A Teeny-Tiny Update Thing

9:31 PM


You'll get some longer posts later this week, I promise.

Caroline and me and Katie and bestselling author Jonathan Friesen and Hannah and Laura because we all befriended the author this week and it was awesome.
So. This week happened, somehow, not quite sure why. And it's been a long one. I wanted to update you guys on what went down that I'm still screaming about, just very briefly, to prepare you for the posts coming up soon.

I have not stopped screaming since I got back home. 
still the most accurate gif of all the gifs.

SO. I FLEW IN AND MET KATIE GRACE. KATIE. THE MOST AMAZING HUMAN. SHE IS SO CUTE, YOU GUYS. DISGUSTINGLY CUTE, REALLY.

We befriended Jonathan Friesen, as seen in the first picture, and bribed him with pizza, and bugged him all week. It was awesome. He was so encouraging and supportive.


We also had a long nice lunch with NYT BESTSELLING AUTHORS Jennifer Nielsen (The False Prince), Ally Condie (Matched), and Jacqueline West (Dreamers Often Lie) and discussed babies and tv shows and music that matches characters and basically they were so sweet and real and love and THEY SAID MY WRITING WAS EXCELLENT AND AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL GOODBYE. 

Ally Condie led my track group for speculative fiction writers and she's the funniest and said she loved my character (Elias, for all you Pariah peeps) and I cried. 

We sung Hamilton in the hallways the whole time.

We cuddled and laid on the floor pretty much the whole time and screamed over each other's books. 

and then i went home and ended up in the ER for a while so that was fun but I'm cool now.

As I said, I'll throw more pictures and screaming and productive things about what I learned at you this upcoming week (that might be all you hear this week) but I wanted to let you peeps know that I am, in fact, alive, and Katie and Hannah and Olivia and Caroline and Laura are the best peeps ever and I love them dearly and it was a week I'll remember forever and ever. 

Peace out.

35 comments

  1. UGH THIS POST MAKES ME SO HAPPY.
    You're disgustingly awesome, mah fren.
    what a babe.
    xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness am I jealous or what XD. It looks like you guys had SO much fun! Love all the pictures! (and the gif is awesome *nods*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best! I still can't believe it actually happened.

      Delete
  3. No, definitely not jealous over here. Nope.
    xD GAHH IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD AN AWESOME TIME!! Though, I agree ending up in the ER ain't so fun. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, other than the hospital visit, my week went great.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a blast, I want to meet some authors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I want to be there. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie is disgustingly adorable xD YOUR WEEK SOUNDS AWESOME AND BEING TOLD BY AUTHORS THAT YOUR WRITING IS GREAT IS PROBABLY THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER YEAH?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES AND I WILL SEE YOU THERE NEXT YEAR ANNA I MUST

      Delete
  7. YOUR WEEK SOUNDS AMAZING (except for the ER bit, that sounds less amazing).

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH AIMEE XD YOU WONDERFUL LITTLE THING I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, we can all agree that Katie is disgustingly adorable! It looks like you all had such a great time. How fun to finally meet internet friends. And to be told your writing is awesome by an actual author? Yeah, that's as good as it gets right there. Soak it up! (And stay out of the emergency room!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was definitely a little in awe of the whole thing...it didn't feel like a week that could be real, but there it was.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness how awesome this all looks! And so exciting to meet published authors. Of course they were going to say nice things about your books. I've only seen bits and pieces you've shared, but what I've seen has been AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwh thank you! It meant a lot to me.

      Delete
  11. Hello, Aimee! It sounds like you had an epic time at the conference. :D

    I was wondering if you're going to have another beta-reading round for Pariah. If so, I would love to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely am! You'll find out about that this week. :)

      Delete
  12. Ahhhhh, this post is so happy! :D
    Once upon a time, I went on a writerly retreat, and it looked and sounds remarkably like what you describe here. Maybe writers are just the same everywhere. If so, that's a reason to shed happy tears. ;v; I'm so glad to hear that you found fellowship and encouragement, and that you got to meet those authors and they helped and complemented you. :D
    ps. Sorry to hear about your trip to the ER. O.o I hope you're okay...

    ReplyDelete
  13. mershmaaaa

    *proceeds to repeat 'what a babe' for several hours*

    I MISS YOUUUUU AHSDJLFASDJFELWJKF *hugs all the hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK SO FOR SOME REASON AFTER FOLLOWING YOU ON TWITTER THIS WHOLE TIME I JUST NOW REALIZED THAT YOU ACTUALLY HAD A BLOG????????????????? SO MUCH WASTED TIME. this post is beyond fabulous and feels inducing. (also your blog is named to the barricade and I'm feeling a spiritual connection rn) AND SASS AND GIFS. YES. OK I'LL STOP RANTING BUT WOW. FOLLOWING SO HARD RN.

    ReplyDelete
  15. is being 'disgustingly cute' a good thing or a bad thing, tho? xDD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, it looks like you had an absolute blast and wow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like you had such an awesome time!! I am happy for you. But not about the ER visit. :O Glad that part is over!

    And wow, getting those compliments from authors must have been AMAZING. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.