I'm Lazy So Here's A Bunch of Havard Snippets

7:00 AM


Long story short: it's been a long week, I'm exhausted, I have a bunch of snippets I'm proud of now that I'm halfway through Havard, and I'm going to proceed to throw them at you to hopefully appease you people and not leave you hanging without a post at all.
Image result for i tried gif

I'm 53k of the way through now -- a little more than halfway -- and I've had too many bumps and bruises so far. Wrong plot points, awkward writing, all the things that make you want to quit. I've just started to get into the swing of things for real, and remember why I love this thing so darn much.

Here are some of the reasons:

because explosions.

because horrifying experiments. 
because Saija, who has no chill and I love her for it.

because Jeppe being a hero of a nurse.

because i love this setting to death and I will not apologize for it.


because i'm a fan of weird formatting and i get to use it // also because driving motorcycles into freezing lakes is fun to write about, somehow.
because...i don't really have an answer for this scene, let's be real.

It's a difficult book. It's intense and personal and I expect too much out of it at the moment. But it's also fun, and gives me a chance to play around with things, and I'm glad I'm doing it.

That's basically all.

9 comments

  1. I was sooo excited when I saw the title of this post, haha. This book looks absolutely amazing, and like it might emotionally destroy anyone who reads it.
    Something about that one bit-"Don't shoot him, please, he's not-he didn't do anything, it's my fault, don't shoot him."-really jumped out and kind of hurt my soul. I can't pinpoint why, because I really don't know much about the context. Anyway, these are all so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH I loved these, Aimee! You have a great writing style! Plus your style is different, which is awesome. Different writing style is always awesome *nods*. (also COOL FORMATTING *gives this thumbs up*)

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. *screaming*

    thank you for this
    i love this book
    i love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such lovely imagery <3 good luck on the rest of your draft!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Take your shirt off or I'll take it off for you!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS IS SO GOOD HOW DO I EVEN AHSHSJSJS YOURE SO TALENTED AND YOUR DESCRIPTIONS ARE O NICE AND GRITTY GIVE ME YOUR STYLE PLS

    http://fangirlingmaxima.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with this novel! Please post more snippets in the future.

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.