not Aimee. I haven't read a Brandon Sanderson book yet, but I'd love to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant. Deep and thought-provoking sounds good to me (I'm an INTJ). :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apparently I have A LOT OF FEEEEELINGGGGSS... I'm also a huge paradox, but that's summing up INFJ's in general. We are strange & are overly concerned with what personality-type we are. O-o

    Awesome post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. INFJs are strange creatures, but I generally like you guys, even if you're my opposite. xD

      Delete
  12. Alas, I have not read the book that is associated with my type, and I don't have people to associate with the titles I have read! Either I need to read more or make new friends...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read more. The answer is always read more.

      Delete
  13. I love this post! It is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I need to read all these books. *makes list*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shoves all the books towards you because they're all brilliant*

      Delete
  15. "Deceptively witty, with a side of possible murder."

    HA YES. I'm in love with this. Sadly, I have yet to read Steelheart, which is depressing because I really, really want to. And I have wanted to for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *backs away from the ISTJs slowly*
      But seriously, Steelheart is a work of art. xD

      Delete
  16. MY GOSH child this is all the perfect. I've seen posts like this and mostly I'm just like "yeah pretty good" but NOT THIS ONE. You did excellent yes *Professor MBTI stamp of approval*

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute idea! I love the chart, and I'd love to see more of this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous, Aimee! I love it! I'm not super familiar with the types, but you did a great job and I loved it so much. These are beautiful and so, so cool. Do more, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Steelheart? Aww you're so sweet! Best way I've seen ISTJs portrayed on the internet. Like ever. Except maybe "fanatically religious cats who have a schedule for everything" comes pretty close.

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.