Getting Back To Life // Beach Pictures

12:49 PM


HAPPY MONDAY.


I know, I know, "happy Monday" isn't really something you want to say. Monday is not happy. Monday is a tragedy, really. But we might as well make the best of it. And since I'm going headlong into a long week, having come back from vacation yesterday, I figured I'd throw some refreshing pictures at you and talk about life. About getting back into the grind of things. 
it me
For the past week I've been in South Carolina, Edisto Island to be specific, enjoying the beach. It's an incredible tiny beach town with marsh and water and cute restaurants and a cute beach house and plenty of places to walk and basically I love every part of it. It makes my soul happy. It leaves me refreshed. It's gorgeous. sorry about the grainy quality of my iphone pictures.

sunrise @edisto -- actually the loveliest place on earth 
sometimes you can see dolphins out here and all the time you can be charmed by the beautiful waves. 
more sunrise pictures -- it meant getting up early but i have no regrets. 
i am a wee bit in love with the marsh and i'm not even ashamed to admit it.

BOTANY BAY THO. a wild untamed beach.

pretty shells. and an indie coffee shop we went to that was tucked over a tackle shop right over the water???
Am I sad to leave this behind and get back to normal life? Yes. But I'm feeling refreshed. Energized. Ready. all that will be gone before long. But also... 


I AM NOW EMPLOYED! I get to make/serve/take orders for pasta at Noodles & Company and I kind of could not be more excited. 

Because pasta. 

Basically there's a lot of crazy new stuff coming up in my life. And I don't know if I'm ready yet. 

But I'm gonna tackle it head-on anyway.

What do you have planned for your week?

19 comments

  1. WHOA. Botany Bay is kind of incredible-looking. I think I'm in love.
    Congrats on the job! Have you started? I've got to get a job soon, since my summer job ended back in August (already put in a bunch of applications but nothing's come through yet) and I'm kind of dragging my feet, blahh. It's not that I'm lazy, I'm just hesitant about the whole new-thing-new-people idea. Partly because I'm the most awkward human being. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK I agree about the new-thing-new-people thing, Emily. Awkward human beings unite XD.

      Delete
    2. I'm in love with it too...and I start my job tomorrow! I'm really excited. It does take a while to get everything worked out, though, and it's not the most fun in the world. I'm sure I'll be ridiculously awkward.

      Delete
  2. Edisto is so lovely! We went last year. I have a little basket of shells and such that I collected from there that sits on my desk. Glad you had a good vacation!
    I'm basically just doing school at this point. I need a job, but I also need to finish the 40-something-page-long literary comparison paper that's been looming over me all year, so yeaaahh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I've never met anyone else who has been! I'm glad you enjoyed it too. And good luck with school stuff...that's always intimidating.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the job! That's awesome!

    That beach looks amazing and beautiful. ^_^

    My plans for this week include lots of homework, classes, reading, church activities, and pooosibly posting on my blog if I ever find the time.
    I might also be learning something about violins, and I'm excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a good break! That location looks really nice too. :) And congratulations on your job! I hope it goes well for you, and yes to pasta. :) Your upbeat attitude is inspiring too - you go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you have a good rest of your week. :D

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, that looks like an awesome place to vacation. I'm so glad life things are going well for you. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I think I found the beginning setting for my next book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those pictures are gorgeous wow! I freaking love taking pictures on beaches. Im jealous. wish I was there.

    I hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go sometime -- it's absolutely stunning there. I loved it, as usual.

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, I love Edisto!! It's the best. <3
    AHHH you're working at a pasta shop?? That's like, the most amazing job ever. Great, now I want pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, that beach looked so lovely <3 And how come so many people have jobs? When can I get one? *cries*

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.