The Get To Know Me Tag

12:21 PM


It's come to my attention that I have a bunch of new followers, so maybe it's time for an introduction of sorts?


A while ago, Emma tagged me for the Get-To-Know-Me tag. It's exactly what it sounds like, so today you're going to get to know all those random little facts about me that you might not know already. Cool? Cool. 

VITAL STATS

Name: Aimee Meester. But, like, did you not know this already? 
Nickname: "HOW COULD YOU", "AIMEE NO", and all related variations.
Birthday: June 8! (It's coming up soon!)
Place of Birth: South Carolina, my one true love. 
Star Sign: Ummm Gemini? I don't really follow these things. So.
Occupation: Trying to find a job? Right now I write and read and insert myself into conversations about things I love. As you do. 

Have a picture of my face. 

APPEARANCE

Hair color: Honestly? It depends on the time of year, and the mood I've been in lately, and all that good stuff. Naturally I'm blonde, but I've had it red and blue and purple and pink and such. Right now it's more of an auburn for the school year. 
Hair length: Well, half of is gone/shaved. The other half comes down just past my chin. I'm rather pleased with it.
Eye color: Blue!
Best feature: My razor-sharp wit. (Heh.) 
Braces: Nopeeeee. 
Piercings: I have two on each ear! I'd like a third piercing for my upcoming 16th. 'Cause I'm punk-rock like that.
Tattoos: Not yet, but it's most certainly in my plans as soon as I'm able.
Righty or lefty: Righty! 
 :
I just really want something like this for my first tattoo? 

FIRSTS

Best friend: I believe it was my lovely friend Emily!
Award: Probably something for soccer? I don't think I deserved it, but whatever.
Sport: Soccer. I was awful at it, but it was fun. 
Real holiday: Ummm maybe a birthday? I don't even know. 
Concert: Switchfoot. It was beautiful and powerful and I cried. Lots. 
How do I even sports.
FAVORITES

Oh, yikes, these kinds of questions are the worst. (I'll give top threes for some of these questions instead.)

Film: Omg, so many favorites. But I'll always love Megamind, and The Winter Soldier, and the RDJ Sherlock Holmes movies.

TV show: LOST. LOST. LOST. 
Color: Orange! Orange is fabulous. 
Song: Why would you do this to me. Right now my top three are Holding On To You by Twenty One Pilots, My Shot from Hamilton, and Company Car by Switchfoot.
Ugh, this song.
Restaurant: Noodles & Company. Like. I can't think of anything better than a whole restaurant devoted to pasta.
Shop: Hot Topic. I know, I know, sue me, but I'm a fandom girl/punk rocker at heart. 
Books: Again, with the miserably unfair questions. If I had to pick... The Great Gatsby, Red Rising, and Unwind.
Shoes: Combat boots. Allllll the combat boots. I have two pairs and I love them both endlessly. 

CURRENTLY

Feeling: Tired. Tired. Tired. Tiiiiired. 
Single or taken: Who needs a boyfriend when you have Hamilton? 
Eating: Not anything currently, but I had oatmeal for breakfast and it was kind of wonderful. 
Thinking about: 
Cabinet Battle
alEXANDER HAMILTON
Watching: The final season of Downton Abbey. Send help.
Wearing: Sweatpants, a t-shirt, my excellently soft red hoodie. Just my usual uniform. 

FUTURE

Want children: Yup yup yup. 
Want to be married: Yassss. 
Careers in mind: Oh, wow. Missionary. Writer. Stuff like that. (But I also have a ridiculous thought that it would be awesome to work in forensics? I dunno, man, Bones corrupted me.)
Where you want to live: NEW YORK CITY. I just...I just really love that place. 
I've been in Times Square at night and it was the best moment of my life.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN

God: Absolutely. 
Miracles: Once again: absolutely. 
Love at first sight: Hmmm. A lot of people would say no to this, but there's a Victor Hugo quote about it from Les Miserables that I really agree with. 
“The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that it has come to be disbelieved in. Few people dare now to say that two beings have fallen in love because they have looked at each other. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only.”
Ghosts: I think there's such a thing as spirits and stuff, but not ghosts the way we tend to see them in our heads. *shrugs* 

Aliens: Realistically, no. 
Soul mates: Of course, but it doesn't just apply to romantic relationships! Friends can be soul mates too, I know this from experience. *nodnod*  
Heaven: Of course.
Hell: Well, the two kinda go hand-in-hand.
Kissing on the first date: I don't think so? Not for me personally. 
Yourself: Who knows? Can I prove that I'm real, and actually here? *looks solemnly into the distance* 

I TAG


Have a lovely weekend, peeps.

