just a couple of things // what's going on off-line7:00 AM
I don't know, I don't talk about my life/me very often? So here's an update on the wonderful world of Aimee.
a terrifying place to be, let's be real.
|this is a bad picture, taken by me. #livinontheedge|
Look, I'm not good at lifestyle stuff and I don't have any cool song quotes and all the pictures I take on my outdated iPhone are grainy trash so here we go with a list of things. Random things. Consider them as lil snapshots, Instagram posts in words, things I would have captured about my life lately if I had my phone at the time or took more pictures in general.
- me and one of my younger brothers laughed through a neon-lit sorta grimy dollar theater and bought a bunch of candy boxes instead of popcorn and basically inhaled sugar and caffeine while laughing over that fantastic beasts movie. he loves harry potter stuff and i've never cared for it but i had fun with this one. (it was all rainy and gross outside afterward, so we got burgers and more caffeine. and got wet. sigh.).
- my coworkers like to play the most artfully awful mashups of various pop songs after we close. it's hard to focus on doing dishes when you're listening to uptown funk/bring me to life and also when you're laughing hysterically but there's something pretty great about cry-laughing with coworkers in an empty restaurant at 10:30 at night. (i had an energy drink so that probably didn't help.)
- i'm making my way through parks and rec for the third time. it brings me a lot of joy, even though i can probably quote all the episodes and jokes by heart this time around. the other day it was a sunday afternoon and i curled up in blankets, ignored the rain, and binge-watched a billion episodes.
- i already mentioned work, but lots of work. it wears me out and makes my hands feel weird, but i like the feeling of walking into work and slipping into the back and saying hi to my coworkers and clocking in and having inside jokes about customers who came in two weeks ago. they bought me gluten free cake the other day. we hid in the back and ate some and all agreed it was decent. (i mean, it had chocolate in it.)
- valentine's day was strange and a little bit upsetting for unknown reasons, but i also had breakfast with a very good fren and we took up a booth for at least three hours because we started talking about daredevil and jessica jones and all things heroism. nothing like getting weird looks from the people across from you because you're heatedly discussing superhero shows.
- i read the rogue one novelization. i bawled my eyes out halfway through. i had to put the book down and lay on the floor and let it all out, which sounds stupid, but some words just mean things and some characters make you want to live a little better and i felt achy and breathless and tired all that night with a little hint of panic but thinking about rogue one helped a lot.
- lots of tight-chest-feeling and laying on the floor watching the bottom of the wall and thinking about too much or not a lot. but i always get up, get water, put on socks, eat ice cream/chocolate/popcorn and watch something stupid afterward until it's time to sleep.
- sitting weird in a desk chair way too late at night and pounding out words that are messy and not plot relevant and don't make sense and aren't good, but are words that i'm enjoying. there's something great about writing something that isn't pariah. there's something better about remembering how much you love a story, even if it's a mess right now.
- a lot of work. a lot of potential. a lot of weirdness. sometimes, though, just sitting outside when it's still cold to do that, listening to really annoying birds, and annotating a Lemony Snicket book. that's the good stuff.
|this is an awkward picture of my face. #hipster|