Writing Woes (As Told By Marvel)

6:50 PM


Because why write when you could be complaining about writing.


I like writing. I like complaining about how hard writing is, and the struggles that are so real. I also like Marvle. And Marvel gifs. And overusing gifs in general. 

You know where this is going. (gifs are from mcu movies and also netflix's daredevil. because i can.)

Finishing a first draft.
*explosions in background*

When someone tries to tell you how to write your novel. 
protip: don't even do this.

Research. Also procrastinating. 
steve is always accurate.

That one character. 
again, steve.

Word-warring someone who's really fast. 
poor clint, really.
What editing feels like. 
so. tired. (but seriously this whole scene.)

People who ask what your story is about.
except i have no clue what it is. no clue at all. sue me.

"Surely this draft will be better than the last one." 
sigh. 

Writing. Writing in general.
*aggressively dodges responsibilities/deadlines*

So I kind of cheated post-wise today, but like...I've wanted to do this for a while, and it's the last week of school so I'm exhausted and just trying to make stuff work out. Much more cool stuff will come this summer, I promise, and more of it -- including that video with the little bro I promised you! We've just got to find a time to film it because little bro is lazy has baseball all the time. *nodnod*

Aimee out. 

26 comments

  1. I love this, this is fabulous. I love over-using gifs as well and sometimes gifs just explain things better than words could xD I totally relate to the editing one right now, ugh. *cuddles Matt and ignores writing* *cough*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could write entire posts in gifs and not even feel bad about it.

      Delete
  2. I loved laughing at this. But sadly, it's so true. I especially sympathize with the word warring. I'm so slow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the day for me -- lately I have been CRAWLING more than warring and it's kinda pathetic.

      Delete
  3. Overusing gifs is my entire life. But yes, I loved this post so much...it's spot-on! I can relate so much hehe. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to mention which one I find particularly relevant right now, but how about ALL OF THEM. So accurate! Okay, if I did have to narrow it down to just one, I can really relate to the research/Captain America one. Google, you fail me. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I always think the internet will actually be helpful, and then I get distracted and it's just a mess.

      Delete
  5. Yaaaaas! This is an amazing genius post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, yep, yep, especially "Surely this draft will be better than the last one".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love posts like this so much! And they're so true too. Especially the 'second draft' gif. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! People seem to like it so I'm hoping I can do more soon.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I mean, I have to laugh about my pain somehow.

      Delete
  9. This list of gifs is far too accurate! Especially the last one--when you're struggling with your rough draft and it feels like your worst enemy, but when it's over you realize it was actually your best friend all along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, that's...far more accurate than I even intended it to be. Good job. :P

      Delete
  10. HA! This is hilarious! I think my very favorite is the one about developing your plot and Ultron's thoughts on his evil plan. XD Because, you know, that's the kind of thing I'd want to say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *too busy rolling on the floor laughing to make a proper comment*

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.