A Words-Related Tag // Happy Birthday to Me

12:48 PM


Two things today!


Today is, as you may have guessed, my birthday. My 16th birthday. So that's kind of weird and crazy and all sorts of things. (People have already been really sweet about it and made my day, so.) Today I'm going to give you both a pretty tag because I can and a list of things because I also can, so bear with me. 
it's been far too long since this gif has come into play.
We're going to start with a tag -- the lovely Olivia tagged me for the Power of Words tag forever ago and I like it very much so we're gonna get it done. Huzzah!

Favorite letter of the alphabet. my favorite letter is X because no one uses it and I feel for it and like to be a rebel. It just has such a crisp, interesting sound.

Three words that you love. It could be a long list but if I had to choose three... barricade, slink, macabre. i'm normal i swear.

Three words that you hate. There are far fewer words that I hate because I just love words in general, but I will try. Walked, being, like. Those are the three words I use the most in my writing that I wish I DIDN'T use because those awkward sentences will be the death of me, yo. 

If you were to create a word, what would it be + describe? I have always held that steampunkiness is a word. The dictionary says it is not. Sue me. Other than that I really need to find a word for that feeling when you have intense feels over something fictional, but you like the intense pain you get from that fictional thing. Savvy? 

Three favorite punctuation marks. Oh, I love them all. , / ; especially. (I'm not sure the / counts as a punctuation mark. SUE ME. I do what I want.) 

Three of your favorite fonts. Honestly plain ol' Times New Roman is my favorite forever because it makes sense to me and I have to stare at it all day! I really like Bebas Neue and Julius Sans One, though. Look at me and my fancy font titles. 
pretty, aren't they?
One word that means a lot to you. "wait" because I am not good at that at all but it is a thing I'm working on, slowly but surely, and something that God's certainly teaching me. 

If you could change the way one word sounded what would it be and how would it sound? Yikes, this is hard. But you know the word "Arkansas"? How about we say that the way it LOOKS? Wouldn't that make more sense to everyone? Maybe? Sigh. 

Favorite word that starts with the first letter of your name. Admittedly I do not like many "A" words but Awakening is such a pretty, mysterious word and also the name of one of my favorite Switchfoot songs so there. *nodnod*

Well, that was gloriously fun, and I just really like words, so huzzah for that! Thank you, Olivia! And now... 


//Some Birthday Thank-Yous//

Look at this, you guys. 16 years of life here. I MADE IT THIS FAR. That's cause for a celebration, yeah? But I wouldn't have made it this far on my own, and today I wanted to stop and think about all the things that have shaped me, all the things and people and places that mean a lot. So here are some of them.

Mom and dad. Like seriously, oh my gosh. You guys are the best. You've been such great examples and loved me and put up with my weirdness and that is excellent. 

The gift of grace. God is good and loving, y'all, even when I definitely don't deserve it, and I'm figuring that out more and more every day. 

The library. How much more of an explanation does this need? 

All of you. seriously. I have so many internet frens now and you all make my day. We've laughed and cried and flailed together. Group hug.

Stories. Stories in general. I love them more every day. 

Pariah. I hate you, you big mess of a novel. But I also love you. you're teaching me a lot. 

Every single day of all 16 years. Let's face it, I literally would not be here if not for you and all the stuff that went down. Just practically. 

Neal Shusterman. Thanks for makin' me cry and think about myself as a person, you brilliant writer and excellent jerkface.

Basically: thank you all so much for being here. For putting up with me. For being awesome. 

Love you.

34 comments

  1. Happy birthday!!!!!! Ooh, 16 in 2016. Fun. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you! It's always made remembering my age easy.

      Delete
  2. Awww! That was sweet and fun! AND I LOVE THE GIFS.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! I hope that it is fantastic. I love reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! Your blog is beautiful and wonderful and you. rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday *Hi fives for being sixteen* This tag is so cool and you should eat a lllll the cake and you're awesome (except for your taste in words)(not really, macabre is amazing). I used to think Arkansas was arkansauce until I realised it was arkansaw. Yeah (oopsies) I like all that stuff you're thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? it's the most fun tag and it means I get to rant about Arkansas which is something I do quite a lot. xD

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! And your sweet 16, too. That's really exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OKAY OKAY OKAY QUICK QUESTION: HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT YOUR BLOG UNTIL TODAY??? this is just not right, obvs. <3 GAHHHH HELLO AIMEE AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY SAID THAT ON TWITTER I THINK. *hugs and copious waffles*

    ALSO THE WORD TAAAAG. <3 yay! YOU'RE SO RIGHT ABOUT THE LETTER X. It's so unloved haha xD but it does have an interesting sound. ALSO I GET YOU WITH THE HATEST WORDS THING. HONESTLY I HATE ALL THE WORDS I KNOW I USE TOO MUCH IN MY MANUSCRIPTS WAAA. *all the weeping emojis*

    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Aimee, Happy Birthday...you get the idea ;)

    So far I have only been following your blog a short time, but you seem awesome! I just hope that you continue getting awesomer every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! Thanks so much for following. <3

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday, Aimee! May you enjoy much happiness and steampunkiness over the next year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I intend do. *hoards all the steampunky things*

      Delete
  9. happy birthday (late?) Aimee! Or maybe I should say sweet sixteen? idk. But have a great year of exciting things and books. And writing. And all that Jazz.

    (Bebas Neue is a beautiful font)

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! *gives you cake*

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday! Enjoy being 16, man. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duuude enjoy 16! It's awesome. XD Also I might use that birthday thank yous idea when it's my birthday... would you mind? :) :) :) :) << (extra smileys insead of puppy eyes) Also happy birthday. Since somehow I missed saying that first. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss go for it! It was a neat idea I had and it worked well. Thanks so much! *hands out cake*

      Delete
  12. Happy (belated) Sweet 16, Aimee! Also, Awakening was the song that convinced me I needed to explore Switchfoot. :D And steampunkiness should definitely become a thing. *thumbs up*
    -Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What they hey? You're younger than I am? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday! Love you too! *hugs* Grace, wait, macabre. I'm not sure I should have used all of those words in the same line, but I agree 100% with what you had to say about them. All the luck to you in your following years. As far as I can tell, life only gets better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! This is such a sweet post. I loved your answers for the word tag. Awakening is a great great word. Also "wait". Love that. And it'd be great if Arkansas could be less difficult for this confused British girl ... !!

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.