The March TBR

2:55 PM


Again, a post a day late. Sue me. (I'm working on it.)


So, yes, this will be a recurring thing. hopefully after this I can get the next posts in on time, yeah? Essentially I'll be informing you all of what I'm going to be reading this month. If you want to see me review said things, you can stalk my Goodreads. Let's be friends that way.



Let's talk about books


I've been waiting to get to this. Yassss. It looks like everything I love in books and more. 


CAMP NANO IS NEXT MONTH. For said Camp NaNo, I'll be writing my sci-fi retelling of The Iliad, which I'm pitching as The Iliad meets Star Trek meets Red Rising. I couldn't be more excited about that. So, I'm going to be flailing over this masterpiece again. For, you know, research, and not because I love this story more than I even know how to say.


Will I actually enjoy this? We'll see. I know basically nothing about it. But Ely reviewed it favorably, so I have faith. 


I don't think I need to explain this. 


I am so, so, so very excited for this, and I FINALLY HAVE IT. Yas. 


It's not my genre, I haven't loved the other books by this author (as much as I love her writing), and I know basically nothing about it, so. But I just...can't help it? Let's see how this goes.

What do you want to read this month?

21 comments

  1. I read The Iliad years ago... Too early, methinks, because I didn't enjoy it much. I'd probably appreciate it way more now. My TBR this month includes Cinder, Merlin's Blade (Robert Treskillard), and a chick-lit novel called Paige Turned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's a shame. I adore the Iliad more than I know how to say, as you can probably tell. :) But Cinder is SO GOOD. I hope you love it!

      Delete
  2. *casually adds a couple more books to my TBR after reading this* *cough*

    YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE STARS ABOVE. SO MANY FEEEELS. IT'S AMAZING.

    First thing on my TBR this month is MORNING STAR. WHICH I AM GETTING TODAY. EXCUSE ME WHILE I RUN AROUND THE ROOM SHRIEKING. Besides that, really just whatever I can get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *flails wildly* OH MY GOODNESS MESSAGE ME IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU READ IT. I MUST KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF IT.

      Delete
  3. AAAH I'M GOING TO BE READING STARS ABOVE THIS MONTH TOO YAS.
    Also Red Rising and the rest of the books. Eeeek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH YES WE WILL HAVE ALL THE CHATS ABOUT RED RISING. xD

      Delete
  4. Who knows, I'll probably make a library trip sometime. xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU'RE WRITING THE ILIAD RETELLING

    *screams forever*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OF COURSE I AM I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

      Delete
    2. I'M SO EXCITED OH MY GOSH *you'd better let me read it*

      Delete
  6. I neeeed to read Stars Above. I need to get it. I need to. Gah, I hate being patient about these things. I HOPE YOU LOVE IT AND I HOPE I LOVE IT TOO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION OF STORIES AND YOU MUST READ IT.

      Delete
  7. I'm going to start reading 'Memory, Sorrow and Thorn' by Tad Williams as soon as the first book comes from Amazon. Also I need to read War and Peace, Emma, The Time Machine, The Aenied, Macbeth (and a ton of other Shakespeare plays)...I've basically decided to focus on books I already have but haven't read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read The Catcher in The Rye, A Mad, Wicked Folly, and other stuff. *nods*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catcher in the Rye is the BEST. So angsty, but so good. And I'm not even sure why? *shrugs*

      Delete
  9. After Ely's review I would like to read Not If I See You First. I love Ruta Sepatys, I really want Salt to the Sea!

    I need to get Michael Granted. I've read all the Gone books except the last one (I somehow fell off the end of the series, but I'm going to get them all and binge and it'll be glorious). I'd like to read Front Lines.

    We're halfway through March now, I want to read The Secret Speech (Tom Rob Smith), something classical (Herodotus maybe?) and then THE RAVEN KING OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like Not If I See You First much, but that was more of a personal thing -- maybe you'll like it better!

      Delete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.