the aimee will return...in june

11:28 AM


I know what you're thinking.

"She hasn't even been blogging lately! She's been posting every once in a while and missing more days than not and apologizing for it and then doing the same thing! She keeps promising that she's going to post more and then not doing the thing. What's wrong with her?" 

This goes back to me falling out of line with the blogging community. Falling out of touch with this blog. I don't know what it is anymore, I don't know what it's about, I don't know what I'm doing. But I want to figure it out, and I want to get back to this.

I think some things are going to majorly change. Maybe it'll involve a new look for the blog, maybe a fresh start in other ways. I'm working on that right now. But there are going to be some major shifts over this summer...and that's okay. I'm going to turn this into the thing I want it to be, something that better reflects who I am now and the thoughts I want to broadcast to the world. (I don't want to be boxed in by the things that I used to do and feeling like I need to keep that up.) We're going to restart and keep going, and maybe I'll lose some people along the way...but I want this to be a part of my journey and my process and who I am, and right now it's just not what I want it to be.

So...no more posts until I feel good about what I'm posting, until I feel like I'm going in the right direction.

The blog shall re-launch in June. I promise you that.

#aimeeout

12 comments

  1. You do what you gotta do, friend. But I'm glad that you're not axing the whole blog, because I'd miss your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please do whatever it takes to get your blog in a place where you're happy to be here again! I haven't been reading it for all that long but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you want to do you. So yes, revamp the blog if that's part of doing you. I promise you won't lose me as a follower because even though I don't always agree with your opinion, it's really nice to be able to hear another opinion on these topics. So yah, I'll be sticking around to see how it turns out.

    You do you, Aimee. 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss your posts, but I'm glad you've decided to do what it takes to get back in touch with your blog and stuff. Hope you have a wonderful month (or however long)! I'll be sticking around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for you:) You go, girl. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's perfect. You do what you need to do. Take some time off, focus, breathe, don't feel obligated to blog, please. Know you will be missed of course, but we're happy that you're doing what you need to do. And when you return, it'll be exciting! You rock, Aimee!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's absolutely okay to take a break! I mean, I've taken ALL of May off from blogging. Sometimes we just need to step back for a bit. And I've actually been rethinking my content and wanting to produce better posts, so I get where you're coming from.

    I'll desperately miss the brilliant Aimee posts, but I so admire you for taking the time off you need. I hope you have a wonderful break! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. take your time! i'll miss your awesome posts, but i understand completely. i'm sure whatever you come back with will be epic. i hope you have a lovely break full of good music and writing and taking good care of your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do you :)) Can't wait for whatever you decide to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can totally relate. As we grow and change, it's hard for our blogs to keep up. I've been figuring out who I am as a blogger as well this year. It's good to experiment and make your blog the best it can be and something you can be proud of. Good luck! See ya in June! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. do what you gotta do kid. I'll be here when you return

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you! Can't see what you come up with next :)
    <3 Lizzy

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.