The June TBR

7:00 AM


I won't have a chance to read a ton this month due to social things (wow, lookit that) but I have some I want to get to anyway.


As always if you wanna stalk my bookish exploits you can follow my Goodreads account, but here are some of the books I'm hoping to get to this month. 


Because my goal for the rest of this year is to read more poetry and make my brain smarter and this is what I snatched from the library this time. I know very little about poetry.


I have heard very excellent things and very bad things about this book, and I am going to try it anyway, because I picked it up and it sounds vaguely interesting and I want to know what it's all about. I do what I want. 


Allllll the writing books this summer, too. Gotta educate myself. I want to read more non-fiction about a variety of things now, and this seemed like a good place to start? (I also have Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott at the moment. I've heard great things about that one.)


Let's see how this one goes down? I know nothing about it but I'm here for sci-fi. 


A re-read of what happens to be one of my favorite books of all time! But this time I'll be re-reading it with my lovely frens Katie and Amanda, because I'm forcing them to read it in the first place. So there will be lots of screaming and flailing and tears and trauma.
ah, yes, moriarty, the king of evil plans. he approves i guess.

What are you reading lately? Do you have any favorite poets? (I like the newer ones that are weird and do not rhyme, personally.)

13 comments

  1. Right now I'm reading The Missing series by Margaret Peterson Haddix. This woman is turning into one of my favorite authors. That twist at the end of Found. o.o I'm on the third book now and reallyyyy hoping that the last book in the series has only been checked out by somebody else rather than my library not having it. Because that would stink.
    Also, that guy on the Unwholly cover looks like he should be a Jedi or something. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I've enjoyed lots of books of hers! It's been a while, though...

      Delete
  2. I've been reading War of the Worlds and War and Peace. They're both good, though War and Peace is about as long as Les Mis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. War of the Worlds is SO. GOOD. I love it dearly. And War and Peace is totally on my list...

      Delete
  3. Funnily enough, I'm actually reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou! It's really good, so I have to imagine her poetry will be equally delightful. :) I hope you enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I need to read that! She definitely has a way of using words that I appreciate very much. It makes me feel smarter.

      Delete
  4. POETRY IS LOVELY ALWAYS AND FOREVER. <3 waaa i wish i could write it like some people can... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choices, I should read some poems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read more because I admire it so much but I can't necessarily do it myself. xD

      Delete
  6. Hi!!

    I have not heard of any of those books, (except Unwholly. That one hurt ;-;) but I hope you much enjoy them!

    I'm reading Inferno by Dante right now. It's from the 1300's, so no, it is not new poetry. I quiet enjoy it, but I still only understand like 25% of it without help and 50% of it with sparknotes. XD It's my first attempt ever at actually reading a book of poetry.

    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Inferno is the most depressingly glorious thing -- I just read it for school, too.

      Delete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.