34 comments

  1. Let's go live in New York together because that place has stolen my heart and I must. live. there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sameee. *looks at lack of money sadly*

      Delete
  2. :D I did this one too, and for the do you believe in yourself, I quoted Olaf: "Um, I think so?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading you blog for months but I know hardly anything about you, so this was a great post. Also, your punk-rock-ness is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you know more now. :P

      Delete
  4. YOU LIKE ORANGE TOO?!?! OMG, AIMEE. YOU WISE BEAN. Everyone I meet hates orange and I doooon't know why. It is the best. (And my favourite is the sort of rusty, dusky orange, omg. <3) Ahem. So yes, I just flailed wildly over orange, but now I'm ready to move forth. *nodnod*
    ALSO I'M GLAD YOU LIKE THE RDJ SHERLOCK MOVIES. They are my favourite and I will pick them over all of the TV shows in a heartbeat. Ahhh, this makes me want to re-watch. :') Perfect procrastination for plotting. Ahem.
    I KNEW YOU WOULD PUT UNWIND IN THIS POST SOMEWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange is just the prettiestttt and I want orange hair now o.o

      Delete
  5. GOSH THIS IS THE SECOND(third?) TIME I'VE BEEN TAGGED FOR THIS I'D BETTER ACTUALLY DO IT

    (also that softball gif is the funniest thing to me because that is totally a thing that would happen when running to home *has played softball and is very Wise and Knowledgeable about these things*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't tagged in this but I might steal it......

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOODLES AND COMPANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    That was my main takeaway, although I usually eat the bisque and not the noodles.

    Also, I like your (maybe) idea for your first tattoo. The message and the style are both really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noodles and Company is my LIFE at this point.I have a thing for mac & cheese. *dies*

      Delete
  8. Ahhhhh, I finally received an Aimmee Meester tag!!! Thank you!
    Also, I had no idea you were so young... now I feel old! Also, also, high five for the Les Mis quote - I personally disagree, but Victor Hugo is INCREDIBLE.
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high fives* Can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  9. Robert Downy Jr. was a great Sherlock. I would never go through with it but a TOP tattoo sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's probably my favorite Sherlock, honestly? I mean, Cumberbatch does a fantastic job, but Victorian Era Sherlock is my favorite always.

      Delete
  10. I should probs do this, too. XD

    Also, great answers, quite humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post, YOU ROCK GIRL. (btw I LOVE your hair!) And, cool tattoo, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're awesome, glad to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dude, your blog is the best. I love your sarcastic attitude and love of reading! And I also love twenty one pilots, Hot Topic and LOST. LOST was my show for like, six years...? Some would say I'm lost without it. #badpun #noshame Anyway, radical post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks so much! Lost is still my show...and the pun is 100% accurate. :P

      Delete
  14. GIRL. Let me know if you find a way to live affordably in NYC because I will be there stat. XD
    But really, that place has my heart, my dreams and who-knows-what-else. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can join me there -- there's no way I'd be able to afford living there on my own, but I NEED TO BE THERE because it is my favorite place.

      Delete
  15. I loved this post, many things made me smile. "HOW COULD YOU" made me laugh XD

    GATSBY is the next important thing I have to say.

    Your hair is so exciting, good for you for getting it done (esp at 15, also I am surprised to discover this is your age, I was imagining you were slightly older!). That tat is lovely. Is it a reference to something?

    Not to plug my own blog, buuut I'm going to shamelessly plug my own blog: I wrote a post about love at first sight in Les Mis which is basically a big big expansion of your answer to that question, so yeah. Pluggy plug.

    Lovely post!

    PS DOWNTON SERIES SIX. I only started watching the programme last August and finished 6 in February. DANG AND DOUBLE DANG. ~sends lots of help~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked this! The tattoo comes from the song Car Radio by Twenty One Pilots -- which is absolutely incredible and worth a listen, by the way.

      Delete
  16. I enjoyed reading this! And I do feel like I got to know you a little better. ^_^

    By the way, this goes without saying, but your hair is really cool. :D Even just the fact that you keep changing the colors. I kind of wish I had dyed my hair more when I was in school, because now I have this corporate-ish job and I can't do that anymore... (drat!) But I have a creative/production company, and I like to think that when I'm doing that full-time one day, I'll just dye my hair blue or purple and be like, "Who's to tell me I can't?? I'M THE CEO." Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Am I the only one who barely knows anything about Hamilton?

    Um...

    Soulmates? I dunno, I feel that they might be real but if they are, it's rare to find them. But some people find their couple when they're a teenager. Like... woahh, that's rare. I'm just worried that I'll dislike they guy I'm supposed to get married too. #annoyingpicky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Everybody,

    Below are the most recommended Bitcoin exchange services (BUY/SELL):
    Coinbase: $1 minimum trade
    CoinMama

    Get free Bitcoins with the best BITCOIN faucet rotator:
    IACBit.org Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg I LOVE HOT TOPIC!!!!! It has AAAALLLLLLLLL the Harry Potter deeds!!!! ��

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.