you're going to want to read this one...

7:00 AM


Hey, guys. It's been a minute.


I told you I would be back in June, didn't I? And here I am, decidedly not back in June. Sorry about that. But...I think I have some good reasons. 

This is a weird one to write. It's weird because I've been thinking about it for like two and a half months now, and I've finally decided to do it. It's weird because I've never done this before. It's weird because I could take this lots of different ways and say lots of different things, but I've decided to keep this short. It's weird because...it kinda feels like quitting, and making the decision even when I tell myself I'm sure of it is a bit of stressful one. 

HOLD ON HOLD ON I CAN SEE THE PANIC IN YOUR EYES DON'T PANIC IT'S GONNA BE OKAY. 

It's time for this blog to come to an end.

There. I've just said it, so now we can all let the shock pass through our systems and take a deep breath (@me) and go from here. 

I've had this blog since late 2014. Weird, right? I was 14 years old and didn't know what I was doing, and it was a crazy journey. Now it's 2017 and I'm the Dancing Queen and I have 177 GFC followers and who knows how many else on email and bloglovin and all that good stuff. There are people who read and look forward to the things I say. I just released a sci-fi fiction podcast and I'm getting amazing responses, all because I built a following from this little blog and the people who wanted to read my words. 

But

(that's a scary but. bear with me, y'all.) 

It's not me anymore. 

I don't have any regrets with this blog. I don't regret a single post, even the awkward ones I wouldn't write or post today. They're a road-map of Past Aimee, and it's kinda adorable, isn't it? It's four years of my thought processes and struggles and growth. I can see myself grow up and do exciting new things in these posts. Even if you don't see all of that, it's familiar to me, which is just...pretty strange, if we're being honest. But I'm not Past Aimee anymore. I'm Now Aimee, and that's a whole different scary demon. 
see i still love my gifs tho
For a while now I've struggled with being disconnected with this blog, and I think there's a reason for that. It's a perfectly good little blog, but it's no longer a reflection of who I am, and what I want to talk about, and of course it's going to be awkward for me to still try to fit into those perimeters. They're too small for me now. 

SO. (Are you still panicking? Pull yourself together.) 

This does not mean the end of Aimee's Opinions. Not at all. If anything, this is... A BEGINNING. *the dramatic sci-fi music swells.) Because, you see... 

This blog is coming to an end, but I'm starting up somewhere new! 

I won't be giving up blogging! As you read this I am in the process of creating a brand-new blog, a fresh start, one that will better show you the Aimee who is now and allow me to share my thoughts. It'll be a little bit different, but that's okay, I think. (And if you're not into that you can unfollow me and it's cool and no hard feelings, you probably are here for a specific thing and I'm sorry I can't give that anymore.) This brand new blogspace will be more life-y, more introspective, more controversial, still snarky, less gif-y, probably. I'll be talking about words and stories and the insides of my brain, which is terrifying, I know, but I think you'll enjoy it. I want a place for deeper and more serious thoughts. 

As of now, there won't be a posting schedule. I'll post posts when I have posts to post. Which is scary, but I actually think it'll result in me posting more, since I won't have the #pressure. So that's cool. As we speak I'm drafting up posts and ideas and I think you're going to like them. 

Again: if you're really attached to this blog, to the thing I had going here, I'm sorry to leave you hanging. And I'm so, so glad you came on this journey with me. All of you, actually! Since I started this blog I've been given more faithful readers than I deserve and it's encouraged me always. I've read every single one of your comments. Probably not replied to them, because I'm trash at that. But I've read them. I've met good, great, best friends through this blog. Every single one of you mean so much to me, and I'm so, so glad you decided to read these words, for some reason. 

I'm really hoping you'll stick with me for this next step. (Did I mention that I'll also have a professional website too? Because I'll have a professional website too.) The website, the blog, everything will go live on Tuesday, August 1st, and I'll post everything about that on here then. Until then, if you want to stalk this podcast thing I made...that's right here. 

Love you guys. 





34 comments

  1. sounds like i'll love the new blog just as much as this one - maybe more ;) also if that crossed-out controversial means more like your Christian genres post then I AM 100% ON BOARD FOR THAT. gonna check out that podcast soon. i bet it's amazing. good luck polishing off the blog and website (!!!) for release :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also i really applaud you for your courage and self-awareness to realize this about this blog. it's so special how you've gained followers and friends, and that you can look back and see your 'life story' in a sense through your posts. looking forward to joining you over at the new blog. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! And yes...there will be many more posts like that. I'm excited. thanks for the support <3

      Delete
  2. At first I was like WHAT NO O.O but now I'm like YESSSSS <3

    Girl, this is exactly why I love you! Your honesty and awesomeness and bravery. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I thought that was all I had to say on the matter BUT NO XD Seriously, I 1000% approve of this and usually I'm really miffed when people move around or stop blogging or whatever.

      But can I just say that I love the way you're dedicated to starting fresh? Not wiping this blog clean, but leaving it as a little time capsule. Risking your fan base here with your determination to be true to you. Even past you. That's pretty awesome.

      Also the part where you promised more of the stories from your brain!! I really look forward to that :D And also everything Andrea said about your controversial posts. I respect you so much for those! <3

      Best of luck with the details, Aimee! See you August 1 ;)

      Delete
    2. Ahhh I'm so glad you're with me! I was *this* close to just deleting and moving on, but I really do like the thing I've created here, and it seems like a shame to lose it when I'm sure I'll want to go back and see it someday.

