november wrap-up // in which nano exhausts me

10:14 AM


We made it.

Last month was busy. This month did not slow down. (If anything, it sped up.) I've been hustling, I think, and while I felt like I could have done more (don't i always?) I have to admit...I did a lot, y'all. I wrote all the words. I worked on that podcast, more on that soon. I consumed more books yay! Winter is coming and that's depressing, but I'm more ready to punch it in the face.

More than anything else, NaNo happened. Y i k e s. 


Admittedly, it's strange not having the free time I used to enjoy. I don't have large blocks of time off anymore, and lately it's felt like between a job, driving siblings places, and all the other things, I'm out of the house more often than I'm in the house. I expected this as I got older. Obviously. I just didn't expect that I would enjoy it so much. I'm tasting independence -- running my own life, working to support myself, having to manage all my time myself -- and I'd be lying if I said that doesn't feel awesome. 

I really like living life. 

Having job is one of the best things ever, not gonna lie. Beyond the obvious having money part of it it's a reason to get out, move around, and talk to people I might not have otherwise. I'm learning a lot about managing time, having a good attitude, working hard, etc. That's valuable. Very valuable. Working hard is paying off. Always a good thing. 

Beyond that...there's a certain strange freedom to realizing that I'm a big step closer to where I want to be and I'm in a place to start getting into careers and shaping what I want to be one day. I have time to be creative. I have the ability to be creative. There are so many ideas in my head this month and I want to execute all of them. And more than that, I can execute some of them now, or at least start to! Life is opening up in a thousand different ways. I'm ready to start walking through doors. 

What about schoolwork? You ask me. Don't get me started on schoolwork. I'm...I'm doing my best, yeah? 

I worked hard at things this month. It paid off. 
Image result for working hard gif
AGGRESSIVELY TYPE ALL THE THINGS.

I FEEL LIKE I DESERVE AN AWARD FOR THIS. 

This month, I coordinated a guest post of epic proportions. (Abbiee posted and it was glorious.) I only missed one posting day. I worked on refining the schedule and posting the kind of posts I actually enjoy writing, and bringing the blog in the direction I think it should go. I was, dare I say it, consistent. 

Some things are going to change around here, especially getting closer to the new year. I'm streamlining the blog design -- no major changes, but I'm still fiddling with the tabs up there and some of the design aspects. I'll now be posting on Tuesdays and Saturdays only, with a few exceptions every so often, so as to give people more of a chance to comment and see the posts. Very rarely do I write posts I actually care about, so I'm working on post content and taking this blog in the right direction. I think it will start to be a little different around here. I think I'm okay with that. I'm also going for more comments/interaction/etc. on each post, and hopefully some of the above changes will help with that! I want to talk to you guys more and produce quality things that I'm not just throwing out at the last possible second. hah.

I actually read books this month! Still behind on the Goodreads goal, but I'll get there. I have a whole month left. *screams quietly* 

some favorites!

IRON FIST. IRON FIIIST. In preparation for the upcoming Netflix show (yasss) I realized that Matt Fraction and David Aja, the creators of my favorite Hawkeye comics, made one for Iron Fist too! It's very well-done, the art is stunning, and it's a great superhero read. Jekyll/Hyde was a school read, but...dang, guys, it's insane. AND GEMINA. GEMINAAAA. 

I don't know what to say about Gemina other than read it because if you have the stomach for the insanity you will not regret it. still in love with that format forever and always. 

You've heard me complain about my NaNo project all. Month. Long. Therefore, I won't subject you to more. You know what I've gone through. 

If you missed that, you can check out the weekly updates that chronicle how the heck I wrote this month, ft. snippets. (Click on the image and you will be linked to the post. #tech)

this post
this post 
this post
this post

I watched Parks and Rec this month, despite NaNo going down. 

That's right. Parks and Rec. 

As in, all of Parks and Rec. 
Image result for parks and rec gif
me @ the show
That's pretty much all I did fandom-wise, because with NaNo and life, there wasn't much room for anything else. I can't call it my favorite show ever, but as shows go...this one is 100% delightful and occasionally feelsy and there's Chris Pratt so there's that.
Image result for andy dwyer gif
me at the end of this month because #exhaustion

Basically...was I busy? Yes. Did I go a little insane? Also yes. Goodbye. 

what did you do this month? did you survive nano, or like me, did you die? did you not do nano and just end up laughing at me this whole month? #talktome

23 comments

  1. This month was some writing and a lot of schoolwork and some reading and a fair bit of blogging and mostly me realising that I'm applying to US universities? (I'm a confused person who took a looooooooong time to decide this) and that it gets dark and some people aren't my friends and there are concerts? and the SAT on saturday? and I have to do primary research which is scary? So yeah.... I wrote 5000 words of *a project* and a bunch of side things and assignments...but my novel writing is in bad shape. Also my parents abandoned me. yay for a month of cool air and wanton skies, I guess?
    Shanti @ Virtually Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh all the schoolwork. *stabs it and sends hugs because life*

      Delete
  2. November was an interesting month for me.....but I guess if you want details you'll have to go read my November Happenings post on my blog. *evil laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all: FREAKING PARKS AND REC IS THE BEST TV SHOW EVER. Andy is my favorite.

    Second: GEMINA KILLED ME. I AM DEAD. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO FUNCTION. I also really like all caps, as you can probably tell. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. your posts are wonderful and so enjoyable to read it's ridiculous (PS UR NOVELS SNIPPETS HAVE ME DEAD OK)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY HAVE LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE DEAD TOO IT'S ALL GREAT

      Delete
  5. I loved reading this post! I attempted doing NaNo this year, but we moved in the middle of November and the computer wasn't set up for like two weeks after that so I figured and kind of knew in the back of my mind that I wasn't going to win it. BUT oh well. AND YES I agree with you the growing up part. It's crazy how there's more responsibility but yet there's freedom with that too. LIKE I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adulting is scary, man, scary. I don't even know.

      Delete
  6. I wish I had the chance to do NaNo this year! That's also known in my state as exam month, though, so that's unlucky. Maybe exams will finish earlier next year? I hope.

    I understand what you mean about getting used to independence. It's such a great feeling of freedom. I always thought becoming an adult was about getting weighed down with more reponsibilites. But I think if we play it right, we can also enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PARKS AND REC IS MY FAVORITE SHOW!!!

    Im glad you loved it like I do. that show kills me. every. time.

    Also I so agree with loving feeling like an adult because me too man. although with my work ending (because it was seasonal.) Im feeling like...trapped. lol. but dude growing up is awesome. Im glad you're seeing it as the awesome thing it is. most people, sadly, do not. so yay for enthusiasm!

    you did a lot this month. nice job friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of the funniest show??? And I love it very much because ANDYYYY.

      Delete
  8. Yess, Parks and Rec! Honestly, this month has been a mess. I'm still trying to get my life together, and I don't have a job because I'm focusing on getting my major academic things out of the way this semester. I haven't adulted a lot, and that stresses me out because I REALLY need to be more independent, but I have no idea what I'm doing, and because we live in the middle of nowhere, I don't have my license. Not to mention the fact that I still don't know how to manage money at all, and my parents haven't exactly helped. I've been super unproductive, overwhelmed, and lazy. However, I'm alive, my friends are great, and, believe it or not, I'm still doing better than I was at the beginning of the year. So I'm okay (except it's finals week so that's not okay at all). I'm just slowly working to get it together and figure things out. You are so inspiring to me, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, life is crazy. *sends all the caffeine and chocolate*

      Delete
  9. This entire year has been exhausting. Fun (at least up until Election Day), but exhausting. I honestly can't wait for Christmas and New Year.
    I love Parks and Rec! I haven't been watching much TV this month, thanks to schoolwork, but I have been reading more, which is nice. Right now I'm finishing up The Trespasser by Tana French. It's really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just waiting for the Christimas break now...I need life to slow down. Just a lil. o.o

      Delete
  10. I am literally convinced that you are a superhero, because you are one of the most productive people I've ever seen. How on earth did you work, do school, write over 90K, and watch Parks and Rec????? TEACH ME YOUR AMAZING WAYS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAFFEINE. AND INSANITY. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

      Delete
  11. CRAZINESS. Wow. How did you get to that much stuff? I think I died. But I'm not sure?

    I guess I need to see Park and Rec now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I...I honestly don't know how I did all the things. Screaming, probably.

      Delete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.