      Delete
  3. Aimee, thank you so much for all of the wonderful posts on this blog. You've encouraged me so much through all of your posts here. I look forward to reading your new one that's more "you"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being a faithful reader and a friend! <3

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this blog Aimee! I can't wait for your new one, but so you know, this blog helped me a lot with my own blogging. You inspired me and encouraged me, probably without knowing, to keep blogging and being more open on my blog and be more of myself and trying new things. I always look forward to your posts and I can't wait for more on your new blog. (Also I LOVE The Bright Eyes Project and I am so excited for the next episode!)

    Down The Rabbit Hole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Aimee. I kinda "followed" your blog here while you were on your June break but before that I went into the archives and just about read every. Single. Post. So do not worry I will stalk you at your new place and I just wanted to say I enjoyed this blog of yours immensely :D

    Lisa
    thisinkwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay! Can't wait to have you over at the Brand New Blog I Can't Reveal Yet.

      Delete
  6. I love this. I love it when bloggers give themselves the grace to change or redirect. I think in some ways that's really what blogging is all about. It's a safe outlet where you can grow up, change, and become you. <3 I think it's great that you're letting yourself do that - and I can't wait to read your new thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a difficult thing to allow myself to do it, but I think it's the right move, so I'm excited. Thank you for all the love and support and amazingness!

      Delete
  7. I think it's exciting that your starting a new one, everyone outgrows things. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Change and growth are terrifying, but literally one of the best things in this life. It's been awesome watching you grow, and I can't wait to see where God takes you in this new season of life. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for this next stage in your life, and I can't wait to see how it all develops. Change may be scary, but it's important and good, so go you! This blog has been a wonderful encouragement and inspiration to me the past couple years. Good luck with this next stage! Also, that Bright Eyes pilot was outstanding,

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what Aimee, this is why I like following your blog because you. are. real. You don't try to be fake and you don't try to make everything seem perfect and happy when it's not. So kudos to you for being real.

    I'm so happy that you're not entirely giving up blogging and I can't wait to see what happens on this new and probably crazy adventure. I'll stick around to see what happens cause I'm weird like that.

    Also, I listened to the first episode of the podcast and I LOVE IT WHEN IS THE NEXT EPISODE?!? I FELL IN LOVE WITH MILO (that's his name right? It's been a little while since the 10th...) AND I LOVE THE RAW AND HONEST EMOTIONS AND FEARS THAT YOUR MC HAS. IT'S SO GREAT AND I CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. (See what I did there? Instead of see, I said hear cause *cough cough* podcast *cough*)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so brave and honest, Aimee! I absolutely admire this decision! I've actually thrown around the idea of doing the same at some point in my life. I love my blog, but I've definitely grown in the 6 years I've had it. o.o It would be nice to one day have a fresh start.

    But, girl, all your deep and controversial posts are my FAVE. I am super looking forward to your new blog and having more brilliant Aimee posts in my life.

    I'm really excited for you and admire your decision! I think it's all going to be wonderful. ^_^

    (Also, I MUST LISTEN TO YOUR PODCAST!!!! I keep meaning to but Life has not allowed it. BUT I NEED TO. *flails*)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Proud of you for being brave enough to move on! And thanks for leaving this blog behind. I really have appreciated what you've done here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOOD FOR YOU FOR BEING BRAVE, AIMEE. Moving on is brave, and change is brave, and girl, you're doing BOTH. Good for you, Aimee.

    I MIGHT have low-key freaked out for a moment when you said you were stopping ("WHAT? No more epic snarky Aimee-posts??"), but then IT WAS ALL OKAY xD. I'm excited for the new blog to go live!

    (also BRIGHT EYES <3 <3 <3 I have never liked podcasts, but B.E. has changed my mind about them - the first episode was amazing, you are SO TALENTED, and whyyyy must be wait so long for the next episode?? xD I can't wait to listen to episode 2!)

    ~ Savannah | Scattered Scribblings

    ReplyDelete
  14. I applaud your honesty and I can't wait to see what you come up with in your new space. I will absolutely follow you to whichever URL because the day your stories finally come out onto shelves as books is the day my life is made. Until then, I am obsessing over your podcast and hopefully that will content me. :P
    See you August!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so so crazy excited for you and proud of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love you for this. Im excited for all the new things ahead <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. AAAh i'm vv excited for your new blog, it's great that you're always trying to be more honest with yourself and make sure that whatever you put out is true to YOU! good luck for your new blog, and expect me there too! At the same time, I'll probably come back to read a few of your old posts on this blog, just because I enjoyed them and they inspired me so much. much love and support. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for all the great posts and memories! I'm glad you're still blogging--you scared me there for a hot second. I think recognizing personal growth is a really important part of writing, so I'm happy that you've decided to make this big step forward. I look forward to reading your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to follow your new blog! And yes, be raw and real and who you are with no limits. if a new blog is needed for that, go for it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Honestly Aimee, I am so impressed that you have written, produced, and worked so hard on the Bright Eyes podcast. It's super impressive, and I'm getting major Illuminae vibes from it. I can't wait to hear the next episode. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely looking forward to the new blog. I understand why you'd like to get a fresh start and am really glad you're not deleting your old blog. <3 Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So exciting! Can't wait to see what the New Aimee brings to the world <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's awesome that you're realizing what's best for you & doing it :) That's amazing, and I can't wait for what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

hey. hey. talk to me. i'm a fan of comments and flailing with you. go for it.